“A little like time travel”
Review of The Pfister Hotel

The Pfister Hotel
Ranked #5 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
“A little like time travel”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel looks like something you would see in an old movie. Also, like something you would see in a museum. It is clean and well kept and has a classy kind of feel to it. I definitely felt better walking around the lobby in my business attire than in my jeans.

The room was very roomy and so was the bathroom. The beds were comfortable and the staff was very friendly. It did have a bit of an damp smell and the room was a bit clammy.

I really liked my stay here and felt special during it.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Morgan S, Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you for the amazing review! I certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with others. The Pfister was built in 1893 and we have tried our best to maintain the old world charm. I’m thrilled you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will visit The Pfister again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
Lake Bluff, Illinois
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We visited the Pfister with our children for a one night stay. The hotel is extraordinarily beautiful, well located, and the perfect mix of old time elegance with modern facilities. The staff was amazing and attentive to all of us, including our children ranging in age from 15 years to 19 months. The children were even brought cookies in the evening. The Club Level Lounge was a special treat, with a great view and friendly staff. We will definitely stay at the Pfister again in the near future!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
I’m thrilled to hear that everyone in the family enjoyed staying at The Pfister and the use of the Club Lounge! I will be sure to pass along your remarks about our attentive staff. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with others! I hope you will visit The Pfister again soon!
Tallmadge, Ohio
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Luxurious hotel in the heart of Milwaukee. Best location, great accommodations, perfect for a weekend away with my husband sans children. We got room service every morning for breakfast and it was fantastic as well. I highly recommend this hotel, and Mason Street Grille attached to the hotel for a great dinner.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the fantastic review! I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed your weekend getaway with your husband! Everyone needs a weekend break every once in a while. Thank you for taking the time to review and I hope you will make it back for another weekend getaway soon!
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed at the hotel because it hosted a fraternity reunion. We had previously stayed there 10 years ago so we knew what to expect, but the hotel surpassed our expectations. It is clean, the employees are very courteous, friendly, and helpful. The food is very good. The ambiance was perfect for our stay.

Room Tip: We had a suite, which was well worth the small additional price for a deluxe room.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences with others. I’m thrilled to hear that we were able to surpass your expectations and that you enjoyed your fraternity reunion. I will pass along your words to my team to let them know that all of their hard work is paying off. Hopefully, it won’t be another 10 years before we see you at The Pfister again!
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 19 August 2014

great location, walking distance to the lakefront and the famous art museum and the third ward for boutiques and river for eat and drink places....but the hotel has the mason street grill that I reviewed and loved so you never have to knock yourself out leaving the hotel for dinner out.
I love the old section rather than the tower rooms....larger and very nicely appointed. everyone working at the hotel is there to help you.

Room Tip: I like the old section high
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review and share your experiences with others! The Pfister is in the perfect location to explore Milwaukee. I’m thrilled to hear that you enjoyed Mason Street Grill and everything that The Pfister has to offer. I hope to see you at The Pfister the next time you are in Milwaukee!
Danville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The Pfister Hotel is a historic masterpiece close to the painting masterpieces in the Art Museum a short walk down the street. The river walk is close by as well making the Pfister a great location. We stayed in the tower on the 18th floor and had a view of the lake. Upgrade and join the Club Lounge because it is worth it. You won't believe the drink prices at the honor bar.

Room Tip: High floors in the tower offer better views of the lake.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Morgan S, Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review! I truly appreciate you sharing your experiences and tips with others. The Pfister was built in 1893, and we have tried to keep all the historic charm that you were able to enjoy. I hope you will be able to visit us again soon!
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed at the Pfister Hotel for a wedding . Our room was in the new tower and the amenities were great. A new stand up shower with a waterfall shower head, No tub here.
The room was very comfortable and our we had a great view of the lake and lakefront. The city was wonderful and our location was in the center of it all. My only beef was they charged for WiFI at $ 5.00 per night. This did not seem appropriate for a hotel of this class.
The staff was great, pleasant and very helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the tower that faces the lakefront. Rooms that have adjoining doors are a little n...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the great review! I’m thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the remodeled rooms! I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with others. I hope you will be able to visit The Pfister again soon!