Hyatt Regency Milwaukee
  • Room Service
US$165
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
The Iron Horse Hotel(Milwaukee)
US$229
US$197
Travelocity
  • Pool
1,815 results
All reviewsopen atriumbradley centervalet parkingbucks gamebreakfast buffetself parkfront desk staffold worldking beddowntown hotelbars and restaurantsthe river walkvalet servicenice staybusiness centerbeds were comfortableconference
Reviewed 16 October 2010

We booked this reservation through Hotwire and got a $79.00 rate (Hotwire said it was a 4 star). Upon arrival we wanted to just take our bags upstairs on our own. After much discussion with the bellman he told us that was not allowed.

The hotel common areas did not smell clean and there was no decor in what would be the beautiful open area from floor 1 to the 18th floor . The room , however, was very nice and I asked for a good view and they put us on the 17th floor with a beautiful view of the city (facing east)

When checking on the parking we were quoted $20 a day for self parking and $23 for valet parking. We went for valet parking assuming that they would park the car in the parking garage attached to the hotel and it would be on the premises so we felt it was safer. We were going out for the evening and our destination was so close we walked. As we passed by an outside parking lot we noticed there was a car just like ours in the lot. Upon closer inspection it WAS our car sitting in the rain.

I know it was an assumption on our part that the car would stay on the property but as I asked them more questions it was very unclear where the car would be parked. I've always assumed that valet parking was on the property but I will ask from now on.

It turns out that even though this lot is outside, it is staffed all night so we felt better about that. Bottom line is that we told them that we wanted to park our own car so they brought it back and we drove it back to the same lot for $12 for 24 hours. So... if you stay anywhere near the Grand Avenue Mall this lot on the corner of 3rd and Wells is a great deal at $12 for 24 hours.

If you like coffee in your room take into consideration that they have a pot that brews one cup (they give you coffee for 2 cups) The breakfast buffet was $17 per person. It looked quite good but we opted for the George Web across the street and had a wonderful breakfast for about $4-7 each. There are also Italian and 2 Thai restaurants across the street and an Applebys and Subway just 2 short blocks away.

Overall the room was good for $79 but I would have been pretty upset if I would have paid the rate they charge on the web site ($159)

Next time I try hotwire for Milwaukee I'll try the 3 or 3 1/2 star.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2010

Had several occasions to stay in downtown Milwaukee over the course of the summer. The Hyatt proved to be a great place for the comfort and quiet of the rooms. I was afraid the atrium-style design of this hotel would make it noisy, but those fears were entirely unfounded.

Bed is very comfortable, and I love the pillows. I need to replace some pillows at home and may end up ordering some through the Hyattathome website, as they are less expensive than similar pillows at Macy's.

Two criticisms: the room needs a mini-fridge. And they need to provide more than a single serving of regular coffee for the in-room coffeemaker. Each time we stayed here, there was one pod of regular and one pod of decaf. Neither my husband nor I want to wake up to decaf in the a.m. When I asked the front desk for more, however, they very quickly brought some up. I just can't believe they don't provide two pods right from the start!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2010

We arrived late at night without a reservation and the staff made us feel right at home, offering us free drink coupons and a room on the concierge level. The breakfast on that level was really good and it was a fantastic place to hang out.

The public places on the main floor were pretty loud due to some groups attending, but also the acoustics are challenging with the large atrium. The decorating is trying to be European - modern, I think, and it was okay, but felt weird with the 80's atrium

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2010

We went to Milwaukee on little getaway from Chicago. The assistant manager was very accommodating and made appropriate suggestion to make our trip pleasurable. I would truly recommend this establishment for anyone visiting the Milwaukee area you wont be disappointed. The design of the hotel and the view from our room was magnificent. A must stay

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2010

I came to the hotel for my 21st bday. It was more of an intimate celebration as it was just my boyfriend and I. He was already familiar with Milwaukee because he attended college at Marquette University (in the immediate vicinity of the hotel), so I had an up there; he knew all the good places :)

When we first checked in it was maybe a little after 1am. My boyfriend and traveled up to the 14th (I forgot exactly what floor) to keep on trying to open the room with the keycard only to have it keep blinking red or yellow. My boyfriend went down to see if the keycards we had were faulty. No luck again. Until someone popped out of the room with tired eyes saying "Hey guys, we're trying to sleep". Imagine the look of embarrassment on our faces :) They gave us the wrong room and we disturbed another couple's rest. We waiting on our floor (we called from the hallway phone) for the new room assignment and keycards. It took about 15 minutes but she came back up with the new room assignment and a genuinely apologetic demeanor. We were compensated with two coupons with free breakfast buffets. Honestly, we wanted a pricecut from our room; we were quite irritated but I couldn't stay mad and I understand mistakes happen. It was worth it :) (Go to 333 btw, the breakfast buffet was so delicious and Brendan is the best waiter)

So, cutting to the chase... :)

The room was quite amazing. For a hotel standard like Hyatt, they really deliver with the quality of the rooms. The design was fresh and modern, everything was clean. My boyfriend and I got the king size bed. It was comfortable, although after checking out my back was a bit sore because I like softer beds---it was a bit too firm for me. The view was amazing. We had a nice, long and rectangular window overlooking downtown Milwaukee :) It was nice to come back to after a long day. They provide a plasma TV with basic kind of channels. There is no fridge or microwave (I wish more hotels would have at least a fridge). The bathroom was beautifully designed.

In terms of outside the room, the layout of the entire hotel is pretty interesting and eclectic, architecturally. The entire inside facade is exposed as the centerpoint is just a big open drop space. For those who don't like heights, I give you fair warning haha :) The elevators are glass so you can see out it as you go up and down which is cool. There is a lovely lounge area with plush seating, large tvs, and a bar adjacent.

We had a rental car but, my boyfriend being a Milwaukee/Marquette veteran we walked to a lot of nice places around. For instance there are bar and restaurant districts that are a walk away, some a little farther for those more ambitious. In terms of malls, I would steer clear from the mall on Grand; it's an abandoned mall, with no real interesting shopping experiences. Go to Mayfair, much more bustle and good buys :)

I like to stay away from hotels that I see as just a rest stop/pit stop. I'd rather not stay at an average hotel just because there are no other options. Hotels that I feel comfortable to stay after a long night and just simply enjoy staying in are ones I love; the ones that go the extra mile and the ones that have a great design and ambiance. This is an above average hotel that I would love to stay in again and again :D Thank you for a wonderful 21st!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple