“Best for the Fest”
Review of The Pfister Hotel

The Pfister Hotel
Ranked #5 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Without question, Milwaukee's finest hotel is The Pfister. Located in the heart of the city ,it provides all the amenities of the newest places but with a classic, old world feel. The staff is top notch and are there to serve. Located about 6 blocks from the Summerfest grounds, it is the perfect place to stay when attending the world's largest 11 day music festival. Most of the main stage acts stay at the hotel, and this year, met the Milwaukee Bucks first round draft choice Jabari Parker there as well. After a full day and night of partying, go swimming the next morning up on the 23rd floor, where you overlook the city and try to remember what you did the night before. My guests and I will be back in 2015

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and stay in one of the rooms in the "older, 8 story tower". Bigger, roo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ronald James D
Kenneth W, Front Office Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding the positive experience you had at The Pfister Hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests – most especially those who take the time to express kind words about our property and our associates.

We are honored you selected The Pfister Hotel during your annual visit to Summerfest. We look forward to welcoming you back next year!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,010)

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Got in at 6pm after a long flight and quickly seen to at check-in. I was informed they had given me a complimentary upgrade - great I thought. Then they asked if I would like to sit in the foyer as they were still getting the room ready! I took my original booking.
Rooms are comfortable with all the usual requirements expected for an hotel of this quality.Free wi-fi which worked well was a big plus. Room looked into the centre atrium of the hotel.
Breakfast was at the cafe on the ground floor but my pet hate with American hotels - ONLY order off the menu and no self service. Hate this as I usually want to grab something quick before a meeting but also control my own portion size.
However, I would stay here again...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great hotel with the old classic style and feel that today's hotels do not offer. A true class operation. If you want the fell of year gone by with all the technology of today the Pfister is your place to stay.
I would stay there again and again. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tom P

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to share about your experience here with us at the Pfister. We strive to be a home away from home and most of all hope to welcome you back in the near future. We know you have many choices when visiting Milwaukee and we are again so thankful and privileged that you chose us. Best wishes and safe travels.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The Pfister has a great location for any central Milwaukee based visit. It has real old world class, cleanliness is great, and extra service I've asked for has always been great. I only stay at the when visiting downtown. I attended Summerfest earlier this month and realized musicians of the main act I was there to see were also staying at the Pfister. Top notch!!

Room Tip: Book in advance when possible. Occupancy is generally high.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Terrible experience. From the bell stand having several folks working with none helping. I used valet for my car and had to inland and load my own bags. Several bellman just stand there talking amongst themselves as opposed to helping guests. My wife was looking for a bagel shop the following morning and not one person knew where a bagel and coffee place was which we found a Bruggers just a few short blocks away. Checking in was terrible. They could not locate my reservation under my name. Spelling etc was all exact yet they had difficulties locating it despite being booked over the phone and improvised email confirmation. The hotel seems dated and the staff is not friendly not helpful for guest needs. The cage located in the lobby service was terrible in addition. We had to continuously flag down our waitress for napkins, drinks, service etc. just very disappointed overall.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Robert V
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The Pfister is still a gem after all these years! We recently stayed at this beautiful hotel for our anniversary. We love the original section of the hotel. Our spacious room was a beautiful 2 room suite with very high ceilings, comfortable furniture, and luxurious bedding. Even the bathroom was nice, which is sometimes the tell-tale room of older hotels.

We enjoyed a nice breakfast in the hotel café, as well as drinks in the top floor bar. The staff were all excellent and the atmosphere was absolutely perfect! This hotel continues to amaze!

Room Tip: The original section of the hotel has gorgeous rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Homes away from home don't get any better than The Pfister. It is VERY clean, BEAUTIFULLY decorated, and has a staff that goes out of their way to make your stay perfect! It's located close to everything you would want to visit in Milwaukee. I can't say enough great things about The Pfister! If you go to Milwaukee and stay elsewhere you are missing out!

Room Tip: The King Suites that have a room number that end in 08 (ie. 208, 308, 408, etc.) are the biggest and...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo