“Comfortable and friendly long stay”

Residence Inn Madison West/Middleton
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Middleton
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I have been staying in this hotel for last 8 weeks and will be here for a few more weeks! It has almost started to feel like home, and after a tiring day or outing I pretty much look forward to coming back to my room, which says a lot.
Let me start with the best part - Staff
The hotel staff is very friendly and cheerful, and not like the robotic plastic smiles some hotel staff have. They are genuine and I could connect with them, which is what added to the stay feeling more homely. When I go down for breakfast each morning it helps to see the familiar smiling faces and conversations. Eliza, Katie, Zach and everybody else has been very helpful.

Room/suite
The suite itself is quite large and comfortable even though I am in the basic one. The color theme is very creative and tasteful, not at all boring or plain. The bed is quite large, and the seating area is also very roomy. The kitchen is very well equipped with appliances and cutlery and you can easily cook your own meals.

Dining
The daily buffet breakfast is quite satisfying, and although I would wish for some items to change more often, for a shorter stay the buffet is substantial in variety and good in taste. The dining area itself is very cozy and seats enough people to not feel crowded. They had a fire going in the winter which lent to an even better feel. Another plus point is they serve complimentary dinner on monday-wed. Although the options are nothing too great, it is a boon if you dont want to go out or if weather is bad. I thank Katie who was instrumental in adjusting the menu to my suggestions :-)

Other facilities
The gym is open 24 x 7 and although it is small, it is adequate for the people who need something to keep working out. The indoor swimming pool is also of decent size and has a jacuzzi too. One charming thing is the Store which is open 24 x 7 too. They stock a small variety of frozen and packaged items and drinks which you can buy from there. The coin-operated laundry room also has enough machines so I never had to wait to get one free.

Location
The location is near Greenway station which is one of the most buzzling areas as far as a small place like Middleton can have. It has plenty of eating options nearby and is somewhat centrally located.

To summarize, the combination of comfort, efficiency, tastefulness and friendliness make for a good long stay choice. I am sure I will enjoy the remainder of my stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Tim H, Manager at Residence Inn Madison West/Middleton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

This is such a wonderful and thorough review! You touched on nearly every aspect of our hotel that we take so much pride in; the team members, breakfast, social hour, large suites, kitchenettes, pool, hot tub, fitness center, the Market, location; but one part you didn’t mention is…the guests! You and all our guests are really what make our hotel successful and our jobs so rewarding. The interactions we have, the experiences we share, and the time we spend getting to know each other make the Residence Inn feel like a family environment for both guests and team members. Please feel free to bring us some more of your great suggestions to make your stay and our hotel even better! Thank you so much for staying with us, and we’ll see you at breakfast!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

The remodeling looks great, give it a fresh and bright look. The service and the attention given at the breakfast service are so caring and nurturing that, as a mother of 3, I really appreciate it and get great pleasure out of it. It puts me in vacation! We stayed in the comfortable 2 rooms and one living room, kitchen, sofa were our 3rd kid slept and we were able to have another family come and hang out with us in the evening as well. Plenty of space. Kids had a blast at the pool every day there. The General Manager, Coni Duhr, does an amazing job. We'll go back next year!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

I'm glad your family enjoyed the stay! Traveling with kids is made really easy with the help of our complimentary breakfast, pool, and hot tub as well as the fenced, outdoor basketball court when the weather is nice. The two-room suite you stayed in is our largest suite and has a queen-size bed in each room with a bathroom in each room too. A full-size pullout sofa in the living room adds the final touch to the sleeping arrangements, but there is plenty of floor space as you mentioned. Coni has been with the Residence Inn since it opened, so she is really in-touch with our guests and team members alike. We always appreciate the acknowledgement of our dedication to the guest experience, so thank you very much, and we’ll see you next year!

