“Cork & Clever” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #40 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Cork & Clever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Okay so I am staying in this Hotel and they have a Great Restaurant and Bar which was amazing my Bartender was Kasey she was outstanding this is the kind of Bartender you want always and I got to meet the Chef Dennis he made the most Amazing " RUBEN " get there and try it thanks to these two they made my stay Excellent !!!!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Sharon R, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great comment on our restaurant and
lounge. I will share your comments with the employees. We are not the typical Hotel
restaurant. You should try our Holiday Brunches. They are great. The next one is
Thanksgiving.. Spend a weekend at the Clarion Hotel. We have great rooms
and a friendly Front Desk staff.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

This hotel is literally across the street from the airport and right next to the I94 on ramp. The service is great. The room was very spacious, but smelled a hair musty. Got free drink coupons with dinner in the restaurant. Dinner was very good. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sharon R, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. With our remodeling going on, we can only get better.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

The Clarion Hotel Airport on S. Howell Ave. is by far the closest hotel to Milwaukee's Mitchell Int'l. Airport; it's within walking distance and one could walk the few blocks if only there were sidewalks to walk on~! But the Clarion runs a free shuttle van to and from the airport, so there's no problem getting there and back. It's a decent, basic business class hotel with good wi-fi (I didn't use the business center); and it was good to have a refrigerator in the room (which I used) as well as a microwave oven (which I didn't). The only problem in my room was that the heater was so loud that it was hard to sleep with it on, so I had to turn it off in order to fall asleep. The nice thing is that the windows in my room opened and had screens on them, and had it been warmer weather, I'm sure I would have opened them. I can't really comment on the complimentary breakfast, having come down too late to really take advantage of it, but it looked very basic, though the muffin I had was quite good. There would be no reason to stay here except for its close proximity to the airport, but if you need to be close to Mitchell International, this is a good bet. On the other hand, if you want to see the city and you don't have a car, stay downtown, because taxicab fares downtown could run you $30 or more each way. I was staying here for an event -- my high school reunion -- which was held in the big ballroom downstairs, which was a standard facility for such events; the food was decent if unremarkable. Other than the loud heater, a decent place to spend a night or two.

Room Tip: None of the rooms have views of anything interesting, but you're better off with a room on an up...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel using Priceline for a business trip. It was not cheap, in fact I paid $20 more than I normally do when staying at the Sheraton in Brookfield. When checking in I requested a room close to an entrance. The front desk went to great lengths to inform me (THREE TIMES) that "because of your room price level" this is the best we can do. I then had to walk about a mile to get to my room. It appeared that they went out of their way to punish me for using Priceline. As if they WOULD have gotten me a room closer to an entrance if I had paid a higher rate. Here's a tip for you, hotel people: I try out hotels for the first time using Priceline. If I get great service and it's a great hotel I will specifically re-book directly with the hotel for future trips. But if it's not good I don't return. The room I had was recently remodeled and comfortable. If it were not for the attitude of the staff I would return. As it is, I won't. A simple request of getting a room that I didn't half to walk a mile to get to should have been simple to provide. The room I received was about as far away as possible. If you are going to do that to people, DONT tell them three times that it's because they used Priceline. I didn't save that much money to justify such a snooty attitude.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Northern VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

The Clarion airport hotel is an older property, with some updated rooms. I was lucky to have one of the updated rooms, and overall had a good night's rest for a two night stay (with just some noisy people returning from a wedding held at the property). The price was good, using Bill Shatner's favorite web site, but I would not have wanted to pay regular price.

the room upgrades were nice, but the hotel needs more than just the upgrades to some rooms. For example, the upgraded room had nice fixtures in the bathroom, a nice TV, desk, etc. Yet the HVAC system appeared to be from the 1960's. A window AC unit permanently installed in the wall, with baseboard heating. I am glad I didn't stay in the summer with that AC unit, which was not up to a Clarion standard, something you would expect in a smaller motel.

B'fast was coffee/tea and donuts, plus some fruit. One morning the donuts were joined by some muffins. Looked like they ran to Dunkin Donuts. If you just need something close to the airport, there are other options, but this is OK.

Room Tip: ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
mikojm, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear Ndalum,
Thank You for staying with us on your recent visit to Milwaukee. We are in the middle of remodeling rooms and our halls start next week. On your next trip to Milwaukee I am hopeful you will be able to try our Restaurant for breakfast if you are looking for something more than our pastries, juice and coffee in the morning.

Tempe, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Our flight was cancelled last minute and we were put up by UA at the Clarion Hotel. The staff was extremely accommodating and understanding of our predicament. We had a room on the first floor, which I am NOT a fan of, but we couldn't hear anything but ourselves once we closed our door. The room was a bit small, but not as small as some 2Q rooms I've stayed in. The biggest complaint I had was that our room smelled. There was a damp underlying smell when we walked in our door--it was the smell of dirty socks. It didn't go away when we turned on our fan and assailed us every time we walked into our room. I wish I could say it was our dirty laundry from a 6 day trip, but I know it wasn't. Other than that, the hotel was fine!

Room Tip: Plan on getting something at the airport....they only offer coffee, juice and donuts.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Hannahbears_mom
mikojm, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Hannabears-Mom,
Thank You for staying with us on your short delay in Milwaukee. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping staff to reach our goal of 100% guest satisfaction. We are in process of remodeling rooms and our public areas to also keep our guest satisfaction towards the 100% goal. Next time you are in town I hope you will have a chance to try our Restaurant for Breakfast, lunch or Dinner.

West Allis, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

We recently held our wedding here and could not have asked for a more perfect venue. I had a picture in my mind of what I wanted and Rindy helped make every detail come true! If anything went wrong... I had no idea. We had the night of our lives and will absolutely make sure we tell everyone that if they're trying to pick a venue to look at the Clarion. 5 star service from start to finish! Everything was AMAZING!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sharon R, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
I am happy that we made it possible for you to have the PERFECT wedding.