“Solid hotel, I guess......”

Hyatt Regency Milwaukee
Ranked #20 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Seattle, Washington
“Solid hotel, I guess......”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I visit Milwaukee for business about once per year. I have no control on where my employer books me. Half the time they book me at the Pfister, the other half I end up at the Hyatt. I (and my fellow employees) prefer the Pfister.

Having said that, please understand this is a perfectly acceptable hotel. The rooms are clean and fairly large, the beds are reasonably comfortable, and the rooms are furnished exactly as you would expect from an upscale chain hotel. If your are attending a game or a concert at the Bradley Center, no hotel is more convenient. If you are in town for a convention, a skywalk system leads you directly to the Wisconsin Convention Center.

The only "flaw" of this place is it's feel of a gigantic, bland, impersonal hotel that is part of a giant hospitality chain. The hotel's atrium reminds me of a prison cell-block. If you can overlook this aspect of the hotel and/or you prefer the predictability of chains, by all means stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
MilwaukeeHyatt, Executive Assistant at Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Gfselect from Seatlle, Washington -

Thank you Gfselect for your four-star review of our property. Although we are not going for the "prison cell-block" look and we let everyone out on "Good-Behavior"; we truly hope you enjoyed your stay. You are absolutely right that our location and enclosed skywalks make transportation throughout the city convenient. Whether you return for business or leisure we have something for everyone and we look forward to sharing our hospitality with you again soon (no prison jump-suit needed).

Executive Assistant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Fl
Reviewed 21 June 2014

From start to finish, checkin to checkout, Super stay all around. Special thank you and and job well done to Alison Johnson, Bobby and Mike.... Going the extra mile to make this stay the best it could be...

From this Diamond Member,
See you next time!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
uli1 from FL -

Thank you uli1 for the "Job Well Done!"--Five star review. It is always great to receive such wonderful feedback especially from a Diamond Member such as yourself. It is always our goal to make you feel "Right-At-Home", whenever you are here. We may not always have Florida weather...but with all the great events to attend in Milwaukee, it is sure nice to return. I will relay your special thank-you to Alison, Bobby, and Mike; as we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Asheville, NC
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I had a hotwire.com stay at the Hyatt for one night. It was located only a couple of blocks from the river walk so location was good. Lots of restaurants nearby. It was clean but was a little tired. Staff was friendly and there was a lot of history in the hotel. It was fine for the night. I had just left the Hilton which I liked a little better even though the Hyatt was a bit better location to me. I would have liked a small frig in the room.

Room Tip: Off street
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
AnnieGirl50 from Asheville, NC -

Thanks you for taking the time to review our property on TA. We value the comments you provide in order to improve our products and services as well as create training tools when necessary. You are absolutley right...our location is just right. We are conveniently located within walking distance to many restaurants and events in downtown Milwaukee. Along with our enclosed skywalks, this makes transportation so much more convenient. All the great discounts available through online booking tools, can provide a great stay at a great price. Please let us know if you are in need of extra amenities or refrigerators during your next stay, we are happy to accomodate.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Went for the conference, close to the Wisconsin centre with a Skywalk. The room is nice, staff is friendly. But you should give free Internet to the guests in rooms after paying so much. Plus upgrade your TV to high definition..Otherwise good hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Sath R
MilwaukeeHyatt, Executive Assistant at Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Sath R -

Thank you so much for the four-star review of our property. We appreciate these reviews and utilize them for product and service issues as well as a training tool for the future. We are currently in negotiations to upgrade our TV services and hope to have that completed before any of your future stays with us. You are absolutley right that our Skywalks offer convenience for traveling in downtown. Whether you are traveling on another business trip or coming back for a leiserly get-a-way, we will strive to do our best. Thank you again adn we hope to see you soon.

Atlantic City
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel has a nice location near arena and convention center, and it's clean. However, it's getting kind of long in the tooth. Furnishings were spare, and drawers were in strangely short supply. One cabinet was clearly intended to house a refrigerator or minibar, but didn't. Bathrooms were ... eh, and the bathtub drain worked, but had no stopper. Although the staff was generally friendly and helpful, the folks at the front desk were always a little too busy to give enough (or prompt enough) attention. The rate was low enough to make the overall rating (value) average, but if I hadn't been with a group that was staying there, I wouldn't have.

Room Tip: Third floor houses a health club; ask for something higher.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Pastaman8 from Atlantic City -

I sincerely appreciate the review of your recent stay with us. We value these comments for training purposes and to rectify issues that we may not have known about. Whether staying with us for a group event, convention, or just a leisurely get-a-way...we try to accomodate all needs and wants. I hope your group enjoyed our location, Milwaukee hospitality, and overall event. Thank you again and I hope we get the chance to WOW you during any future visits.

Manteno, IL
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed for just one night while in town for a family event. It was within walking distance of many great bar and restaurants. The lobby area was large and there was a lot going on (restaurant, cocktails, sundries shop) which we appreciated. The room was clean and spacious and we slept well. Parking was a little costly and we had some issues with using our points and still getting charges on our credit card, but other than that it was a good choice!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Ginala from Manteno, IL -

I want to thank you for taking the time to place your review. We appreciate your four-star rating of our property. You are absolutely right...our location makes dining and travel to downtown venues and events a breeze. The privately-owned, attached structure does make parking more convenient and the availability of park and stay packages more cost efficient. I hope you keep us in mind for your next trip to Milwaukee.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I planned to stay here 12 nights. Ha! I'm checking out before staying the first night!

1. Confusion at check in about the parking procedure. Front desk gal, said she would contact me when she cleared it up. 8 hours later, still no call. I figured it out myself.

2. Thin walls/ceiling. I can hear the guy in the room above me, taking a leak! Ha there it is again now as I type this!

3. Hairs in the dresser drawers. Yah. not likely the hair from someone head either. How about a quick vacuum huh?

4. BRUTALLY slow wifi. It's Sunday night, no major conventions in town, hotel not full. I'm getting .6mbps. There is a period before that six...yes point six mbps. I am getting 10 times faster speeds from my 4g iphone. The front desk just pawned me off to their service provider, who said, that is the speed "To Be Expected." Sorry not what I expect from the Hyatt. Heck it's not what I expect from a Super 8!

I'm here on business and one or two of these things are no big deal over the course of a stay.
All of these things in the first 8 hours...terrible. So much for the lip service slogan, "call us if any part of your stay is anything less than exceptional." I didn't and all they said was there is nothing we can do about it.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Travel2Mountains
Travel2Mountains from Denver, CO -

I can certainly understand your frustration, Travel2Mountains. We do appreciate your feedback given and aim to use this review as a training tool for the future. Please accept my apologies for the untimely rectification of events during your recent stay. We can absolutely do better and hope you give us the opportunity in the future to prove what Hyatt Hospitality really is. Thank you again for taking the time to place your review.