“Again, amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Again, amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I travel a lot for business and pleasure and this is one of my favorite hotels anywhere. It has a "vibe" like no other hotel I have ever stayed at.

It is a rustic yet very comfortable space and even though I never travel with my dog [wish I could} it is a pet friendly place. Highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear intrepidtravelerfla-

Welcome back! Thank you for the kind words about that hotel. As such a frequent traveler your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am glad that you enjoy the "Vibe" that we try to create. We look forward to having you back to the Iron Horse, maybe next time your dog will be able to join you.

Safe Travels!

brisseeuw@theironhorsehotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Had an incredible stay at the Iron Horse Hotel this last week. Nice people checking you in, helpful door guys, delicious vittles down in the bar, strong Wi-Fi in the room, and my very favorite part? That "rainfall" shower. Man, that thing was THOROUGH in washing down this carcass. Lots of room to move in the room, too. And, softest sheets north of Chicago. All in all, had an incredible visit and appreciate the hospitality.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear DDC_Road_Crew-

Welcome to Milwaukee!! Thank you for choosing the Iron Horse Hotel. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. The showers are my favorite part of the rooms as well!. We hope to see you again soon.

Hudson, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed at this wonderful hotel upon a recommendation from a friend. We were blown away by the "Industrial meets Americana" decor and feel of the entire hotel. The staff was amazing. The food in the bar and the breakfast in the library was excellent! Our only regret was that we could only stay 1 night! We WILL be back for the Iron Horse experience time and time again!

Room Tip: The view of Harley Davidson museum and downtown Milwaukee was spectacular!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Gina C-

Thank you for choosing the Iron Horse Hotel and for sharing your experience with us. I am very proud to see that staff made a positive influence on your stay. It sounds like you were able to enjoy our bar and our breakfast however I agree we have more to offer and would love to have you back for an extended stay. If there is ever anything I can assist with in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Until Next Time,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

From the time you walk into this VERY cool hotel you feel the vibe. Awesome decoration, Friendly, attentive staff, great food and terrific bar with great pool table. This perfectly located hotel is a Can't miss.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Myron K
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Myron K-

Thank you for visiting and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am proud to see that the Iron Horse not only fits your eye but that our staff meets your expectations as well. It would be my pleasure to help with any future reservation needs. Please do not hesitate to ask if there is anything I can do.

Waunakee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

This is a beautiful, historic hotel. Probably one of the best boutique hotels around! The decor and ambiance is second to none. We stayed before taking an early flight out of Milwaukee, so we didn't get to enjoy it as long as we would have liked. But, we will definitely go back. We didn't eat there, but did have some drinks and snacks at the bar. The bartenders were very friendly and helped us find a few things to do around the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jw4453
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear JW4453-

Thank you for choosing the Iron Horse and I glad to hear that you had safe travels. I am happy to that you enjoyed the overall ambiance of the hotel. A lot of work and effort goes into everything that we do and I am proud to see that we were "great" in your eyes. Please let me know if there is ever anything I can assist with the future. Hopefully during your next trip you will be able to spend some more time with us.

Winter Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We spent a lovely long weekend here in March 2014. Our Alaska got married. Everyone was so very welcoming, from the time we got out of the taxi. Our room was ready early so we were able to check in before lunch. The room was large & testefully decorated. The chairs were comfortable enough that we could actually sit in them to read! We love a firm mattress & ours was perfect. We loved the lobby& he flavored water & sat in front of the fireplace in the library to read one afternoon.
The bar was a nice gathering spot for friends & family from all over. They even have dog biscuits & water for the 4 legged guests.
Thanks to everyone who made the weekend so special for our family.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Margiemm54
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Margiemm54-

Dear Margiemm54-

Congratulations! Weddings are a very special occasion and I am glad that the Iron Horse Hotel was able to provide a memorable experience for your family. I will make sure to share your experience with our team. If there is ever anything we can do to assist in the future please let us know.

Regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

This is by far the best hotel in Milwaukee. The hotel is beautiful. It has a modern industrial feel but is also very warm. The decor is amazing...the same atmosphere as a luxury boutique hotel in New York. The service is impeccable from the minute you valet your car, to the desk staff and bar/restaurant staff.
In the warmer months you can sit out on in "the yard" on a soft couch and have delicous drinks and food and take in downtown Milwaukee.
I stay for business, but it is great for any occasion.I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Kimber2014-

Dear Kimber2014,

Thank you for your kind words. I will make sure to share them with our team. A lot of work goes in to ever guest stay and I am very proud to hear that you had a “Milwaukee’s Best” experience. Just thinking of "the Yard" season brightens my day. This winter has been too long. We look forward to welcoming back both you and the warm weather to IHH very soon.