“Big Mistake”

Ranked #51 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Des Plaines, Illinois
“Big Mistake”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Needed a hotel for one night while in town for a Brewers game/business trip. Read a lot of reviews saying the hotel was dirty and out dated but saw some that is was being updated (including some from managers) so I figured I would go for it as the location was perfect. Wish I would have opted for a different hotel. The elevators shook and were very scary looking. In the room the carpet and bed were clean and appeared new but the rest of the furniture looked to be about 35 years old and there were disgusting stains on the chairs. There was globs of plaster on the door and the light switches were old and dirty. The wall lights didn't work, the toilet didn't flush right and when I showered I had to turn the water off because there was 6" of standing water in the tub. When I reported this in the morning at check out the clerk asked me if I moved the furniture to see if the lights were plugged in. The pictures on the website are not accurate of the room I stayed in.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
RamadaCityCentre, Manager at Ramada Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for your review about your recent visit. We obviously were not our usual effectiveness in presenting you with the quality and cleanliness you deserve. Upon check-out, as soon as you reported the issues you found in your room, we shared these with our housekeeping and maintenance staff. We discussed each issue with a view of correcting them and maintaining our cleanliness and appearance in every facet of our hotel. I can assure you these issues have been addressed. We are committed and determined to offer our guests the highest standards possible. I’m sorry your stay was less than acceptable, but please understand that your comments have inspired us, and we have taken great steps to prevent any of these issues from ever happening again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Korean first
Antigo, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Over all this was a very good stay the only complaint was that we didn't have any TV reception when we arrived and when we reported the problem it was fixed but the picture was very fuzzy.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Gary C
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My stay at the Ramada was very pleasant. The staff made me feel very welcome and always greeted me with a good morning or good evening. One staff member went out of his way to call and check on the delay of the shuttle for me. I always stay at the Ramada downtown when I'm in Milwaukee - Very convenient and have never had a problem.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Rush City, Minnesota
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I recently stayed at the Ramada Milwaukee. I'll be honest. I picked the Ramada because I was looking for a cost-effective place to stay for a non-reimbursable trip. The Ramada was great! The room was clean and very comfortable. It had all of the amenities I needed to set up shop and prepare for my presentation at Marquette University Law School. I could see the law school from my window! I felt like I had the place to myself. The staff was very polite and helpful. I couldn't have asked for more for my brief stay in Milwaukee!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TerrieWheeler
RamadaCityCentre, Manager at Ramada Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review. We have many guests staying with us from Marquette University, and many rave about our value, location, and cleanliness. We're happy you enjoyed your visit.