“Pleasantly surprised in Milwaukee!”
Review of The Pfister Hotel

The Pfister Hotel
Ranked #6 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Fabulous hotel in the best location! The staff were very friendly and welcoming. Best service ever. Definitely would stay again while visiting Milwaukee. I only have one concern, why is the coffee maker in the bathroom? That kind of gross me out. Other than that loved the place.

• Stayed: December 2011
JoshuaWolter, Hotel Assistant Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We do place our coffee maker in the bathroom, as many hotels do, so that it is close to a water source, and a GFCI outlet for safety. Hopefully this answers your question. If you do have anymore, don't hesitate to stop back in for another night, we would be happy to have you.

Hotel Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,992)

Reviewed 28 December 2011

Great place to sit in front of the fire, with a perfectly spiced warm glog, while listening to live soft piano jazz. A great place to warm up on a cold Milwaukee afternoon.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

It sounds like you have found your place for comfort. The relaxing piano, warm cocktail, and rustling fireplace allows many of our visitors to unwind from the stresses of the day. Please to stop in to relax again soon.

Reviewed 27 December 2011

I stayed at the Pfister Hotel for 4 nights while attending a convention. I really liked the hotel. My room was in the newer tower section and met my expectations. The carpet was a bit stained in the room decor were the only minor blemishes. I found the beds comfortable and the room kept in very clean condition. I am wary of mold and grime in hotels. Thankfully, there was none to be found at the Pfister. I found the downstairs lobby bar are a wonderful place for an after work cocktail to relax. The selection of beverages was ample and the prices were quiet reasonable. Heck, the prices for most anything in Milwaukee are reasonable. The service throughout the hotel was top notch and the staff went out of their way to be friendly to me. It was appreciated. While I was in Milwaukee others said how "lucky" I was to be staying there. I have to agree. The Pfister earned my respect and will definately be at the top of my list on my next Milwaukee visit.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

What spectacular words to hear about a stay with us. I will definitely share your comments with not only our housekeeping staff, but our food and beverage as well. We hope your able to stay with us again soon on your next visit to Milwaukee.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

My wife and I didn't stay at this hotel but we visited the bar on the top floor during an anniversary getaway to Milwaukee. It is called "Blu" and I believe it is a rotating lounge although it wasn't moving the night we were there.

What a romantic place! It was the perfect stop for cocktails after we had dinner a few blocks away. A dark, elegant lounge with great views of the city. We were well taken care of by the cocktail waitresses, dressed in their black suits and skirts. We sat on a circular red-velvet bench facing outward that seemed to stretch through the entire place. Many couples were sitting here but each had their own bistro table and we were spaced apart enough so that we couldn't hear each other's conversations. Towards the outside, next to the windows, were tables with seating for groups of 4 to 8. Musicians were playing in the middle of the lounge.

Our drinks were great and the hors d'oeuvres looked scrumptious although we didn't indulge because we were too stuffed from dinner. A very intimate atmosphere and a fantastic place to re-connect with your spouse or meet with friends over cocktails. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CheeseCake6

Blu truly is a great spot with an amazing view. We pride ourselves on having the best view in the city. I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful evening and were able to take it all in. I will surely share your words with our staff and management of Blu. Please do stop up for a cocktail and indulge in some tasty treats soon.

Reviewed 21 December 2011

My wife and I stayed here recently to 'get away' from normal life for a night. We ate dinner in the area, caught a local concert and then came back to the room. From the moment you step into the Pfister you know you've found a special place in Milwaukee. The decor is old, rich, charming and modern....all at once. The front desk is very courteous, the bar area is great for grabbing a cocktail and the hotel is well appointed. The history behind the building and everything inside could take one days to fully explore.
Our only two complaints are: 1) There is no hot tub/whirlpool in the pool area (and the heated pool was about 60 degrees) and 2) The rooms are connected to each other via a door (not uncommon) but the door had to have been hollow particle board as you literally could hear conversations in the room next door when using normal speaking volumes.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank schneiks

Thank you so much for you kind words about the hotel. I do apologize that we didn't have all the amenities that you would enjoy in our swimming facilities and the temperature issue. Since your stay the issue has been addressed and repaired. Please do give me a heads up directly when your staying with us next. I will make sure that your in a nice quiet room, without an adjoining door. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 December 2011

The Pfister Hotel offers nicely appointed rooms with all the modern amenities in an elegant atmosphere, perfectly located in the center of downtown Milwaukee. Service is courteous and professional. I stayed two nights in a King room on the 15th floor with a decent view. The bedroom was reasonable in size with a comfortable desk chair and sofa chair, a nice sized flat screen TV and comfortable bed and pillows. The bathroom was a bit on the small side, but clean and with good amenities and very nice, soft towels. I ordered room service for breakfast and dinner, and it was consistently prompt, tasty and attractively presented. The only mishap was a leak in my A/C unit that flooded a small area of the carpet near the window, but when I reported it, the hotel responded immediately, offering me another room (which I declined) and sending up housekeeping to dry the carpet and technicians to repair the leak. This hotel offers comfortable, modern, elegant accommodations and excellent service. A great place to stay in Milwaukee.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

We love hearing stories like this from guests. Not necessarily that you had an issue, but that the service your received to remedy the problem was prompt and friendly. At the Pfister Hotel, we understand that not everything can go perfectly, things to happen, but we do everything we can to make sure that your stay is enjoyable and without trouble. Do come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 14 December 2011

I just sent two nights at the Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee. The hotel is in the downtown area and close to many restaurants, shops and theaters. The Pfister is a historic hotel, but it has been renovated, with a tower section of modern rooms and the older section that is decorated wonderfully. During the holiday season the hotel has many holiday decorations, making it a great place for parties and such.

The hotel tends to cater to group of business people and locals that may be staying for a special occasion. On this trip a group of 85 musicians in town for a local concert was staying at the hotel.

I have stayed at the hotel several times and the staff is very accommodating. Once I had a package that needed to be shipped and the manager took care of it. This time, at lunch I order a bowl of soup and it took far too long to come out, but the manager insisted on buying me a dessert. The down side is that parking is very expensive, but the upside is that the hotel is located to everything a traveler could want.

The pillows and mattress is very comfortable, the shower has all the amenities one will need. I would highly recommend this hotel to locals wanting to escape for a weekend retreat or for the business person that demands the best in service.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite, if it available you might just get an upgrade!