“OK stay in MKE”

Ranked #20 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“OK stay in MKE”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Location is great- walkable distances to a lot of the summer festivals- SummerFest, Jazz in the Park, Lake Michigan... I wasn't impress nor was I disappointed. Very reasonable price and for how much we were actually in the hotel, this worked out great.

Staff was friendly and the breakfast buffet at the restaurant was pretty decent as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room- it was nice not having rooms on both sides since there were a lot of families...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
MilwaukeeHyatt, Executive Assistant at Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Roadtripper7823 from Minneapolis, MN -

Thank you Roadtripper7823 for the recent review on TA. As a senior reviewer, we value your comments and the time you take to post them. With all of the great festivals, sporting events, and entertainment within walking distance from us, we have a lot to offer. I will pass this review onto our department heads and associates so that we can impress you during your next visit. Great tip about our corner rooms...quieter location with fantastic views. Hope to see you again soon.

Executive Assistant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency 4th of July weekend. We stayed Friday-Sunday because we were there for Summerfest. We picked the Hyatt because my husband had Hyatt points to use.

CHECK IN: Pretty easy..we got there Friday afternoon and our room was ready. The process was quick and easy.

ROOM: Since we were using points, we had a standard room. Which I have to say are pretty small. If we were there more than 2 days it would have been a problem. The first room that was given to us had a terrible view of the parking garage. And was right outside the elevators and right next to the vending and ice machine room. I called the front desk and asked for another room. They were very accommodating and moved us right away.

The hotel just went through a renovation, the rooms were a little modern but very small. Only 1 person in the bathroom at a time. Bed was comfy, but the pillows were too small. Our room had an issue with fruit flies. Thankfully, we didn't spend too much in there since we were there for Summerfest.

Housekeeping was OK. She didn't take the dirty towels and only gave us 1 new towel. We had some empty bottles and dirty glasses that were not taken. And no new glasses were provided. We did call and they provided it right away.

We didn't eat at the hotel, so I can't comment on the restaurant or room service. Everyone we encountered were polite and helpful. It was a good distance from Summerfest, and walking distance to bars and restaurants.

The parking garage next door needs some attention. It looked like it would fall apart any minute. Plus, I felt having to pay extra for parking for quests staying overnight was a bit of rip off. Usually, the hotel validates your ticket, we paid $50 for 2 nights. Plus, the garbage cans by the elevators were always over flowing with trash. We saw the same trash for 2 days...it was gross.

CHECK OUT: There was a mix up when checking out. They forgot to add the Hyatt points to the bill, but it was quickly resolved. It was still a little higher in price than what I was quoted over the phone when I originally booked. Not sure what happened there, but they seemed a little confused.

I would stay here again if we had points to use. But, I would not pay the regular price, rooms are just too small.

1 Thank Nen12
Nen12 from Chicago, IL -

Thank you Nen12 for taking the time to review our property on TA. We value your comments and opinions on our products and service. I am glad to hear that the couple of concerns you had, regarding the hotel, were quickly rectified. Although, parking in downtown MKE can sometimes be a hassle or hard to find nearby, we do offer the attached parking garage (which is seperately owned and operated). Our location does make getting around MKE a breeze without a vehicle, however. With so many more festivals and events that continue well after Summerfest is gone, we hope you visit us again soon.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Oh dear Hyatt, I know there's not much you can do about this, but your design, well it stinks. I mean, you know you're in for it when you arrive in your hotel room, put your bag down, and next to the little notepad and pen they always leave in hotels is one NEW item you've never before been given, at least not at the rate per night you're paying to stay in the Hyatt: earplugs.

The hotel is designed in this weird way where it's a giant square, with each room facing inward so you can get all the noise from the lobby or people screaming to one another between the lobby and the balcony outside their room.

Woman: Bring down my water bottle
Man: What?
Woman: Water- bottle, bring it
Man: I am bringing the key
Woman: No, my (ahh you get the point)

The hotel is loud. Minus two stars, one for each ear that required an earplug. There's no free wifi in the rooms. Sorry friends, but in 2014 there's a new rule in town- no free wifi throughout the hotel (having it free in the lobby was just a tease) means no free star. Minus another star.

What's to like? Location, location, location.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Patrick F from Los Angeles, CA -

Thank you Patrick F for taking the time to voice your comments and review our porperty on TA. We utilize these reviews to enhance both our products and our service, so again we thank you. I apologize for the additional noise carried from other guests, and I hope that it was not bothersome during your entire stay. We understand that while getting away, you do not want to, or should not have to, contend with annoyances such as these. Your right our great location does make this hotel stand out, so I hope that you consider staying again and allowing us to showcase all of our assets.

