“Such a great stay.”
Review of Iron Horse Hotel

Iron Horse Hotel
Ranked #2 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Firstly, what accommodating management. My husband and I had to wait maybe 5 minutes (though it was late) and the management was so nice and willing to offer a free breakfast and a cocktail because there had been an issue with the room. This started the stay off so well and they continued to be very, very friendly. We are east-coast people so maybe we are too conditioned to rude behavior and unapologetic staff but if this was just normal protocol we are still so impressed. We would 100% stay again. Atmosphere is very chic and super fun. The food at the restaurants within was pretty great and also very accommodating. The only odd thing (which was probably a mistake) was that the house cleaning service threw out our bar soap at the sink and didn't replace it. We just used the additional soap in a shower. If that is the worse thing that happened on your stay I would say it is pretty excellent.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor and overlooked the "Backyard" and seasonal outdoor bar and rest...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MrsOneill426
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear MrsOneill426-

Thank you for choosing the Iron Horse Hotel and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am very proud to see that you had a great time and enjoyed our fun and chic atmosphere. We hope that we will see you again very soon and please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with.

There are newer reviews for Iron Horse Hotel

Reviewed 2 August 2014

This was my fifth visit to Iron Horse. As always, the staff was exceptional, the hotel is perfectly maintained, and the experience was great. This hotel is not only the best in Milwaukee but one of the best in the United States. If you are looking for a luxurious but non-pretentious and "cool" hotel, look no further than Iron Horse. The rooms are large and comfortable, bathrooms are modern and clean (and use excellent bath products) and the Branded bar should not be missed. I happen to stay over a Thursday night, which is "bike" night, because of the affiliation to the nearby Harley Davidson museum, and that provided some unexpected entertainment during an otherwise event free business trip to Milwaukee. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great experience in the region.

Room Tip: Every room I've stayed in has been great. If you have a preference (corner, view, etc) be sure t...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank scnc96
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear scnc96-

Thank you for your kind words and high praise for The Iron Horse Hotel. We greatly appreciate your comments and your loyalty. I will make sure to share you experience with our team as it is our goal to exceed all expectations. I always like to share when their hard work is noticed. Please let me know if there is ever anything I can help with in the future.

Until next time,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We went with some friends to summer fest at the end of June. We went to see Outkast and the concert was awesome. Word on the street is that they were staying there too! We booked the Iron Horse on hotwire and can I say we scored a great deal. This place is so cool and chic. The room was nice and clean. It had a cool frosted block wall to the shower. We had a king room and it had enough space. Our room had a leak from the AC and they fixed it right away. They also told us if we had anymore problems that they would just move us to another room. I recommend that you stay here. Not sure if I would pay full price sine it's on hotwire. Great location. We walked to 3rd War went to Hudson's and Wicked Hop. Overall, it was great and we would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jontiff

Dear jontiff-

Welcome to Milwaukee and I hope you had a great Summerfest. I am proud to see that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We will be looking forward to your next visit and please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist in the future.

Cheers!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Happened upon this hotel by accident, but I sure was happy I did. A modern hotel with all amenities, but it's done up in a really cool style. The staff were very helpful and made all efforts to make my stay a good one. The hotel is only a quick walk away from the historic Third Ward and the Harley Davidson Museum as well.

A cool surprise was the live band playing on the patio on Sunday afternoon.
Highly recommend choosing this hotel if you're going to Milwaukee.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank RoadtripFan80
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Deear ErikH80Norway-

We are very glad that you found us as well! Thank you for staying with us and for taking some time to enjoy the property, including the "Sunday Sounds" on the patio. I will make sure to share your review with our team and we will be looking forward to your next visit.

Cheers!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed here 2 nights for a weekend with my wife, and we loved this place. Highly recommended. The details...

THE GOOD...
--Rooms are unique - look like condo/loft spaces with exposed brick and high end fixtures. Clean, stylish, very well appointed.
--Beds were comfortable, as were couches and chairs for hanging out.
--Bathrooms are big, very nice and stylish, though they maybe got too cute with the shower (more on that later)
--Despite being right next to a freight rail line and a major road, the noise level was very minimal. They clearly did solid work sound-proofing the units.
--Common spaces are really cool, with plenty of spots to lounge, including a library room that is nice and cozy.
--Multiple bar/lounge areas, including a nice outdoor patio space with some shade.
--Staff were very friendly and helpful, with excellent knowledge of the area.
--Location is good, being a short walk from many of the restaurants in the 3rd ward, and just over the bridge from downtown. Location is maybe not as ideal as some truly downtown spots, but as long as you are OK with a little walking, it offers a nice in-between spot from various key spots.
--Not sure about airport access, but if you take the train into town (Amtrak), it is a fairly short walk (maybe 2/3 of a mile) from the station, or a very short cab ride.
--The hotel does have a house car you can sometimes make use of for short trips, but it is sometimes unavailable.
--The restaurant in the hotel has some solid food choices and was good quality.

THE BAD...
--I usually try to find at least something less than ideal, and honestly only have one very small thing. The showers are modern and have the cool factor, with a rain shower head in the ceiling and a hand-held sprayer. But they really should have also included a normal shower head. The hand unit, when in it's holder, is at about belly or chest height. So if you don't like rain showers (which I don't), you kind of have to do some funky maneuvering to wash your hair.

VALUE...
--The price points are somewhat high for Milwaukee, but not exorbitant, and this hotel earns every penny of it.

The one bad thing is really very small, and for many people probably won't be an issue at all. I really can't say enough positive things, the place was just great and one of my favorite hotels from recent years of stays all over the country.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor rooms are open to the 1st floor common area, and if there is a party going on, you can...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Migizi

Dear Migizi-

Thank you very much for the detailed review. It is always great to receive feedback from our guest and from your profile I can see that you are an experienced traveler. I am very proud to see that the hotel and stall were able to meet your expectations and provide a memorable experience for you. We hope that you find time to visit us again very soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Didn't expect to find such a great hotel in a city with, frankly, limited good hotel options but this hotel was fantastic by any standards! Funky without being too cool, super friendly staff, great sized rooms... and even the provision of ear plugs for the nearby locomotive track (which I didn't need or use but appreciated the thought!) Their in-house restaurant is excellent and there's a great patio area for chilling out with a drink or two... Highly recommend this to anyone looking to stay in Milwaukee.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear L D-

Thank you for the "great" review and for the recommendation. I think you did a great job of summing up the look and feel of our hotel. I am glad that we measured up well to your standards. Please stop and see us again and if there is ever anything I can do to assist with future reservations please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I loved staying at the Iron Horse Hotel. It has very cool "loft" rooms, great design and interesting artwork. The food at Smyth was wonderful, and time spent at the bar, Branded, was fun. Interesting note: I do not ride on two wheels and my best friend is not 4 legged, but I felt at home at the Iron Horse. The staff made me feel like a friend, not a patron- especially bartenders Joe and John.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bruce C
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Bruce C-

Thank you very much for your genuine review. I am very proud to see that the experience you received here at the IHH allowed you to feel comfortable. I will make sure to share you comments with Joe and John. We will all be hoping to see you again very soon.

brisseeuw@theiornhorsehotel.com