“Negligent Hotel”
Review of Park East Hotel

Ranked #43 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
“Negligent Hotel”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My experience with this hotel is two-fold. I've had close friends who stayed at this hotel who not only complained about the dirty hotel rooms, but also had their car damaged by dripping lye in their parking garage. This particular incident happened a year ago, and with my recent experience with them, all they have done to rectify this issue was put up a tarp in the garage.

This past weekend I've had my laptop bag containing very personal work items worth over 2k stolen from this hotel. Unlike every other hotel door I've ever encountered, this particular hotel room door did not shut all the way. When I complained about the theft initially and the broken door, the desk receptionist merely said that they have a couple of doors like that and we should have just pulled them completely closed.

In addition to this, the hotel room was dirty. There was a stain on the bed, someone else's deodorant on the floor and the bathroom is tiny.

I've tried contacting their manager about said theft numerous times, but it has gotten to the point where I suspect he is avoiding my calls.

The only good thing about this hotel is the location, but if you're looking to stay at this hotel and want my opinion, stay clear of this place.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. If you have to stay at this awful hotel, make sure you close your door all the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Meaghan A
Lisa G, General Manager at Park East Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hello

Thank you for your comments!
I am very sorry that you had encountered a horriable stay with us, I am very sorry to hear this. All our doors do close tight but sometimes with the humidity it stick in which you should make sure all doors are closed completely, If you things were stolen I hope you filled out a incident report and a police report.. We have never had anything stolen from rooms before. The Parking ramp is getting repaired that is why we have the tarps on we just could not do anything when the hotel is full of guest so we keep working on it while the hotel is slow.. Reagrding the housekeeping issues, If I would of know about these issues I would of fixed the issues immediatly....

Once again I am very sorry anout the encounters that you had and hope you will try our hotel again in the furture...

Park East Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
GREEN BAY
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Located right on the edge of downtown in walking distance of most major downtown attractions. Rooms are fine, but the bathroom and common areas show their age. The front counter staff was friendly and helpful. Free breakfast. It does have on site parking for $10 but it was full. Got on Hotwire for $57 (72 with tax) with Summerfest and Brewers in town wasn't bad.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello

I appreciate your comments!!
Thank you for choosing us for your stay in June 2014.

Our Hotel does Strive to do the best that we can and with your comments it helps us make the changes that are neccssary.

Once again thank you for your comments and hope to extend our hospitality to you again in the near furure.

Seattle
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Location is a block from Lake Michigan, close to the War Memorial and the Art Museum, on the edge of downtown. Staff was friendly but not particularly knowledgable. Older facility with rooms that show their age. For example, mine only had the wall brackets for the towel rack but not the rack itself. Repair work had been done to the heating unit but there was a hole in the wall at the base of the unit that was never repaired/covered/closed. The room smelled musty and mildewy. Rust from heating/airconditioning units has stained/damaged the exterior. Adequate for a night or two due to its location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments!!!

I am very sorry for the items that was in your room that needed to be fixed and all other bad encounters that you had with your stay. We do strive to do the best that we can....

We are doing some changes and renovations this fall.

We hope to extend to you once again our hospitality in the near furture..

Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed here 5 nights for a convention. Since we received special rates, I don't really know what they normally charge. It is an older building, going through renovations. No pool, and the restaurant was currently closed. They did have an exercise room, although I didn't use it. The rooms were smaller, but adequate. The management was very helpful, as well as all the staff. If you can ask for a room on the fifth floor, the view to the lake is beautiful when it's not foggy. Also, they have an area on the penthouse where you can sit and see the view, take pictures, or bring up a beer from the lounge. It was impressively quiet at night.

Room Tip: Floor 5 for the view of the lake.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lynette a
Thank you for your comments!! I really appreciate it!

I hope to extend to you again our hospitality in the near future.

We are completeing some renovations this fall!!!

Thank you again for your comments!!!

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel looks bad on the outside, but its a quality hotel for the price you pay. You can easily walk downtown or the Riverwalk, and there is transportation that passes right beside the hotel. The only down side was the hotel bar was never open.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank demolitionrob
Hello

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate it and want to say thank you!

We are doing more renovations this Fall and hope to extend to you our hospitality once again in the near future...

Le Sueur, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was checking reviews for this hotel before I booked it. It seemed about average. I decided that I would just go for. The only real positive thing I have to say is that the girl working the night shift when I checked-in was very energetic for being 11:30 at night. That is something every hotel should have.
1. The hotel was really hard to find. I had my GPS on and with all the construction going on in the area we had to turn around a couple of times. Then the address they have is the address to the bar in the front of the hotel. We circled the block a couple of times before we saw the little sign that said "Park East Hotel"
2. I didn't know that after I booked the hotel that I would have to pay for parking. I hope they use that money that they collect for parking goes for fixing their little lot. They had a sign posted that advised you not to park on the bottom of the ramp because it was leaking.
3. Finally got to our room and the keys didn't want to work. Had to try both keys like 5-6 times before it finally worked (this was the same for both the rooms we had).
4. Got the door opened and the room stunk like stale smoke. If you are going to change your hotel over from a smoking to a nonsmoking you are probably going to need to either repaint or replace the sheetrock to get that smell out.
5. You can not sit on the toilet and have someone else need to open the door. The door actually touched the toilet. It was like a closet.
6. The water was really hard. In the other room we had, they had brown water. That was the worst shower I have had since I lived in an old farmhouse in the middle of no where.
7. The breakfast was less than desirable. The omelets and the sausages were cold (glad they had microwave to warm them up), the hard boiled eggs were frozen, and being that I am gluten-free the fruit selection wasn't there.

If you are looking for "cheaper" and don't mind all of that, then this is a pretty decent hotel. Otherwise, I recommend finding somewhere else in the area (not downtown) for the $86 dollars + taxes + parking + other fees.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Katie E
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. It helps us better serve our guest in the future.

I am very happy that our front desk was nice , We enroll all of them into a customer service training to give the best service they can. We changed over in January 2014 to the Park East Hotel with new management and we are aware of lots of changes that need to be done yet. One by one we are completed renovations.

At this time we are getting a new key system installed which we are very excited about, and this Fall we are doing our Parking lot which will eliminate 2 big issues that we have encountered.

I am sorry about the problems that you did encounter during your stay and if I would of known I could of taken care of this issue right away. I am very sorry!!

I would like to thank you for your comments it does helps us build a better a hotel for the future.

Hope to extend to you once again our hospitality!!

Thank you!
Park East Hotel

Travellers are raving about these Milwaukee hotels

Maine
Reviewed 2 June 2014

As others have said before. This hotel is pretty dated, but the location and price couldn't be beat. The beds were actually super comfy too, and I was impressed with the (free) breakfast selection. The staff was nice and I would definitely recommend if you're looking for a cheap, no frills hotel in downtown Milwaukee.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank summerrhi
Thank you for taking the time to comments on your recent stay with us.

This helps us better serve our guest in the future and I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to do the best that we can with a great management team....

Please let me make your stay more enjoyable on your next stay with us in the near future.
Once again thank you for your comments!