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I am never disappointed with the Hyatt Regency Hotels. This was my first time at the Milwaukee hotel and it was beautiful and clean and modern. It was a quick one night stay for a soccer game at Miller Park so I did not get to experience most of the amenities. The front desk staff was kind and helpful. They asked why I was in town and immediately recommended some local establishments with free shuttles to and from the event. The lobby was beautiful and the bar/lounge was relaxing and comfortable with a pleasant bartender and good drinks. The room was clean with comfortable beds and modern decor. Everything I needed was provided and I couldn't find a single thing to complain about. As usual with the Hyatt Regency Hotels there is free wi-fi in the lobby but you have to purchase it in the rooms and you pay for parking. Not a big deal since I got a very good price on the room. Won't hesitate to return again or recommend the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
MilwaukeeHyatt, Executive Assistant at Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Tandrep from Madison, WI -

Thank you Tandrep for the 5-star review on TA. I always enjoy reviewing the comments from senior contributors of TA. Of course your comments are no exception, especially with such a pleasant review. We take great pride in the wonderful associates that we have here and their ability to make our guests feel at home. Our location is top notch whether attending a sporting event, conference, or festival. Looks like we were able to score a GOALLLL, with your recent stay. Not even a penalty kick needed. Thanks again for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again soon.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 15 July 2014

we were visiting our daughter in milwaukee wi. we stayed at the hyatt in milwaukee. check in was fast and efficient due to Krista who did a great job in meeting our room needs. I am an elite member thus I get a newspaper every day. Out of four days I got it once. Called every day but only got it once. I don’t understand why this is a problem that can’t be fixed but it seems to persist. The room was great-non allergenic- used an upgrade to get it. It really makes a difference especially if you have allergies. All the staff were very nice, especially Maria at the breakfast restaurant. Service was good and food was very good. Except for the minor items the stay was very good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
MilwaukeeHyatt, Executive Assistant at Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Johngv47 from Scottsdale, AZ -

Thank you Johngv47 for the great four-star review on TA. I am pleased to hear that your recent visit was enjoyable. I will make sure to pass this onto Krista, Maria, and the other associates to remind them of the great job they are doing. Of course we strive for excellence and hope that during your next stay we can really WOW you. We are happy to do our best with each request we receive, so if you are interested in a daily paper please reach out so that we can accomodate. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I was super lucky and scored this hotel for two nights at an awesome, unbeatable rate. We booked a king size deluxe room. The room itself was clean. TV was large. King Size bed was very comfortable. Wish there had been more lighting in the room itself, but that always seems to be an issue for me in every hotel room. I was disappointed that the water provided in the room was not free. The front desk staff was very responsive to our needs (ie; extra towels, sewing kit, etc). Our housekeeper (Nicole) was very cheerful and friendly.You can tell she really loves her job!
Valet service was excellent! I doubt that I'll be in the Milwaukee area again, but I would stay again at this hotel in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 9th floor. Extremely quiet!
1 Thank Erin S
Erin S form Lafayette, IN -

Thank you Erin for the "Great Location" review. As a Senior Contributor for TA, we value your opinion and comments. I will pass this great review onto the management team and our wonderful associates to share the nice words you have shared. Of course, we always strive for excellence and aim to make our guests feel at home. Although Summerfest is over, we have so many more events and activities to enjoy in Milwaukee. Since you have already sampled the World of Beer and Johnny V's, our great associates can point you in the direction of several other great establishments right outside our front door. Hope to see you again soon.

Mendota Heights, Minnesota
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The hotel was good. Nothing spectacular, but clean and nice. A little bit outdated, sitting in the lobby bar I felt a bit claustrophobic, but great location. We went to Milwaukee for Summerfest to see Bruno mars and Lady Gaga. WE took a taxi cab to the Summer fest ground, but, of course, that was impossible to find a cab on the way back home. So we just started walking towards our hotel, thinking we might catch a cab and amazingly we just walked all the way there with no problems. So yes, it is not that far, a very pleasant walk trough the city! very nice!
Check the Italian restaurant just across the street - great lunch!!
Of course, visit famous German place - The Mader's restaurant - D- LISH!!!
We stopped at the Pfisfer hotel - that place is spectacular - too bad we couldn't get a room there - so much character and old school charm!
John Hawk's pub is a fun place to grab a drink on the patio. The waiter was amazing, don't remember his name ( handsome Asian guy), he gave us lots of advises where to go and what to see, he used to work as a city tour guide.
Overall, good place to stay

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Posers from Minnesota -

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property on TA. Your are absolutley right...we are a, "Great Location". Whether you are in Milwaukee for festivals, events, games, or conferences we are conveniently located for each. This definitely makes travel around MKE easier and not necessary to have a vehicle. Summerfest may be over but there is so much more going on; I hope you plan another trip to MKE and visit us again soon.