“A few service touches bumped this from a 3 to a 4...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Regency Milwaukee

Hyatt Regency Milwaukee
Ranked #19 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Indianapolis, IN
“A few service touches bumped this from a 3 to a 4...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

I can say that I agree with many of the points noted in other reviews--terrible internet, food/restaurant service less than fantastic, etc. However, there are some service touches that were much appreciated and will not be forgotten. 2) In the middle of my stay, I was almost out of toothpaste. Even though I did not request more, after housekeeping cleaned my room it had been kindly replaced. 3) At least twice when I awaited in the lobby, a manager came to ask me if I could be helped. 3) I am a nursing mom and wasn't leaving until late afternoon after I checked out. I needed a place to keep my pumped breastmilk refrigerated. Late check out wasn't available because they were sold out, so they swiftly and adeptly held it for me. Furthermore, when I went to pick it up, they offered me an office to pump before I got on the road.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MilwaukeeHyatt, Executive Assistant at Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
GlocalTraveler from Indianapolis, IN -

Thank you kindly for the four-star review. We value your comments and experiences, and I will make sure to pass them along to our management and associates. I am glad that you were able to expereince a little of our Hyatt Milwaukee hospitality, with the custom service levels. Business traveling can be difficult as a parent, so it pleases us that we were able to accomodate and make your travels a little easier. With so much more to visit than just the Harley-Davidson Museum and Colectivo, we hope your return trip to MKE finds you staying with us again soon.

Executive Assistant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
De Pere, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

stayed 2 nights. room was clean and stocked well. we never asked for maid service nor used the wifi(phone is a hotspot and free). views were good however lots of spiderwebs on the non-opening windows. inside is a very unique layout and elevators were extremely fast. used valet parking for $27/day and service was very quick. restaurant is stupid-expensive for breakfast buffet and NOT worth it. bar was packed friday night and drinks were average priced. overall a decent hotel and would stay again if I was in the area but would not eat there..

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank pinksurfer69
Pinksurfer69 from De Pere, WI -

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and comments by reviewing our property on TA. We value your experiences and utilize them to improve our products and services. I will make sure to pass these comments along. Since you are only just a hop, skip, and a jump away--we hope you consider staying with us again.

Twin Lakes, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

WATCH OUT FOR THEIR PARKING $$$$
I booked room online. Pulled up to unload. I was given the option of parking my self for $25 per night or get the valet service for $27. I went valet but when I go to check in I was given a parking voucher for free parking. At this time, I was already committed and apparently their was nothing they could do at the front desk but say sorry. I didn't raise a stink but it kind of seemed like a shady money grab. So when you go, watch out for this! Better transparency would have been appreciated.
Room was adequate. Pricey for what you get and how small it was. Clean but filthy outer windows ruined a good view.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank corey s
Corey S from Twin Lakes, WI -

Thank you kindly Corey S, for taking the time to review our property on TA. I will make sure to pass these comments along to better accomodate your needs in the future. Although the parking structure is privately owned, it is conveniently attached to the property to make parking in downtown a little less of a hassle. With such great package deals available, guests can utilize them for great cost savings.

Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed 6 nights for a conference as well and was not happy. Facial tissue box left out to show it was empty and wasn't refilled. Requested a box from front desk and toilet tissue was delivered. Glass cups were not replaced. Paper coffee cups were not replaced. Requested refrigerator never showed up but it did appear on bill - they did remove the charges. On one occasion no one answered the phone at the front desk after 12+ rings.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
2 Thank JoshuaU2
JoshuaU2 from Honolulu, Hawaii -

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TA. I am sorry to hear however that you were "Disappointed" with your recent stay. That is not how we want any guest of ours to leave our hotel, so please contact me to discuss your stay in further detail. I am, however, glad to see that you had wonderful experiences in our Bistro333 and at the Harley Museum nearby.

Bellevue, WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hotel is fine overall (yes the walls are thin as others mention), but the biggest problem is internet access. This was the worst I've ever experienced at a major hotel. When I was able to connect, which was rare, connection speeds were like a dial-up modem. It would take 2-3 minutes for a single page to load. There were many complaints from other guests I spoke to. On my last night, I finally went across the street to a nice Italian restaurant so I could sit at the bar and get some work done online.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank grahamc100
Grahamc100 from Bellevue, WA

Thank you so much for taking the time to place your review of our property on TA. I can understand the fustration caused by the internet outages and I assure you that we are currently working to resolve these issues. Our guests' needs are important to us, so we will rectify and then hope to see you again soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Thank goodness for fast elevators. The staff is really nice. I didn't get my breakfast that I ordered two days in a row - so I just ordered room service - a bit annoying, but in the real world, not enough to ruin my day. The Bistro 333 has good food and is a great quick place to stop and eat.

The Starbucks coffee in the café shop is a bit expensive, but I guess it's a hotel - probably should've expected it.

I had a GREAT view overlooking downtown into Riverfront - so, how could I complain.

Was happy that it connects directly to the conference center, made my life a lot easier.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces east for beautiful sunrise over the city!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
ChellCrist from Atlanta, GA

Thank you ChellCrist for your wonderful four-star review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay along with our Bistro333 food and let's not forget the ever-so-close Riverwalk. Great tip for our other travelers, by-the-way, about the East view rooms. You are absolutely right, our location is top-notch. It makes traveling to the events, conferences, and festivals within Milwaukee so much easier. We hope to see you again soon.

Cork, Ireland, Europe
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

When I stay at a Hyatt I expect a bit more for the price I pay. That being said the hotel lobby is very nice and the rooms are clean. The problem is that the rooms are a bit cramped and the walls are paper thin. I stayed here for my graduation this May, which is always an extremely busy time for hotels in the area, but I feel that the front desk clerks could have been friendly and more helpful instead of being rude and short with us. The room service team were exceptional, breakfast arrived very quickly anf the gentleman that delivered was chipper, which was incredible at 5:30 am, and congratulated me on my graduation. Overall this hotel needs to improve on a few things but it is still a good choice if you are looking to stay in downtown Milwaukee.

• Stayed May 2014
      Location
Spacy87 from Ireland -

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property on TA. First and foremost--congratulations on your big accomplishment, Graduate. Secondly, we strive to offer the best service and products possible, so this review helps us to evaluate what we could improve. Finally, I hope you are still in the states and visiting us this upcoming weekend for the popular IrishFest, held annually. Hope to see you there.