“Great location - nice employees”

Hyatt Place Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #10 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Close to airport and near enough to downtown and Lake Michigan. Big comfy room with extra seating area and good size bathroom. Includes breakfast which was better than most hotel breakfasts. Had a bar as well!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4 the floor (top floor)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This Hyatt is the best. The beds are very comfortable to sleep in. The breakfast is awesome. The staff is very friendly. I love the fact they have a place where you can order hot food at any hour and they have a bar to sit and order a drink and eat.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank DianaK1
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Staying at the Hyatt a few weeks ago is still affecting my mood negatively. My first impression of the place was set on a bad note from the moment we arrived and are told that the card reader to access our rooms, pool, outdoor sitting area was broken. We would be to be let into our room each time by someone at the front desk. One of the main reasons I,booked this hotel was to swim in the pool. The lady at the front desk was too busy to be bothered so I stopped trying to go. Granted, I didn't make a fuss about it at the time bc it wasn't her fault that people were checking in and the phone was ringing off of the hook. What it's bothering me today It's that I asked someone at the front desk if they could put something in the mail for me. Without hesitation, she agreed. Shame on me for expecting this easy task to be carried out. Nearly 3 weeks later this person still hasn't received her birthday gift. It's quite a coinsedence that the only time I have something "lost in the mail" is the time I'm not the one putting it in the mailbox. I hope whoever stole that gift is enjoying it... From the understaffed front desk, to the malfunctioning keys, and person who is either incompetent our dishonest, I am completely disappointed.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Sara b
Anthony S, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We always appreciate hearing from our guests regarding their experience at our hotel.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced with the key encoder malfunction during your stay at our hotel. Our staff was working feverishly with technical support to get the unit back online and we have since replaced the encoder altogether.

I am also very sorry to hear that a gift that we assumed responsibility for was not delivered to your friend on her birthday. Please contact me at the hotel directly so I can get some additional information on what transpired.

I sincerely hope you will give us a second chance in the near future.

Best Regards

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I arrived late into MKE and called the shuttle for the Hyatt Place, which is literally at the entrance to the airport. Even though it was about 12:30 am, the shuttle arrived in less than 5 minutes. The hotel was clean, neat and had extremely friendly staff. You can get a select number of items prepared at the bar and available for you to take to your room 24/7. They also have a bar with beer, wine and cocktails that opens each evening. The rooms are large with a sitting room that has a large sofa, desk, etc. The bed was comfortable and I enjoyed watching the comings and goings of the airport. Despite being right at the airport, the room is quiet. I heard airplanes maybe twice in the two nights I spent at the hotel.

One interesting thing - by no fault of the hotel, the electricity went off at a few minutes after 3 am the first night I was there. I woke up and realized the room was very quiet. My lights wouldn't turn on, so I looked out the window and realized all the lights were out across the airport. (I discovered the next day that more than 3,000 people were without electricity.) Despite this, the hotel hallways were very well lit from the emergency lighting. I stayed in my room, went back to sleep and it was fine when I woke the next morning, but it was definitely a comfort to know that even in a power loss, the hotel was secure and well lit.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for business travelers, especially with the FREE wifi, but it is also great for families. There are ample tables downstairs for eating and there is a complimentary breakfast each morning.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on one of the upper floors to ensure it's quiet. A view over the airport...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Slaniergraham
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt on our way back to Arizona as we are Hyatt Members and actually got this room for free. Very comfortable,and clean as most Hyatts are and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Very close to airport without the airport noise.

Room Tip: Not sure, we stayed on the third floor - there arent too many floors in this hotel and our room as g...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed here as we were passing through Milwaukee. The location was very convenient, easy to get to from the freeway. The landscaping and flowers were beautiful as you walked up to the entrance. Nice young man that checked us in. No problems with the room. I'm actually giving this a 5 as it was so nice to see the pretty landscaping going into the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank P-TDI
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This airport is right across the road from MKE airport so super-convenient if that's what you need. It is so well sound-proofed that you hear very little outside noise.

Grounds and building are very well maintained. It was in a nice area where I felt safe. I didn't see anything that was messy or out of order and the staff was extremely friendly. The lobby is very homey and they offer a kitchenette & seating area that's always open, along with free Wi-Fi (no password), an area to access the internet/print boarding passes, a bar/coffee area that serves Starbucks beverages, and what they call the "gallery" which is essentially food service. There's a display case that's available 24/7 that carries salads, light snacks, beverages, etc. In addition, you can call for "gallery service" instead of room service--same thing except you have to go down to the front desk to get your order. The food we ordered was quite good, although overpriced--$26 for an order of nacho chips w/ queso, a bowl of chili, and a bacon cheeseburger with fruit. No drinks or dessert. However, considering I could eat my supper in my sweats in my room in front of the TV after a lonnnnnng day of driving instead of getting dressed and trying to find my way around a strange city, was worth it.

The room was extremely clean and well-maintained. Super clean white linens with a lot of little amenities like fridge, 42" HD TV, hair dryer, blackout shades all made for a very enjoyable stay! My only complaint, and it's only my opinion, were the pillows. Very fluffy but I'm used to memory foam, so I had a hard time getting comfortable.

The free breakfast is wonderful. They have the kitchenette area filled with choices; your typical cold cereal, muffins and bagels to pancakes and these hot egg-sandwich type things which were yummy. Starbucks coffee, tea, OJ, etc. Definitely more than I expected when I saw there was a "free breakfast" :D

We didn't get a chance to try out the pool or fitness center, but I would assume they were equally nice. I don't get to Milwaukee very often but I would definitely stay here again. Very nice!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family