“Family reunion hit”

Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/Middleton
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Middleton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Our family reunion used the Hilton Garden Inn as home base and everyone was more than satisfied. Nestled in Greenway Station, the hotel is near the Beltline so it was easy to get to downtown Madison, but far enough away that you were away from all traffic noise. Middleton has wonderful restaurants, a bier garden, a quaint downtown area, and both shopping and restaurants within walking distance. Our family loved the pool with distinct areas for toddlers, volleyball players and young swimmers who like the surprising waterfalls. Each staff member we encountered was efficient and accommodating. As the planner, I found the staff to be helpful and flexible, with good suggestions for making our reunion go smoothy. The hotel is well maintained with inviting public areas. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HGIMWM, Guest Services Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/Middleton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you so much for writing such a fabulous review about your families experience while staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/ Middleton. Our staff strives to make your stay with us as enjoyable as possible. Please consider us for any future events you are looking to hold in the Madison area.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We walked in the door and they were swamped with guests but we were greeted with a smile, our room keys and directions to the nearby store that we needed. Our bed was not great but not bad either (king size-not adjustable) and the smell of the room was "pepperminty" which was nice in a homey way. We had no problems while there other than the hot tub made my eyes burn and gave me a coughing fit. Another guest had the same problem but for both of us it passed quickly when we moved away from the hot tub vapor. Exercise room was top-notch. All in all, the only thing that would have made it better is if the breakfast was free (we went to nearby Denny's and paid close the same price per person).

Room Tip: We had a first floor room and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
HGIMWM, Guest Services Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/Middleton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

It is great to hear that you had an excellent experience while at the Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/ Middleton. Thank you for the nice comments out how efficient our staff was during your busy check in time. We look forward to seeing you during your next stay! Hopefully you can join us for breakfast and get the full experience.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The hotel is pretty much what you would expect from a Hilton. Very clean and a very open entry area. Our room was clean but rather small. It had a bathroom that had no exhaust fan for your shower. The staff was very attentive and the room was very clean but there was nothing extraordinary about the hotel itself. It is very well situated right next to a outdoor wonderful mall.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

We are sorry to hear that your stay did not exceed your expectations. Thank you for the nice comments about our staff and the hotels overall cleanliness. We hope to have another opportunity to deliver you a better stay if your travels bring you back to Madison.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Don't get a king room with adjustable bed because it was like sleeping on a rocky bag of sand. It was truly terrible and the staff didn't care one bit that we were so uncomfortable.
I would not stay at this hotel ever again given the option.
The $12 breakfast seemed overpriced and ridiculous. It was unreasonable for the families staying there with us.

• Stayed: July 2014
HGIMWM, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/Middleton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are sorry that the comfort of your bed didn’t live up to your expectations. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our guest experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to Middleton. Feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss further or have any questions. I can be reached at ttenhagen@ncghotels.com or 608-861-2220

Tammy Tenhagen

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My wife and I stayed in this hotel from July 25th, 2014 to July 27, 2014. We stayed in room 239. It was a King room. The bed was terrible. It was a cheap knock off of a select comfort bed. The adjustment ranged from what my wife and I called Sandbag to concrete shelf. We did not get any rest. After the first night, I spoke to the front desk person. I told her that I was not upset with her, however, I wanted to comment on the bed and how uncomfortable it was. She said, “it’s half and half, some hate them, some love them”. She indicated that many of the king beds were broken and the selection switches did not work. She offered that we could switch to a queen room as those beds were standard beds. I am 6’8” though and having half of my body hanging off the bed is not an improvement over the terrible king they had in my room, so I declined. The next day (27th) when we checked out, the same woman was at the front desk. I told her it was another miserable night and that I did not think I would ever stay at a Hilton garden in again. I said, for a company to know that half their customers hate their beds, was silly to me. She said, well, I never said that anyone has ever said they hate them. I said that some people love them and then others say they don’t even notice. I was surprised by what she said, because it was a lie. I looked at her with a puzzled face, and then thought, “She is probably just trying to keep her job and regrets what she said”. So, I replied by saying, well, you had one person say they hated the bed. She said, oh, well yes, you sir. She said that she told management about my complaint. That was that, however. She did not offer to reduce the price of the room, she did not offer anything else. I have no intention of using this facility again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HGIMWM, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/Middleton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are extremely sorry to hear about your discomfort with our beds and that nothing was done to improve your stay. The staff here is always looking for feedback from our guests on ways we can make improvements. We hope to have another opportunity to deliver you a better stay if your travels ever bring you back to Middleton. Feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss further or have any questions. I can be reached at ttenhagen@ncghotels.com or 608-831-2220

Tammy

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Loved Jose! Great place to stay! Breakfast not free but wonderful choices if you are a healthy eater or gluten free! Rooms clean friendly front desk and housekeeping will definitely visit again. Pool clean, towels always available. Thanks

Stayed: May 2014
ZBarrett, Guest Services at Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/Middleton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

It is great to hear that you had an excellent experience while at the Hilton Garden Inn Madison West / Middleton. Thank you for your nice comments about Jose and our breakfast buffet. We look forward to seeing you during your next stay!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Wonderfull Hotel experience except the fact that Breakfast during the weekend (non-business travelers) was $10.00 ea. Most people traveling domestically on weekends are families, not on an expense account and this is quite costly to them as opposed to a single business traveler on an expense account.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
ZBarrett, Guest Service at Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/Middleton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Madison West / Middleton! We are pleased that you have taken the time to write a review of your stay with us on Orbitz. Feedback from guests is our most valuable tool in ensuring that we are exceeding our guests’ expectations every stay. We will pass on this information with the food and beverage department. We hope that you will give us a chance next time you are in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleton
Courtyard Madison West/Middleton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
Hampton Inn and Suites Madison West
Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton
Madison Marriott West
Madison Marriott West
#7 of 7 in Middleton

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/Middleton? Share your experiences!