“Good stay at a convenient & affordable Super 8”

Super 8 Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #47 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were attending a music festival in Cudahy and decided to stay nearby rather than make the hour drive each day and night. The staff were all courteous & helpful. The room was clean, and everything worked. Parking was ample. The breakfast was a bit better than some continental breakfasts, with the inclusion of boiled eggs, and a waffle maker for fresh waffles. Despite the proximity to the airport (immediately beside it), we heard no planes at all while at the hotel. A great stay...an economy hotel delivering non-economy service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
RLLMil, General Manager at Super 8 Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Our many thanks for your review of the Super 8 Milwaukee Airport hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your time at our hotel. Our deluxe continental breakfast starts early at 5am, and closes at 10am. We offer hot, Belgian waffles, hard boiled eggs, cereals, fruit, yogurts, oatmeals, cinnamon rolls and a toast bar. Beverages include coffee, teas, hot chocolate, milk and juices. Breakfast is free with your stay.
Thank you for your business, we look forward to your next visit.
R.Liberacki, GM

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Needed to book a room in the MKE/ Cudahy area in a hurry and an "executive" (read larger, higher priced) room at this Super 8 was my only option. I was a little leery of the Super 8 brand but this one was above average as well as very convenient to the airport and surrounding area.

Positive: The "executive" room is larger than the regular room and apart from bed and bath, also has a separate sitting area with couch in addition to armchair, as well as a work desk. The room itself and some of the fixtures (tub and toilet) looked old but the room was nicely decorated (art, decorative bedspread, etc.) and the sink, mirror, microwave and fridge all looked new and nice. A/C was provided by an older looking window type unit but it ran like a champ and really cooled the room. The shower had good water pressure. Free Wi-Fi also worked very well. There is a free breakfast consisting mostly of cold cereal, juice and waffles but that was enough to get me going in the morning.

Negative: Chest of drawers had one drawer that would not stay shut and just drifted open by itself once in a while even though I had nothing in the drawer. A coffee table in front of the couch would have been helpful since when you sit and relax on a couch it would be nice to have someplace to put your coffee cup, laptop, magazine etc. other than the floor or the tiny end tables (one of which was also the nightstand for the bed so had the clock and lamp and phone already on it). I'm not a fan of having carpeting in the sink area - should be tile because carpeting always gets wet and gross from the sink. When flushing the toilet, it was necessary to hold the handle down for about 10 seconds or it would not fully flush. Only 2 towel sets were provided and they were definitely "budget quality" tiny towels.

Housekeeping - day 1, I was out from 10:30 am to 4:30 pm and when I returned noticed that no housekeeping had been done. I mentioned this to the housekeeping staff (when I went to ask them for two fresh towels since I was completely out) who said my room wasn't on their assigned list, the housekeeping manager who said I was on someone's list but apparently was missed, and (next day) the front desk who asked if I had a "Do not disturb" sign up (the answer is no and even if I had I would have expected a phone message asking if I wanted housekeeping). The housekeeping manager did offer to send someone to do housekeeping but I said no as it was already after 5 pm and I needed to get ready for an event that night.

Day 2 - housekeeping did come on this day and got everything in proper order.

Note that other than breakfast there is no restaurant at this hotel and they direct you to the Best Western down the street. There are other restaurants on the same street like Denny's, the Final Approach, and Subway, and also a 24 hour McDonalds, Burger King and Dunkin Donuts just around the corner on E Layton. All these restaurants are a short drive by car but a significant to long walk if you are walking. The hotel said they offer a shuttle to take you to the restaurants (as well as to/from the airport) but I did not use it so I don't know how often it comes or if it only runs certain hours. Judging by the very full parking lot, I'd say most of the people staying here have cars.

Overall if I had gotten this room at a discount rate like 100 dollars or less it probably would have been a 4 star but since I booked last minute and paid considerably more per night it rates a 3, even though it is better than average for the Super 8 brand. I would consider staying again but probably only in a lower priced room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for informative review of out hotel. We appreciate your feedback. I do apologize that housekeeping was running behind that day. We value your business and hope to see you again. Thank you. R. Liberacki, GM

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Nice hotel very close to the airport entrance but away from the flight paths so there is very little noise. Clean, comfortable lobby and eating area with a computer to use. Room was clean and everything worked well, staff was pleasant and efficieent. A good place to stay if you want to save a few bucks.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review the Super 8 Milwaukee Airport hotel. We value your feedback and thank you for your compliments. We are located directly across the street from Mitchell International Airport, yet we are not in any flight paths, no jet noise here. We do offer a free, 24 hour airport shuttle for all guests.
We hope to see you the next time you are in Milwaukee. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

my stay at the Super 8 was outstanding. The room was clean with a cozy bed.Service was very good with a friendly staff.The breakfast was ordinary though with very few selections and the breakfast room was average .Park and fly option was outstanding with courteous service on the trips to and from the airport, also was on time!! I would stay here again in a heartbeat!!
Thanks Super 8!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Steve J

Thank you for your review of the Super 8 Milwaukee hotel. It is great to hear you enjoyed wonderful service and a clean, comfortable room. I am glad you were able to utilize our Stay & Fly Package, which includes the 24 hour airport shuttle with long term parking and a one night stay. We hope to see you again the next time you fly out of Mitchell International Airport. Thanks again for your compliments, we do appreciate it!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
RLLMil, General Manager at Super 8 Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This Super 8 is close to the Airport and convenient for an overnite prior to the early morning flights. In addition to a light breakfast there is a shuttle that drops you at your Airline kiosk. Upon returning just call the Super 8 and the shuttle will be there in a short time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary M

Thank you very much for posting a review about your stay at the Super 8 Milwaukee Airport hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and had an easy Stay & Fly Package. Our breakfast starts early, at 5am for the convenience of the early risers going to the airport. Our breakfast consists of hot, Belgian waffles, oatmeals, cereals, yogurts, fruit, hard boiled eggs, cinnamon rolls and a toast bar.
Thank you for your business and I hope we see you again!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

The people and service were fine, except that the housekeeping staff was under par: they did not leave enough bath linens for us (just two people!) most of the days. We also had problems with the plumbing twice. Just a really old building. Recently redecorated, but needed to be replumbed, etc. instead.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
RLLMil, General Manager at Super 8 Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel, we value your feedback. I am sorry to hear that housekeeping did not leave you enough towels on some days, and that you experienced plumbing issues during your stay. That should not have happened. Thank you for letting us know. I am glad to hear your stay was otherwise enjoyable, and thank you for noticing our recent upgrades and remodeling. We value your business and hope to see you again in the future. R. Liberacki, GM