“Great stay....”
Review of The Pfister Hotel

The Pfister Hotel
Ranked #5 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I don't travel a whole lot but when I do I like to stay in nice accommodations. The Pfister represents this to the fullest!
First of all I have to say that the staff as a whole was just outstanding. Now a days you see so many people working in the service industry and they have no personal skills but the Pfister's staff was five-star. I can't even begin to tell you how refreshing it is to see people who seem to enjoy their job.
I stayed in the tower on the 18th floor with the lake view and it was very nice. The room was spacious and the bed was huge. I could go on for days but I'm not a writer and I don't like to write so I'll end my review by saying, if you get a chance, stay at this hotel. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: The tower rooms seem to be more contemporary than the others.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I spent Easter weekend here. Oh my, it was wonderful. The room was tastefully appointed. The Lobby Lounge was wonderful. We had lunch and a couple of cocktails. We then spent a few hours in Blu - beautiful! The Jazz Band was wonderful and the view was to die for. Sunday's Easter Brunch was terrific. The food was great, the ambience was elegant, the service, impeccable. Can't wait until I can come back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stayed here twice for business. I understand I stayed in the new section so can only comment on that. But found the room comfortable, and the hotel charming. Beautifully decorated for Christmas and the holidays. Rumors of it being haunted are charming and alarming, but a lot of ado about nothing in my case. Loved Blu and the dinner restaurant. Nothing to disway you from staying here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We visited Milwaukee for the first time this past weekend as a side trip to our visit to Chicago. We know little about the city and booked Pfister Hotel without much knowledge about it. We were completely surprised by how beautiful the architecture of the hotel is, how well it is maintained and how friendly and helpful the staff is.

The location is ideal, right in downtown, and a short walk to the Art Museum with the renowned Calatrava Pavilion. We were given a room in the historic wing. The room was very comfortable, good sized and finely furnished. The place is impeccably maintained and the renovation work they have done over the years kept the beauty and the charm that the building holds. It was good that they didn’t do an over-modernized or trendy renovation that left behind all the history and charm.
The hallways and the common spaces on each floor are generous unlike the hotels of today. The lobby is fantastic - be sure to descend the grand staircase and see its beauty from different levels. This hotel is a true icon in this city, in history and stature and the owners and the staff must be credited for keeping it in mint condition for us all to enjoy.

The icing on the cake in staying at this classic hotel is its great staff and their warm hospitality. They obviously take pride in their work and of their community. The excellent front desk staff, especially Clint, who checked us in, gave good recommendations to restaurants and places to visit and answered our questions about the history of the hotel.

Pfister Hotel is the perfect combination of historical ambiance and gracious hospitality.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed with my wife for the Ron white show. Very nice and helpful all the way. We requested a room as high as possible and got the 22nd floor. I was looking for ice when Christopher? Said let me get it for you. He brought the ice and asked if the construction noise was a problem, it was almost not noticeable and lasted about an hour so no big deal we were having fun anyway. Valet was so fast. I just dig the old world charm of this hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This was our first time staying at the Pfister and it was simply AMAZING. From the room, to the staff to the history, it was just perfect. There wasn't anything that didn't exceed our expectations. It was perfect and the management and staff should be proud of what they have/do there. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Avery, now 7, on his third annual visit with Grandma (me) asked if this time we could bring his little sister, Romy, so she could meet the Pfister! I agreed. Then mama wanted to come along and of course we like to share! So the four of us came to the Pfister and everyone of us had a spectacular time. For location, quality and fun factor it was ideal. The food was perfect for our nut allergic family and the service was spectacular. Everyone went out of their way to make this acceptable for an energetic family like this one. The pool - the food - and the room made this a wonderful spring break treat. We thank you - and we'll be back.

Room Tip: We loved the roomy suite in the historic area and the option to walk up the amazing grand stair case...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family