Hyatt Regency Milwaukee
US$205
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Milwaukee - Park Place(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$131
InterContinental
US$181
US$169
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
The Iron Horse Hotel(Milwaukee)
US$225
US$200
US$114
Travelocity
1,790 results
All reviewsopen atriumbradley centervalet parkingbucks gamebreakfast buffetself parkfront desk staffold worldking beddowntown hotelbars and restaurantsthe river walkvalet servicenice staybusiness centerbeds were comfortableconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel has a nice location near arena and convention center, and it's clean. However, it's getting kind of long in the tooth. Furnishings were spare, and drawers were in strangely short supply. One cabinet was clearly intended to house a refrigerator or minibar, but didn't. Bathrooms were ... eh, and the bathtub drain worked, but had no stopper. Although the staff was generally friendly and helpful, the folks at the front desk were always a little too busy to give enough (or prompt enough) attention. The rate was low enough to make the overall rating (value) average, but if I hadn't been with a group that was staying there, I wouldn't have.

Room Tip: Third floor houses a health club; ask for something higher.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
MilwaukeeHyatt, Executive Assistant at Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Pastaman8 from Atlantic City -

I sincerely appreciate the review of your recent stay with us. We value these comments for training purposes and to rectify issues that we may not have known about. Whether staying with us for a group event, convention, or just a leisurely get-a-way...we try to accomodate all needs and wants. I hope your group enjoyed our location, Milwaukee hospitality, and overall event. Thank you again and I hope we get the chance to WOW you during any future visits.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed for just one night while in town for a family event. It was within walking distance of many great bar and restaurants. The lobby area was large and there was a lot going on (restaurant, cocktails, sundries shop) which we appreciated. The room was clean and spacious and we slept well. Parking was a little costly and we had some issues with using our points and still getting charges on our credit card, but other than that it was a good choice!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Ginala from Manteno, IL -

I want to thank you for taking the time to place your review. We appreciate your four-star rating of our property. You are absolutely right...our location makes dining and travel to downtown venues and events a breeze. The privately-owned, attached structure does make parking more convenient and the availability of park and stay packages more cost efficient. I hope you keep us in mind for your next trip to Milwaukee.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I planned to stay here 12 nights. Ha! I'm checking out before staying the first night!

1. Confusion at check in about the parking procedure. Front desk gal, said she would contact me when she cleared it up. 8 hours later, still no call. I figured it out myself.

2. Thin walls/ceiling. I can hear the guy in the room above me, taking a leak! Ha there it is again now as I type this!

3. Hairs in the dresser drawers. Yah. not likely the hair from someone head either. How about a quick vacuum huh?

4. BRUTALLY slow wifi. It's Sunday night, no major conventions in town, hotel not full. I'm getting .6mbps. There is a period before that six...yes point six mbps. I am getting 10 times faster speeds from my 4g iphone. The front desk just pawned me off to their service provider, who said, that is the speed "To Be Expected." Sorry not what I expect from the Hyatt. Heck it's not what I expect from a Super 8!

I'm here on business and one or two of these things are no big deal over the course of a stay.
All of these things in the first 8 hours...terrible. So much for the lip service slogan, "call us if any part of your stay is anything less than exceptional." I didn't and all they said was there is nothing we can do about it.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Travel2Mountains

Travel2Mountains from Denver, CO -

I can certainly understand your frustration, Travel2Mountains. We do appreciate your feedback given and aim to use this review as a training tool for the future. Please accept my apologies for the untimely rectification of events during your recent stay. We can absolutely do better and hope you give us the opportunity in the future to prove what Hyatt Hospitality really is. Thank you again for taking the time to place your review.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed at the Hyatt regency over Memorial weekend. Was slow weekend in downtown Milwaukee which was wonderful for us. Hotel was clean and staff was very helpful. Definitely would stay again. Great value on quiet weekend. Booked through Priceline received unbelievable price. Beds were very comfortable. Great restuarants within walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
MilwaukeeHyatt, Executive Assistant at Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

jojonash from Wisconsin Rapids -

Thank you for the wonderful four-star review. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we did. You are absolutely right...location...location...location. Our associates strive to make you as comfortable as possible and our city...nothing like the Milwaukee charm. I hope your next mini-getaway brings you back our way and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed there for an overnight visit, and picked it basically for the location. You are mere steps from the US Cellular Center and Bradley Center and connected to Delta Center. You are also walking distance to some great restaurants.

The STAFF were efficient and friendly. Oddly, it's a very small check in space and looks as if it was an after thought.

The PUBLIC AREAS were quite dated. It's an open air/atrium layout. Think Embassy Suites if they were around in the early 70's. Concrete 18 floors up. I'm not sure if the few plants they had over the railings were plastic or not. I just did not want to find out. Quite large and modern business center is right off the lobby. Lots of meeting rooms and space. Carpets were in good condition. For having 4 elevators, we thought they were quite slow despite the hotel not feeling overly busy.

The ROOM, (we were on the 11th floor, king room) was much more modern and quite clean. Bathrooms are fairly standard if not perhaps on the small size, but I don't need a lot of room. While most of the bathroom (and hotel room) were modern, there were still touches of the old. The shower head, for example, was clearly a carry over from the last remodel. The lounge chair, it seemed, was also. New large, flat screen with all the hook ups for laptops and audio as well as charging. The room also had a nice iHome radio, alarm clock, iPhone charging dock. My biggest complaint about the room was the size of the PILLOWS. TINY TINY. The king bed had 5...good thing too, since you needed every single one to START to feel like you had a "real" pillow. The bed was quite comfortable, but the pillows made the sleep less than ideal. What is it about hotel who use these mini-pillows for bed? The Hyatt Place properties (as well as other less-than-full-service hotels all use better pillows than the HR). My other complaint, the room windows were FILTHY. I mean, I don't think they've been cleaned in quite some time. The view was great of the downtown, but you certainly wouldn't be able to take a picture.

PARKING, while it was VERY convenient, (you can walk to the hotel without going outside--a plus certainly, depending on the weather.) but expensive. $25/day. I suppose typical for a downtown business hotel. INTERNET, was $9.95/day...which seems reasonable, but we didn't use it so I can't comment on the speed or value.

OVERALL, It was okay. If location is key, for those venues, then this is the place. But I don't think it was worth the money. I'd probably stay elsewhere, not for any ONE particular reason, but mainly because I'm sure there are nicer hotels for the price you pay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

TRS1969 from Columbus, OH -
Thank you for your "Great Location" Review. You are absolutely right...our location is ideal for a downtown Milwaukee property. With all of the recent room updates, our fantastic customer care, and future events planned we hope to make your next stay memorable as well. We value your review to make future improvements to our products and service, so thank you again.