“Great Location, Excellent overnight experience”

Hyatt Regency Milwaukee
Ranked #20 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 13 May 2014

A group of friends and I were recently in Milwaukee for a bachelorette party, and had a fantastic experience at the Hyatt Regency. Location was perfect, right in the downtown area. We were able to walk to a nearby bar for dinner and drinks before attending a Brewers game, and were walking distance from a plethora of downtown bars afterwards as well. Made for a carefree night, didn't have to worry about finding a ride. Staff were very friendly and accommodating! We had 3 rooms between us, all had excellent view of the downtown area, very cool. Rooms were clean and modern. My only complaint would be that they were a bit snug and small, and there was no refrigerator. Didn't matter much for us since we really only used the rooms to get ready and to have a bed to sleep in. Lobby area was awesome, complete with glass elevators. We were also able to utilize the valet parking at a reasonable price and was totally worth it. I would definitely stay here time and time again, and recommend

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
MilwaukeeHyatt, Administrative Assistant at Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Lindeeanne from Appleton, WI -

I am so glad to hear of another fellow Fox Valley resident staying with us. Sounds like you had a great time celebrating such a wonderful event. I completely agree, our location makes traveling in and around the city convenient. Whether it is for another "girls-night-out" event or a relaxing "stay-cation" we hope you return to celebrate some of the great, summer celebrations we have coming up soon. Our packages and discounts along with our proximity to Potawatomi, Brewer's stadium, Bradley Center, and the Lakefront are all things to return to Milwaukee for. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is a very large hotel - seems ideal for conventions and conferences with several meeting rooms on the second floor. The design of the hotel is with rooms all around and an open inner space with an architectural hanging in the middle of this inner space. Quite modern and interesting look. The decor of all the floors and the carpets all create a nice modern visual look.

Check in was efficient.

The room size is very good. The bedding on the king bed is great and the small pillows (unlike the usual large hotel pillows) were also very comfortable for a great nights sleep. TV is at angle and there is a desk as well as a comfortable chair and ottoman. Plenty of closet space for hanging clothes. Not a lot of drawers.

Lighting in the room is not sufficient. Even when i switched on all the lights the room still felt dark - this should be a simple thing to fix to add light and make the room feel more bright when required.

Air conditioning worked well and could be adjusted with the controls in the room effectively.

Nice sized window and no building right next to it - but views are not remarkable.

Bathroom is very small for a room of this size. There is a bathtub combined with shower, toilet and then the countertop with sink right next to it. The sink had to be put at one end of the countertop since the toilet is so close to it. Toiletries in the bathroom were bare minimum. No shower cap. Since the bathroom was so small it was not very convenient to use.

Aquafina water bottles were kept in the room - two bottles for $3 each - why cant hotels provide drinking water OR at least some drinking water without extra charge - most international hotels do - Hyatt in London and Hong Kong does - why not in Milwaukee?

The bistro in the lobby seemed very small for a hotel of this size. No buffet breakfast. Food quality is very average - the sausage with the eggs was cold and undercooked. However service is exceptional. The server at the bistro was cheerful, attentive, efficient and warm.

There is a fitness center on the third floor - again fairly small for such a large hotel. Also it could have been put on a higher floor with better views. Seems like a simple change to do to make this experience more pleasant. No one in the gym to monitor people. There were some guests "hanging out in the gym" drinking coffee and chatting only (not working out at all).

Usually stay at the Pfister in Milwaukee. Will do so again the next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Wings_Wheels

Thank you Wings_Wheels for taking the time to review our property. The feedback you provide allows us to improve our services and products. I will make sure to pass this review and comments onto the other associates. We work very hard to maintain a "home-away-from-home" feel and I hope we were able to accomplish that for you. With so many great events and things to do in downtown, I hope you consider staying with us again. Check out our packages and discounts for your next stay in Milwaukee.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have stayed at this Hyatt at least a dozen or more times, and I've never had an issue. The rooms on the top floors have an awesome view from any side of the hotel. I also splurge a little while staying there and get breakfast from room service, and it is always awesome. The beds and amenities are also very nice. If you like to gamble there is also a free shuttle to the Potawatomi Casino that comes around every hour.

1  Thank Will F

It is always nice to receive such a great review. Whether attending an event, convention, or here to relax; we aim to please. I'm glad that you were able to attend a Brewer's game while here, in Milwaukee. The season is off to an interesting start and it has only just begun. With so many more games to see, we would love to have you return. We have some great package deals at the moment for instance a Park & Stay Package as well as a Brewer's Package. See you soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Had a really nice room. The service was great. I only gave it a 4 because we didn't have a little refrigerator in the room. Visually very cool and the view in Polaris is impressive. The location is great if you have an event there or at the adjoining Wisconsin Center.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the kind review. We appreciate your patronage and hope you come to see us again soon. Whether you are traveling through or to Milwaukee, we want to make your stay a pleasant one. I apologize that we did not for-see the need for a refrigerator in your room, although we would kindly accommodate the request. With so many great events and things to do in Milwaukee I hope you return soon and please consider us as your top choice for overnight accommodations.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We received an amazing deal on this hotel when we were planning a trip to Milwaukee and let me tell you, I would have paid double for the service and room we received! The valet service ($27/night) was top-notch, and well worth the $2 extra over parking the truck ourselves. The bellman who brought our bags to the room joked with us a lot and gave us some great recommendations as to where to eat nearby. I didn't hear a single sound outside our room either night of our stay, even with teenagers standing down the hall talking (only knew they were there because we went to go get ice from the vending area). And I cannot say enough about how comfortable the room was. The bed was amazing and the rest of the room was spacious. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who needs/wants a downtown hotel in Milwaukee.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
MilwaukeeHyatt, Administrative Assistant at Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you Newdaydawning from Lansing, MI -

We appreciate you providing your feedback and giving us a 5-star review. Our brand new beds are a great way to relax at the end of your day. So whether you are in town for a business conference or to take advantage of our great location and proximity to entertainment--we would enjoy having you back. With the summer season fast approaching we are offering some great deals and packages. Since you are only just a hop, skip, and a jump across the big lake; we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed 3 nights in a business trip (conference hosted in the hotel). I believe that in terms of location it is great, a lot of bars and restaurants nearby. However, I found the layout of the hotel leading to a noisy environment (not a good trait when choosing a place to sleep). While the rooms were clean, the bathroom was rather small and there was no mini-fridge. Since I did not pay I am unaware of the cost in comparison to nearby and similar hotels but I did see a lot of baseball fans. Service was great from all staff and their rotating top floor (polaris) is a great way to view the downtown area. Elevators were fast despite a high occupancy.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you foghesino from San Antonio, TX -

I appreciate your comments and overall review of our property. We do aim to please and utilize these reviews to further assist us in that process. Whether in town for business or pleasure we offer some unique and valuable amenities that I hope you can take advantage of the next time you are in town. Need a refrigerator, no problem, we would be happy to deliver one to your room. I hope you consider staying with us again, whether for another business conference or to mix in a little pleasure. Our location and current packages offer a wide variety of entertainment choices. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

The Hyatt Regency Milwaukee is a great hotel. The rooms are very clean, modern, and well-decorated. The hotel is designed so that all of the rooms face out to an atrium that runs the entire height of the hotel. The atrium allows sound to travel quite a bit, but the room doors and the design of the room itself block out almost all sound -- someone obviously thought a lot about how to keep the rooms as quiet as possible. As for the beds, I cannot emphasize enough how amazing they are. My fiance and I actually planned our day so that we could get back to the room earlier than expected and enjoy relaxing in the bed. Some people might disagree, but for me the bed is the most important part of my stay at a hotel. The staff was also very friendly and eager to help when we asked questions. The hotel has a fairly nice bar that was better than anything else we found in the neighborhood. The location was right downtown, central to the nearby shopping mall and a short walk to the riverwalk and the lakeshore. I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Milwaukee.

Room Tip: Given the atrium, you're probably better off getting a room on one of the higher floors. Otherw...