“Don't Recommend this Hotel to anyone”

Hyatt Regency Milwaukee
Ranked #20 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 2 February 2011

When we got to the hotel we found out we had to pay an additional $20 to park. The clerk wasn't sure of info about shuttle service. Toilet not working when checking into room. Alarm clock/radio not working properly. Booked 2 rooms and when checking additional credit card info was given for the other room, with system down, they had to hand write and they lost additional info so charged us for 2 rooms. When reporting this the manager was very unprofessional and wouldn't credit us and we had to get the money from the other people. The restaurant/bar has very high!!!! prices. Very, Very upset and don't recommend this hotel to anyone!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jmueller17
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Milwaukee

Reviewed 11 January 2011

All the normal things you would expect in 3 or 4 star hotel were in place. What made this Hyatt stand out was the attitude and level of service of the staff. An "hello", "good morning", a smile, "can I be of help", was displayed by every staff member. I can't recall having been made more comfortable in other hotels where we have stayed, including many 5-star hotels. Congratulations to management and all concerned!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank istanbul35
Reviewed 30 December 2010

I've stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Chicago and that was a much better hotel. I was very disappointed with the Hyatt in Milwaukee. First, the good things about the hotel in Milwaukee. The location was nice...within walking distance to the Public Museum and several restaurants. The staff was friendly. Room had nice pillows and very large screen TV. The bad things: The room was stuffy and seemed poorly ventilated. My boyfriend noticed a musty smell and after showering in the morning, the windows steamed up and were still like that when we checked out an hour later. We also had a room near the elevators and could hear them all night long. The hotel was by all means not full, so I think it is poor choice of the staff to place us near the elevators. Even though we thought we were getting a good deal on Priceline, we didn't expect to have to pay for parking in Milwaukee. We could be naive in that aspect, since this was my first stay there. Parking was $20 for the night. Another way they get your money, is to charge $3 for every 10 minutes of internet use in the business center. At Hiltons and Doubletrees I have stayed at, internet was free. For the price we got on Priceline, this hotel was acceptable, but if we paid full price, this hotel would have been a very poor choice.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2010

Nice hotel. Unexpected for the location. Outside is gray and average. Inside was warm and updated. Nice conference facilities. Very nice fitness center.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2010

The Hyatt Regency in downtown Milwaukee has many positive qualities. Past experiences at this same Hyatt lead me to believe that this location, while improving in some areas, lead me to think that there is some training needed in the area of hospitality.

First the positives: The room we stayed in was very clean. Nothing was left out of order. The TV is rather new, and of very good quality. The bathroom, bed, desk...everything was spottless and comfortable. The bed was of great quality and was probably new, along with the bed spread and pillows. For those aspects, in my opinion, the Hyatt is definitely a four star hotel. Don't let my negative comments that follow stop you from staying here.

Now for the negatives: Any traveler who has stayed at a major hotel chain knows that a hotel earns serious revenue by hosting wedding banquets, seminars, etc....especially on weekends. This Hyatt is no exception. We all know that those events produce a lot of noise. Many hotels have adopted the 11:00 PM rule of thumb so that the party ends and guests can sleep. During our last stay people were allowed to party after hours in the bar and lobby. Now that's not a problem if people stay in the bar. The lobby, howerver, is more of an open area lounge and the rooms are situated directly above it. From over 10 stories up we could hear them loud and clear. We called at 11:30 PM to inform the front desk of the noise, to which we were told, "The bar closes at 2:00 AM". We called again at 12:30 AM, to which we were told, "The noise isn't that bad down here". When the comfort of your guests is in being affected by people who want to party, those guests trying to sleep at night need to be given priority. If guests want to be loud and party, that is there choice, but go to a bar some place else and do it. That's what bars are for. At night, however, hotels are for sleeping. The Hyatt Regency in Milwaukee seems to have forgotten that.

Another positive: We did tell the front desk about the incident in the morning, and they responded by discounting our room charge. I told them that I was not looking for compensation, but they insisted. The gentleman who assisted us took note of what happened and did apologize for the inconvenience.

My wife and I have stayed at this Hyatt a handfull of times in our 8 years together and in the past we have had great experiences. I hope that the next time we stay here that we will not experience the same issue. I would still recommend this hotel to friend even in light of what happened this last time.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2010

My husband and I came to Milwaukee for an over-night getaway and we couldn't be more dissapointed in our room. We initially had a room on the eighth floor, which had a strong moldy-mildew smell. We called and complained, and were then transferred to a room on the 18th floor, which had the same musty smell. I have allergies, but my husband doesn't, and we both were bothered by the odor. We've stayed at other Hyatts, and I don't feel that our stay at this hotel compared to the usual wonderful experience of staying at a Hyatt. We were surprised and dissapointed, and would definitely not stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank suki1724
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Hyatt did a great job with their renovations. Clean, good service, staff is responsive, awesome location. Pick for downtown hotels that aren't $$$$.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends