“Great Stay in May!”

Ranked #5 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Grant-Valkaria, Florida
“Great Stay in May!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Being a Milwaukee native, I never had too many chances to stay at a local hotel. But, since moving, I no longer have a place to stay. In town for a graduation and family event, which coincided with my birthday, I was surprised with a two-night stay at the Pfister. Club lounge access included. What a treat.
From our arrival to departure, first class and friendly service at every turn. Valet service was prompt. Our turn down service and night-time treats were wonderful. It was magnificent. The room was large, comfortable and the view of the lake superb. As a business traveler I know great service when I see it, and see it I did.
Hopefully I'll be back soon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patrick G
Morgan S, Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you for the great review! Milwaukee natives have always played a part in making the Pfister Hotel special. Which is why we are thrilled when natives are able to stay and enjoy the Pfister experience. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you’ll visit again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (546)
Oakland, California, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Staff was exceptional!
Classic historic old hotel with very comfortable new tower attached.
Weekend brunch was amazing and a tremendous value.
Lost a pair of shoes and staff somehow found them.
Will definitely return.

Room Tip: High floor in tower was excellent
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Morgan S, Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you for the fantastic review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed the weekend brunch. Have safe travels and we hope you’ll visit us again!
Ashland, Kansas
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Very nice place with specious rooms and great service. Is a very good location for walking to all of the spots around for food and entertainment. They have very good upper bare and restaurant on the location. I would recommend it to any one how likes the old style.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Morgan S, Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you for the great review! The Pfister Hotel is located in the perfect spot to experience downtown Milwaukee and all that it offers. Glad to hear that you enjoyed our restaurants and bars. We hope you’ll visit them again!
New Jersey
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Ok check in room not ready advised they would call me when ready THEY did not. Great stone massage great club room worth the money but this room verse the iron horse no comparison. More to be determined staff nice bellman great location great but we shall see if overall package works.......wish my room was better over priced for what I paid

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Richmond Hill, Georgia
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The Hotel is in excellent shape and the Mason Grill is very good. The staff are friendly and helpful, and the facility is centrally located in the City.

Regrettably, there were two negatives to my visit which cause me to question why I paid $200 for my room. First, I checked in late and was assigned to a 4th floor room overlooking the alley. Beginning at 3:30 AM, I was serenaded for 40 minutes by the trash removal choir in the alley below; trucks, dumpsters and personnel. Not even the plus pillow top mattress could drown the noise. Second, the in-room coffee was a absurd. I did not expect - and have not encountered in similar level hotels - the no brand 4 cup coffee coupled with the sugar/creamer/sweetener bag, all reminiscent of what I expect to find at Comfort Inn or similar 2 star hotels. Why adorn the exterior of your facility with signs advertising Starbucks if the quality of the coffee in your Hotel rooms is generic?

Despite these issues, I would return to The Pfister.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor and/or on the outside of the building, away from the alley.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CJIG106
Morgan S, Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Here at the Pfister we strive for customers to have both old world charm and modern conveniences and customer service. I apologize for the negatives experiences that you had while staying with us. I will share your thoughts with the team. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences; it is from reviews that we are able to improve.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

The redo of the rooms is great! Spent two nights and enjoyed the elegance of this grand hotel. I am originally from Milwaukee and this has always been a class act. I highly recommend your experiencing the grandeur.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Morgan S, Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others, we greatly appreciate it. The Pfister has just recently renovated the tower side of the hotel, and it is great to hear that guests approve! We hope you will have the chance to visit us here at the Pfister Hotel again! We wish you all the best.
Elmhurst, Illinois
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Pfister Hotel is a GREAT place to stay while in Milwaukee.
t is close to the Art Museum, Discovery World, fine restaurants and the Lake Michigan.
We were able to take advantage of special rates that were offered.
And the upgrade for parking and access to the Club Lounge was great for us.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the upgrade for parking and Club Lounge access. It's WELL WORTH IT!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Morgan S, Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for the fantastic review! The Pfister Hotel is in the perfect location, you can park at the hotel and then explore Milwaukee, and all that it offers, on foot. We hope that you will visit us again soon. Safe travels!