“Always excellent!”

Madison, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always excellent!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We dined last night at our favorite Indian restaurant. As always, the food and service were excellent. We dine there about every 4-6 weeks and we like to try a different dish most times, although I'm particularly fond of the Dhaba special (lamb, chicken & shrimp dish), and my husband likes their beer selections. We are always greeted warmly by the owner or staff who always seem to recognize us. We could have used a coupon but we didn't use it: prices are so reasonable and the owner sent over a dessert for each of us for which we were not charged. A great way to ensure customer loyalty! It is so far the only Indian restaurant in the Madison, WI area at which we will dine, and we're lucky it's only minutes from our home. The menu is extensive, and the atmosphere is warm and pleasant. There are many Indian decorations and staff are well-trained. A gem, in our opinion!

• Visited May 2014

Madison, Wisconsin
“Just great”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Had another great meal at Dhaba. Food taste just like dhaba's in india. Miss india but not the food. Thanks dhaba :)

• Visited March 2014
Avon, Connecticut
“Great Customer Service”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

8 of us walked in without a reservation. We were seated immediately a one large table. Wait staff very friendly and helpful with suggestion. Food was delicious, spiced to taste, large portions. Waiter willingly separated out the alcoholic beverages from our check (expense account won't pay for alcohol). Packed up the leftovers for us without being asked. Gave us free desserts.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank MMouseMD
Front Royal, Virginia
“Second best Indian food I've ever had”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

My boyfriend and I happened upon this place one evening and were VERY pleasantly surprised. We've been back multiple times since. We usually get the vegetarian meal for two and we each get two full meals out of it with the leftovers. You get an appetizer, main course, and dessert. The food is delicious, the only thing which rivals it is my favorite Indian restaurant in Nairobi, Kenya that I used to visit during my 3 month stay there. Dhaba is fantastic, I have yet to find anything in the area that compares!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank nomad3817
wi
“Classic Indian”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Had the non-Vegetarian for two. It was as good an Indian meal as I have had, even in the "big city" restaurants. Service was top notch. Only possible improvement would be to warm up the environment a bit, maybe cover the concrete floor - dampen the sound.

Asked for 2 out of 5 for spiciness, right on the mark. Naan was perfect.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank badbucky

Been to Dhaba Indian Bistro? Share your experiences!