“Great, cool place - recommended!”

Buckley's Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #65 of 1,543 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Really like this place - older place that has been remodeled - small, narrow and cozy. There's history here but they maintain a modern edge. Service and food is great!

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I had an appointment near Cathedral Square and had a break for lunch. I've been to most of the nearby restaurants, so I was looking for something new. I found Buckley's and decided to give it a try.

I was a single diner and there was a list of reservations, but they managed to squeeze me in without putting me at the bar. The tables are close together, but not too close.

I had the vegetable soup of the day, which was outstanding. For my main meal, I had the Banh Mi sandwich with a salad. The Banh Mi was quite good, although I did hear the waiters say that they were out of it after I ordered mine. One of the waitresses said it was their best sandwich. The salad was good, but a little sweet for my taste. Also there was a pickle served on the side; the juice drained into my salad, which was regretful.

I had the Turtle Chocolate Cake for dessert. It was nice, but a bit too much salt on it for my taste. The salt was a nice touch, but too much.

The portion sizes were perfect for me for lunch and while not cheap it was not expensive either.

I would agree with others regarding making a reservation. By noon, all the tables were full, and they were seating people at the bar. I would guess this restaurant is cozy at night, but I'll have to see for myself soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

Visited friends in Milwaukee and was pleasantly surprised with awesome selection of brunch entrees. Loved it. Pastries were delectable too. Was lucky to find a table on Mother's Day . Recommend to get reservations for sure sitting because the spot is really small and cozy. Would go back to this place.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

We went here because it looked cute as we were walking by - good decision on our part! This was an adorable, small restaurant with delicious food. We will definitely be returning!!

Reviewed 21 April 2013

When I entered I was surprised how small the restaurant actually is fitting only about 10 tables and very nice bar. Making a reservation could definitely help at times.

There is an excellent beer and wine selection and about a half dozen beers on tap for about $5. In addition to the Dinner menu you can also order sandwiches in the evening too. This is a very pleasant and relaxing place with good professional service however it can get loud when the place is full.

While they have burgers on the menu, this is far more than a burger place!