“Top of the line!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 54 Hotels in Milwaukee
ohio
“Top of the line!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed here when we went to the Harley Davidson Museum Christmas party. From check in to check out, the hotel was delightful! Truffles and Bubbly event the evening of check in was a lot of fun and something we were unaware of before booking. Spent Friday afternoon in the leather couch filled lobby reading a book and sipping Bloody Mary with a Spotted Cow chaser while the ice cold wind blew outside! Our waiter stopped by every 5 minutes or so to check on us. The room was just beautiful! Recommend it to anyone going to the Milwaukee area and will definately stay here again!

Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Rodeomom21-

Thank you for staying with us and we are glad you had a great Christmas Party, and that you were able to participate in one of the hotels events during your stay. We do our best to hold the correct number of events for our guest and community enjoyment. Thank you again for your kind review and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Happy Holiday Season!!

brisseeuw@theironhorsehotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

The Iron Horse is a pretty hotel, with a lot of possibility. However, we didn't expect the lobby & bar to be so crowded that we couldn't use them. We weren't able to visit with our friends like we had hoped, it was too noisy.

Our room was attractive-- kinda funky. The shower included a large black hairball, which was rather unappealing. We were also unable to get the water any warmer than tepid, which didn't cut it on a cold, snowy day. It didn't drain well either, so we ended up standing in a bath of soapy water.

On the plus side, the staff was very friendly, and dinner in the restaurant was good. Again, it was crowded & noisy, but our meal came out quickly.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank c4ww
Dear C4WW-

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that we were unable to meet all of your expectations. Our lobby and bar area does get busy at times and I understand that it does not always lend itself to easy conversation. This type of experience is not the norm at our hotel and I would love the opportunity to speak to you further about your stay. If you are willing, please contact me at brisseeuw@theironhorsehotel.com to discuss the details. Thank you for your valued feedback.

Best Regards,

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I've stayed at the Iron Horse Hotel over 4x for the past year, a week at a time, and the service gets worse every time I stay there to the point that I will have to look for another hotel to stay at when I travel to Milwaukee for business. The hotel positions itself as a boutique hotel, but acts far from it. For the number of times I have stayed at that hotel, I would assume that I would have some sort of profile as a frequent visitor as to my preferences, but the hotel doesn't seem to care about its guests and their likes/dislikes. Even though I always request (and receive confirmation through my corporate travel agent) for a single king bed, i always end up in a room with two double beds as the ones with the king beds are always "sold out" upon check in. Other problems? Twice I was there when the fire alarms went off at 2 am; once had a bed with blood splatters on the sheets; and on my most recent stay had tattered/ripped sheets; once had a bolster pillow next to my sleeping pillows which was torn and had its stuffing coming out (which is quite unsanitary), and when I complained about it, they did nothing and kept putting it on my bed; dirty and sticky countertops from previous guests which have caused me to stain my own clothing; dirty rugs that had not been vacuumed; no additional shampoo/soap given even when the room service team finds the empty containers in the garbage; and also on my most recent stay received a wake up "knock" from a staff member at 5am, and when confronting the front desk about it, was just dismissed with a simple "sorry". For the amount of money the hotel charges for the room rate, as well as the large sums of money i spend entertaining clients at their restaurants and bars on premises, you would think the hotel would recognize me as a valued client - but far from it!!! I will definitely be taking my business elsewhere the next time I'm in Milwaukee!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Theo A
Mr. Theo A-

Thank you for your feedback regarding your last few experiences with us at The Iron Horse Hotel. I do apologize for the inconveniences you have been caused and would like to discuss further if you can please contact me at brisseeuw@theironhorsehotel.com. We value all of our guests and I do hope we can connect in the near future.

Best Regards,

Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

This hotel is magically beautiful. The staff is amazing and on top of everything. We did have a glitch with our room, and when we called down to the front desk to explain, she IMMEDIATELY came up, assessed the problem, and we were moved within 10 minutes. The food at Smyth was excellent, the service and appetizers in the bar were way above average. I would recommend this to any couple that wants a relaxing, fun get away. This hotel is not a good choice for families with small children. It is definitely a place for couples, which was a welcome relief for us. Pets also get VIP treatment. We did not have our kids or our pets, but it was so touching to see the list of special pets staying that night on a chalk board with a bowl of treats near the elevators. Nice touch. Thank you Iron Horse!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear IsLaNina-

Thank you for choosing the Iron Horse. I am very glad to hear that you had time to take a look around and enjoy many of the hotel's outlets and beautiful features. It was our pleasure to have you as our guests and we hope to see you again soon.

Thanks again!!

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

This hotel wouldn't be out of place in the most stylish of cities, so it's a welcome find in gritty Milwaukee. Set in a an old industrial building, the conversion has been done with great attention to detail. The rooms are large, with great facilities and very comfortable beds. The bar and restaurant areas maintain the industrial chic feel, the restaurant is one of the best in the city. Throughout the staff were excellent: both responsive and friendly. The hotel is a short walk from the Harley Davidson Museum, a rather longer one to the city's center and famous art museum.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side, while enjoying a fine view of the city center, over look a working rail lin...
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Chawton-

Thank you very much for your kind words about the Iron Horse Hotel. We take a lot of pride in the story of our building and we are glad that you enjoyed the details that were put into the conversion. It is our continued goal to make the Iron Horse not only a great destination for out of town visitors, but also a local’s favorite in the city of Milwaukee.

Thank you very much for choosing the Iron Horse. We hope to see you again very soon!!

Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Great place. Very "in-cookie cutter" lodging. Harley fans already know about this place. But casual travelers wanting something special will love it just as much. They love pets, for a price or course ;). Its worth it.

• Stayed June 2013
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Travelingman0087-

Thank you for taking the time to visit and review the Iron Horse Hotel. We strive to meet the needs of all of our guests, and I agree that our hotel offers a great experience for Harley fans, business, and leisure traveler’s visitors alike.

Thank you again for your visit and we hope to see you again soon!!

Milwaukee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in early September and absolutely loved it. Similar to the entire area, they've taken an old building, refurbished it and gave it a great style.
The style is very rock/biker feeling but with a cool, fashionable edge. The service is populated by young, hip but nice midwestern people. The breakfast is great and is situated in a study room like atmosphere.
The rooms are quite sizable with high ceilings. Further, I bumped into the Manager on the elevator who was very nice in genuinely asking how my stay way and my background.
I've lived abroad and traveled throughout the world so please don't think I have a good benchmark but this is one of the better hotels I've stayed in the world primarily because what they are offering is different and quite special.
Highly recommend to pay the extra money if you are in town to stay at this hotel.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NJtoSH
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Hello NJtoSH!!

Thank you for being a guest of the Iron Horse. We welcome feedback from all of our guests but it was great to hear from someone who has had such a robust traveling background. The Iron Horse takes great pride in providing an experience that you could expect in major destination. I agree with you that our team, made up of many Milwaukee/Mid-West personalities, which make us unique when compared to other hotels.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and if your travel leads you to Milwaukee we will be here to welcome you back.