“Saturday Night Stay”

Hyatt Regency Milwaukee
Ranked #20 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee

WATCH OUT FOR THEIR PARKING $$$$
I booked room online. Pulled up to unload. I was given the option of parking my self for $25 per night or get the valet service for $27. I went valet but when I go to check in I was given a parking voucher for free parking. At this time, I was already committed and apparently their was nothing they could do at the front desk but say sorry. I didn't raise a stink but it kind of seemed like a shady money grab. So when you go, watch out for this! Better transparency would have been appreciated.
Room was adequate. Pricey for what you get and how small it was. Clean but filthy outer windows ruined a good view.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank corey s
MilwaukeeHyatt, Executive Assistant at Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Corey S from Twin Lakes, WI -

Thank you kindly Corey S, for taking the time to review our property on TA. I will make sure to pass these comments along to better accomodate your needs in the future. Although the parking structure is privately owned, it is conveniently attached to the property to make parking in downtown a little less of a hassle. With such great package deals available, guests can utilize them for great cost savings.

Executive Assistant

Write a ReviewReviews (1,751)

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed 6 nights for a conference as well and was not happy. Facial tissue box left out to show it was empty and wasn't refilled. Requested a box from front desk and toilet tissue was delivered. Glass cups were not replaced. Paper coffee cups were not replaced. Requested refrigerator never showed up but it did appear on bill - they did remove the charges. On one occasion no one answered the phone at the front desk after 12+ rings.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank JoshuaU2

JoshuaU2 from Honolulu, Hawaii -

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TA. I am sorry to hear however that you were "Disappointed" with your recent stay. That is not how we want any guest of ours to leave our hotel, so please contact me to discuss your stay in further detail. I am, however, glad to see that you had wonderful experiences in our Bistro333 and at the Harley Museum nearby.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hotel is fine overall (yes the walls are thin as others mention), but the biggest problem is internet access. This was the worst I've ever experienced at a major hotel. When I was able to connect, which was rare, connection speeds were like a dial-up modem. It would take 2-3 minutes for a single page to load. There were many complaints from other guests I spoke to. On my last night, I finally went across the street to a nice Italian restaurant so I could sit at the bar and get some work done online.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank grahamc100

Grahamc100 from Bellevue, WA

Thank you so much for taking the time to place your review of our property on TA. I can understand the fustration caused by the internet outages and I assure you that we are currently working to resolve these issues. Our guests' needs are important to us, so we will rectify and then hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Thank goodness for fast elevators. The staff is really nice. I didn't get my breakfast that I ordered two days in a row - so I just ordered room service - a bit annoying, but in the real world, not enough to ruin my day. The Bistro 333 has good food and is a great quick place to stop and eat.

The Starbucks coffee in the café shop is a bit expensive, but I guess it's a hotel - probably should've expected it.

I had a GREAT view overlooking downtown into Riverfront - so, how could I complain.

Was happy that it connects directly to the conference center, made my life a lot easier.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces east for beautiful sunrise over the city!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

ChellCrist from Atlanta, GA

Thank you ChellCrist for your wonderful four-star review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay along with our Bistro333 food and let's not forget the ever-so-close Riverwalk. Great tip for our other travelers, by-the-way, about the East view rooms. You are absolutely right, our location is top-notch. It makes traveling to the events, conferences, and festivals within Milwaukee so much easier. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

When I stay at a Hyatt I expect a bit more for the price I pay. That being said the hotel lobby is very nice and the rooms are clean. The problem is that the rooms are a bit cramped and the walls are paper thin. I stayed here for my graduation this May, which is always an extremely busy time for hotels in the area, but I feel that the front desk clerks could have been friendly and more helpful instead of being rude and short with us. The room service team were exceptional, breakfast arrived very quickly anf the gentleman that delivered was chipper, which was incredible at 5:30 am, and congratulated me on my graduation. Overall this hotel needs to improve on a few things but it is still a good choice if you are looking to stay in downtown Milwaukee.

• Stayed: May 2014

Spacy87 from Ireland -

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property on TA. First and foremost--congratulations on your big accomplishment, Graduate. Secondly, we strive to offer the best service and products possible, so this review helps us to evaluate what we could improve. Finally, I hope you are still in the states and visiting us this upcoming weekend for the popular IrishFest, held annually. Hope to see you there.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights during a conference. My first night was not good at all. First problem: the walls are THIN. The room next to mine was apparently a suite and they were having quite a party that I could easily hear at 8pm. Thank goodness I had somewhere to be and when I got back around 10pm they were gone. However, I was awoken at 4am to people in the room on the other side “having relations”. Gross! I had to turn the TV on to drown out the noise. Second problem: when I was getting ready to go to bed I pulled back the blankets to find a blood stain right in the middle of the sheet. Gross! There is no possible way the maid wouldn’t have noticed it. I called the front desk to report it and they did offer to have housekeeping come up right then to change the bedding but frankly I was tired and annoyed so I just used the other bed (after inspecting it thoroughly!). The fridge froze my water so I had to figure out how to turn down the temp control (not easy; had to pull it out of the credenza and find it in the back). Thank goodness the rest of my stay was uneventful. The view from my room (17th floor) was pretty awesome and was the best part of the whole stay. I had no problem with the Internet connection. It was very convenient getting to/from the convention center as well as the River walk and many restaurants. Oh, the staff in the gift shop could have been a little friendlier. The only reason I think this room could cost so much is the brand name and the location, but the cleanliness and amenities and staff were certainly not up to par with the Hyatt name or the rate of the room. Pretty disappointing.

Room Tip: Ask to be up high and facing Lake Michigan - away from other guests if they aren't busy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed there for 6 nights, July 25-31/14 and have to say I was disappointed. The front desk staff were all very nice, but I had to call/visit them 3 times to get something picked up from the drawer that a previous guest had left behind. Obviously the rooms were being cleaned/checked very thoroughly. There was always something missing/not done every day. This is not the caliber of hotel I expect under the "Hyatt Regency" banner. I wouldn't stay there again, given a choice. The fact that I changed my reservation from another hotel to this one makes it worse.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business