“good hotel”

Ranked #20 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Saint Louis, Missouri
“good hotel”
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel just for a night (november 10) The people are nice and very hospitable. The room is okay. When we arrive at our room my friend see some trash under the table. The hotel is located near walgreens and different restaurants.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
MilwaukeeHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Sorry to hear of your housekeeping issue...rest assured, we will address your concern. Thank you for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Chicago
Reviewed 18 November 2013

From Danielle at the Front Desk, to the man who took our request for help changing the clock (was still on summer time and way more complicated to change.) They sent an "engineer". And our complaint about the popcorn on the floor in the room (I know people in hotels can act like pigs, but not vacuuming the popcorn a bit of an oversight "Maggie".) Very accommodating staff.

Helped us with map and suggestions where to eat, all good, so the public people very good. Cleaners a bit less so. Location excellent, walkable to museums etc.

Room Tip: Higher better and no pool in case of importance to you.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for you review...we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Cordova, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed here as part of conference held by local company. Greeted well, check in smooth. Room well laid out, clean and quiet.
The bed was quite comfortable. I hate paying an outrageous fee for internet. I will downgrade every hotel that does this. Hyatt is not a discount hotel and no matter how you position it looks like gouging.
I enjoyed the breakfast buffet. Food quality was very good. Not cheapest but you know what to expect eating in hotel restaurant so I only care that the food quality measures up
Only other thing beside internet is the self park rate and process. I am sorry, Hampton Inn in downtown has worked out where parking can be added to your room and they give you key access. I got robbed of another 20 going out when I had already paid in hotel exit. I couldn't back up so they just gouge you. Hyatt work it out.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
We are disappointed to hear that everything was not up to par for you during your stay. We look forward to trying again to make your stay great next time you are in town.
Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a fun weekend in Milwaukee after getting a great price on priceline ($60!). It was a four star hotel, so I had high expectations, which were not met. We paid $25 to park for one night in the ramp attached to the hotel. Check in was very fast, but I was disappointed when they couldn't make our 2 full bed into a 1 king room. Especially since we checked in around 4pm. I don't understand how they can't just switch a room when not everyone hasn't checked in yet. The hotel has a hallow interior, like an atrium, so all the noises being made by intoxicated guests on any floor, including the lobby are echoed throughout the building and audible in everyone's room. The yelling drunks died out around bar close, then the place was quiet. Our room was clean, but on the smaller side. The beds were small, there's not way they were queen sized, but they were comfortable. There are many dining and entertainment in close walking distance, and just kitty corner to the Bradley Center. In the future I would not choose to stay here, especially since there are many other options nearby.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mschuh03
We are disheartened to hear of the difficulties you experienced during your stay, and we are hopeful that you will give us a chance to change your mind next time you are in Milwaukee.
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Stayed here two nights for a conference. Great location downtown within walking distance to restaurants and attractions. Staff were very friendly and courteous. Check in was very quick with no problems. The hotel does not have a lot of amenities. Has a small bar and restaurant. Parking was $25 a night. No free wi-fi in the room. I was able to connect to other free services, but the signal was not great. The rooms were clean and well maintained, but nothing great. Beds were comfortable. No fridge or microwave in the room. Unless I'm there for business, I probably would choose another place downtown.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review, and we hope to make your stay better next time you are with us.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The Hyatt Milwaukee is a great hotel. When I arrived by car, I was immediately greeted by the valet and the bellman. They were very friendly and make a great first impression. The greeting by the front desk staff was equally impressive. I was quickly checked into my room. The room was immaculate and very comfortable. After getting back from dinner, the heat in my room was not working. I called the front desk and within minutes an engineer was at my door. The problem was fixed in just a few minutes.

The only complaint I have is the quality of the TV reception. The room have great flat screen TV's but no high definition stations. The picture quality was marginal, at best.

When I checked out, I asked to leave my bags with the bellman since I had a meeting that would not be done until later in the day. I also left my car with the valet, and even though it was past check out time, they did not charge me for the extra time.

When I left, the bellman and valet both asked if I needed directions to any place and also wished me a safe trip and said they hoped I would stay when I return to Milwaukee. I definitely will.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
We strive to make every guest feel like you did during your stay...thank you!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 October 2013

When I stay at a hotel that is rated below 4 star I have concern. This hotel is a 4 star when it comes to accommodations, staff, service, et. al.

The hotel staff are personable, pleasant, helpful, and courteous. The rooms were spotless, the bedding was luxurious (even the feather/down pillows), and the bathroom facilities were 5 star.

All that I would expect from a Hyatt and then some! Thank you to the Hyatt Milwaukee for making my time away from home wonderful!

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor - very quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
It's reviews like this that keep us going...thanks so much!