“After first visit, I want to return”

Buckley's Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #60 of 1,549 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Having read about this small family-owned restaurant, I stopped in for lunch. My salad was very good. Service excellent. Very cozy upscale feel with an inviting bar. My guess is that this is a popular neighborhood destination serving those living in the near east side condos and residences. Classy and inviting. I will return.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

One of the stops and glad that I made it! The nacho's is a must try and the staff is very attentive and friendly to all the customers. The halibut was a good one too!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We were a party of 4, the drinks took a long time to arrive. I ordered the night's special of lamb loins. The waitress asked how I wanted it cooked and I said medium. It came out medium rare. It is pretty obvious the sliced up meat on the plate looked undercooked. When the waitress came back, I told her that the lamb was not medium. She agreed and was very nice taking it back. When she brought the lamb out again, I had expected a newly cooked entree but it was the same 5 slices of meat but warmed up a little bit more on the outside. I was very disappointed with how they tried to fix the lamb. This was the worst lamb dinner I ever had for $27. I didn't want to complain again and ruin the evening for my friends. The side of sweet potato purée was bland, none of us liked it.

1  Thank Zzzz222
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My husband and I just had our first visit to Buckley's and it was great. We didn't have a reservation so the only tables availiable were outside, but it was a nice summer night so outside was perfect. We had the soup to start,and then our entrees were the tenderloin special, and the alaskan halibut. Both were perfect. The food was a little slow to come out but we didn't mind, we weren't in a rush. And the food was deffinitely worth it! Our server was great as well and deserved a big tip. We would come here again, maybe for our anniversary next year.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

It was disappointing. I thought there would be more variety and what I ordered was frankly not good. We ate outside as the interior was dark and gloomy, but outside was right on the street.

1  Thank Mary C