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Was actually moved to this location since my initial hotel was full. I was pleasantly surprised at what a great renovation has been done here. My room was large, the king size bed was soft (full of pillows) and the kitchen dining area was expansive. LIked having the extra space because it made the desk/work area that much more comfortable. Great h20 pressure, blessedly strong A/C too. I really liked the breakfast was better than average (great service) and the beer and food in the evenings was a really nice touch. Made for an easy day after a business day to know I didn't' have to go out and get food if I didn't want to. Highly recommend this property for a comfortable and classy stay. My only gripe - wish the coffee in the room was stronger. That said, I'm picky about coffee, so not the hotel's fault. The fact I could brew a whole pot (full size) whenever I wanted more than made up for it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Tim H, Manager at Residence Inn Madison West/Middleton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments on so many aspects of our hotel! All our studio suites have a king-size bed, and for those looking for a little more ambiance, we have a one bedroom suite with a king-size bed that has a fireplace in the living room as well! The rest of our rooms are still very spacious with queen-size beds, and as you mentioned, all our rooms have fully-stocked kitchenettes (with that full-size coffee pot) and their own air conditioning/heating units. The evening social is Monday through Wednesday from 5:30pm to 7:30pm, so all our guests are welcome to join us for a meal and drinks! And our complimentary hot buffet breakfast is served from 6:30am to 9:30am Monday through Friday, and 7am to 10am over the weekend. The renovation is complete, so come back to see everything put together! Thank you again!

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Stayed at the Residence Inn for a few nights in April 2013. The Staff was fantastic. Always helpful and asking if I needed anything else. great breakfast and dinner during the week. Enjoyed the hot tub every night to help relax. plenty of restaurants within walking distance.
Construction going on now to put in new patio and entrance. cant wait to see it when they finish.
Rooms are very large and spacious.

Room Tip: try not to get a room on the train track side. the track dead ends, but some trains still use it du...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Tim H, Manager at Residence Inn Madison West/Middleton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Home-away-from-home...that's our Residence Inn! I'm excited to hear you had such a great experience with us! The construction is almost done, and, as a matter of fact, we're having a Re-Grand Opening Reception on May 22nd! The renovation will be complete, so we're throwing a party! We'll have massages, prizes, and much more during our complimentary evening social from 4:30pm to 6:30pm. If you’re in town that week (or ever), join us at the Residence Inn Madison West/Middleton! See you soon!

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Have stayed here several times over past couple of years. First time since nice interior renovations. In a king studio 2 nights, rate was about $103 with AAA. Some patio exterior work being done out front, so entrance/exit is on west side.
Complimentary breakfast was good, some hot items including oatmeal, eggs, potatoes, waffle maker, etc... Also fruit, yogurt, cereals, small muffins, oj & cranberry juices, coffee, etc... Newspaper at front desk. Staff always nice, helpful & courteous!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

The renovation is almost complete! We'll have a beautiful new entrance and a great patio for guests to grill out and enjoy the weather! The lobby was completely revamped with new furniture and an expanded buffet line for that delicious breakfast and complimentary social hour Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Thank you for being such a loyal guest! We can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Room was large, clean and beautifully appointed. Staff was professional and courteous and went out of their way to accomodate. Have stayed at a number of Madison area hotels in the past several years, but this is by far the best yet. In addition to the free breakfast offerings each morning, there is a free dinner with beer and wine in the evening.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 333, end unit that was quite large.
Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

We're glad you like our hotel, and we look forward to hosting you again! The room you stayed in happened to be one of our Fireplace Suites! It is a large, one-bedroom suite featuring a king-size bed, a separate living room space, and a warm fireplace as well as the kitchenette and pull-out sofa found in all of our suites. Be sure to book one the next time you visit!

Reviewed 3 May 2013

I have never stayed at a Residence Inn before, so maybe they are all this nice. I was amazed at the size of the room with all of the comforts of home. The staff was friendly and eager to accomodate any request I had. Complimentary breakfast was good and three of the nights there was even a complimentary dinner!
It was super clean, and I couldn't hear my neighbors at all.
Love this hotel and the staff!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

I love the title of your review! We strive to deliver outstanding customer service and exceed your expectations in every way, so it sounds like we met our goal during your stay! We do offer a complimentary breakfast every day, and the dinner you mentioned is Residence Inn's signature evening social hour. The complimentary social hour is from 5:30pm to 7:30pm Monday through Wednesday, and we offer a themed meal with juice, beer, and wine included!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleton
Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/Middleton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
Courtyard Madison West/Middleton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton
Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison
Comfort Suites Madison West

Been to Residence Inn Madison West/Middleton? Share your experiences!