“Fantastic visit!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Fantastic visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated our 25th anniversary at the Iron Horse. We have lived in or near Milwaukee for many years and so don't often stay in hotels in the city but wanted to visit for this special occasion. The hotel surpassed my expectations in just about every way. We received a nice room upgrade for our anniversary and enjoyed great city views from the fifth floor. The bathroom was fabulous. Fantastic shower. We loved the decor - all the exposed brick, the furniture, everything. We enjoyed some drinks in The Yard and a wonderful dinner at Smyth and will definitely be back...maybe for my 50th birthday this summer. Thank you, Iron Horse, for a memorable celebration.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MrsTibs
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear MrsTibs-

Happy 25th Anniversary Milwaukee Friends! Thank you for choosing the Iron Horse Hotel for your special staycation celebration. I am very proud to see that you had a positive experience with us. I am also glad that you took the time to experience both the Yard and Smyth. Hopefully we become one of your favorite places for dinner or a causal hang out here in Milwaukee.

brisseeuw@theironhorsehotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We have stayed at the Iron Horse several times and each one is better than the last!!
This time was for our 1 year wedding anniversary.
Any season...Always a great stay.
Staff is outstanding!!! Rooms are great!!
We love Milwaukee and we really love the Iron Horse!
M&M

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mde4074
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear mde4074-

Happy 1st Anniversary. Very exciting. I would also like to thank you for your loyalty to the Iron Horse Hotel. I will make sure to share your kind review with our "Outstanding" team. We will all be looking forward to many upcoming visits. Please let me know if there is ever anything I can do to assist.

Safe Travels,

Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Outstanding hotel!!! My wife and I celebrated our anniversary here. We both enjoyed a fantastic mid-week stay, which was a surprise for my wife. I treated us both to massages, which were incredible! One very minor glitch -- when we checked in, the room temperature was in excess of 100 degrees, due to a malfunctioning thermostat. When I called the front desk, they sent an engineer within 10 minutes, and still offered me a deep discount, which was not expected or accepted. When I checked out, they had removed the charge for our room-service breakfast. I live in Milwaukee, and often enjoy lunch or cocktails at the Iron Horse. I cannot recommend it any higher!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FallsWarrior
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear FallsWarrior-

Happy Anniversary! We are very glad that you choose to spend your special day with us at the Iron Horse Hotel. I apologize for the room temperature issue however I am proud to see that our staff was able to take care of you. I always love to hear from Milwaukee locals. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We will be looking forward to your next visit.

Until Next Time,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I travel a lot for work and see a lot of hotels and often they all start to look the same. Nice this gem, it is an old warehouse that has been renovated and is such a cool hip place to stay. Sorry not much motivates me to travel to this city but I would come back to stay at the Iron Horse Hotel!

Room Tip: Try Hotels Tonight for a great rate
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Tim B-

I always value the feedback greatly of someone who travels often for work. When hotels are truly a second home you tend to be able to appreciate quality or pick out flaw quickly. Thank you for taking the time to share your Iron Horse experience with us. I am proud to see that we met your needs and that we were a "cool, hip, gem" of a stop on your business travels. Please let us know if you do find a need to return to Milwaukee. As ambassadors of the city we can make recommendations to ensure your visit is well worth it.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I started staying at the hotel shortly after it opened and raved about the decor, service, cocktails, restaurant, etc. To by friends and business colleagues. I have stayed over 20 times in last three years and the decline in quality and service has been disappointing. As the price has increased. Seems like the high turnover of staff might be the problem but room service, water pressure, excessive noise from large gatherings also seem to be a problem. It was such a unique and pleasant experience I hope management takes notice and works to bring it back to the original standards.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Kay G-

Thank you for your time and feedback. Over the years the Iron Horse has consistently listened to our guest to make many different changed to ensure our visitors have a great local experience. Some of our unique offerings include welcome weekend cocktails, seasonal fruit infused water, and a complimentary house car. Although some of the faces and programs have changed over the years we still strive to provide the same memorable experience to each guest. I would be happy to discuss this further with you are such a loyal guest of the Iron Horse Hotel and would love to hear any ideas you have. I can be reached at brisseeuw@theironhorsehotel.com.

Best Regards

Lake Bluff, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

The good:

Very dog-friendly, cool biker-chic crowd, cool vibe, excellent, helpful staff, spectacular decor, nice rooms.

The bad:
Very dog-friendly, which means you might have a barking dog next to your room (as we did). Unconscionably expensive on some items ($12 margaritas, $30 overnight parking, $55 bottle of wine in the room -- really?). And don't get a room on the second floor -- you'll hear the noise from the lobby bar/restaurant, which is considerable. Ours also had a view of the awning extending from the front entrance -- not good.

Overall, we'd return. But we'd stay on a higher floor, and get margaritas elsewhere.

Room Tip: Above the second floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sunrise512
Dear Sunrise512-

Thank you for your feedback about your recent visit to the Iron Horse. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the majority of your stay. A "cool vibe" with "excellent, helpful staff" is what sets us apart for many other hotels and I will share your comments with our team. We are a dog friendly hotel as you mentioned and we do our best to make sure that our four legged guests are welcomed to the Hotel without disturbing our other guests. During your return trip to the IHH please contact me directly and I will be happy to address any concerns you may have before your arrival. We will be looking forward to your next visit.

Best Regards,

Glenview, il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I haven't even left this hotel and I am excited to come back. Atmosphere and vibe get 10 stars. What I love most about this hotel is that every nook and corner looks like they knew you were coming. Strawberry and fennel infused water in the lobby. Dog treats and water bowls for your dog :). We sat outside in the "Yard" and lounged on comfy couches, enjoyed a couple if cocktails and appetizers. At night it is lit up with tons of festival lights, oil candles and fire pits. Awesome! We also ate dinner in their restaurant, Smyth. Wonderful service, cozy tables and a small but well thought out menu. Our room was perfect and overlooked the river and city. We took the train up from Chicago and walked to the hotel. I am super fussy about hotels and this one exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Marciabellair-

Thank you for choosing the Iron Horse Hotel and for taking the time to share you experience with us. I am very proud to see that you had such a memorable experience and that you were able to "Relax" and enjoy your stay. We are excited as well that the "Yard" has opened and that the summer season is before us. The hotel staff is excited for the opportunities to welcome both local Milwaukee and out of town visitors to the Iron Horse. We hope that we see you again soon, and please let me know if there is anything at all I can do to assist in the future.