“Excellent boutique hotel for a weekend getaway.”
Review of Iron Horse Hotel

Iron Horse Hotel
Ranked #2 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
“Excellent boutique hotel for a weekend getaway.”
Reviewed 3 January 2011

This hotel was exquisite. The staff was friendly and the atmosphere was great. I would stay again for sure.

• Stayed December 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 January 2011

I traveled from Atlanta to Milwaukee for Christmas, and I was looking for a place that I could spend a lovely evening with a friend. My stay at the Iron Horse exceeded my expectations, because I never had a group of individuals impress me in such a manner as the staff working on Christmas Eve at the Iron Horse Hotel!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Dillon, Colorado
Reviewed 30 December 2010

Our stay was EXCELLENT! The hotel is so beautiful and really lived up to all the wonderful things I had heard about it. The room was great and we just loved the lobby/bar/lounge areas. I would definitely recommend the Iron Horse to friends and family. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Kenosha
Reviewed 29 December 2010

We had a great time. The decor was incredible. They turned a factory into a hotel but kept the appeal of the previous structure; great wood flloors in common areas, exposed brick walls, refurbished wood beams/columns, and heavy duty doors. All of this works seamleassly wrapped within a use of leather, textured surfaces, and warm fabrics. For example, they serve breakfast in a library themed location with low-height filled book shelves, large wood library study tables w/ classic library wood chairs, a fireplace, and an open environment that encurages interaction with other guests while enjoying the large breakfast proportions. The room was large and clean and provided plenty of space for lounging and working simultaneously. The bathroom was clean, contemporary, and spacious. The only area of improvement was the parking. You either have to valet park (which can get pricey) or park on the street (which is inconvenient because its only 2 hr. parking). Overall, great place, service, and amenities. Offers a great alternative to the big chain hotels. Can't wait unitl our next stay!!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Tijeras, New Mexico, USA
Reviewed 22 December 2010

If you have a chance to stay at the Iron Horse Hotel - DO IT! This is a unique place. The room feels and looks like a resort. All of the employees were top notch. From the door man to the manager. Plus it is a dog friendly hotel. We do not own a dog but I love that all family members are welcome. So stay at the "GEM" of Milwaukee. I LOVED IT!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 December 2010

Thank you for the great staff who helped me out when I needed to head to Milwaukee on a family emergency. When I walked in the hotel is when my world hit me and I started crying, the front desk managers James and Christopher were great. They checked me in escorted me to my room and even made sure that I had some extra tissues. The call to see if there was anything else you could do just shows me that you care. Thank you for being my "extended family" when I needed it. I look forward to coming back on a happier note.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank ChazWWisconsin
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 16 December 2010

My spouse and I had a flight arriving late into MKE so decided to look for a hotel to rest before heading to Kenosha to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with family. The Iron Horse looked interesting and after a phone call to test the level of accommodation, we decided to book a night.
We were welcomed with open arms at the front desk, great local options at the bar and an incredibly well appointed room. It was grand and cozy all at once. Lofted ceilings, exposed brick and a sexy mural on the wall created a sense of awe. The walk in shower, dense robes and towels added to the coziness. The common spaces are inspiring and welcoming.
I will stay there again and recommend this hotel with confidence. I travel frequently for business and have seen a lot of hotels in a lot of cities. This is really well done.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple