“Highly recommend this great hotel”

InterContinental Milwaukee
Ranked #26 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Castle Rock, Colorado, United States
“Highly recommend this great hotel”
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Our great experience started prior to our arrival. Resheedn helped us get our room request and was a joy to talk to. We brought her an apple fritter from Colorado to express our thanks. From the moment we checked in, we received outstanding service from Paul. He gave us stellar recommendations for places to eat and things to do. When we returned to the hotel, he remembered our names and was standing at the ready to help us. We felt like old friends. The room where we sayed was clean, very comfortable, and beautifully decorated. The bed was so comfy and the linens were amazing. We stayed four nights. The hotel is in a great location. We were able to park on the street after 6pm at no cost, we simply had to call the city with our liscense plate and car location. The car must be moved by 8am the next morning. Wevalso enjoyed a amazing breakfast at the restaurant in the hotel. We are very happy with this hotel, and the wonderful people including Paul, Resheedn, and Brenda. We are looking forward to when we can come back and stay longer. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alice N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 May 2012 via mobile

I'm not going to get too critical but I have to say this is the first time I've felt that a hotel does not match its rating. The staff were very professional but the room was drab, oppressively beige, and weirdly laid-out. It was spacious, yet the bathroom was tiny. I won't go further and there wasn't anything particularly wrong with the room, but to be honest, you can do better, especially in this hotel class.

• Stayed May 2012
MI
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We normally stay at the Pfister and really missed that ambience. This is a sister hotel. But, what it lacked in that type of ambience, the service staff made up for. The bar staff at CLEAR especially was wonderful. Very attentive and professional. They offered suggestions and were very accommodating. We especially want to say that Rob, Alex and Libby went the extra mile to make us come back three nights in a row (not our intent either!)! The rooms were what you expected and it was clean. Accessible to downtown Milwaukee. I would stay here again. But if I didn't, I'd certainly go grab a drink and a bite at CLEAR.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 May 2012

For some reason this is the first tower hotel I have stayed in that does not have refrigerators in the room. Most places at least of the mini-bar where if you even now open them you get charged and have to fix that upon checkout. This Intercontinental does not have that. The rooms have high ceilings but the walls are paper-thin and you can hear everything. This hotel is near some restaurants and the bar/lobby area is very trendy.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Actually we do have refrigerators. Many of our guests do not care to have them in the rooms, so we keep them in storage awaiting those who ask for one. Please be sure to call down whenever you are in a hotel and would like to have one. Most keep them on hand. Thank you for mentioning our great location and up beat lobby area.
Mauston, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I had the wonderful experience to stay at this hotel for Mother's Day Weekend. The chocolate bar on Saturday evening was superb. The staff are delightful, warm and welcoming and very helpful, particularly Paul Whitlock at the front desk was most helpful with Milwaukee's Mother's Day Events and reserving our beautiful room for this weekend. We enjoyed breadfast in the Hotel dining area and it was out of this world for selection and goodness. I most definitely will stay there again and recommend the place to all my friends.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
What a wonderful family to treat you to such a special Mother's Day, and how fortunate for us we won the pleasure of serving you. I will be sure to give Paul kudos. We are excited that we will have the pleasure of your company again. Until then, cheers!
Evanston, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Large rooms, carefully appointed, and lovely views of the river and downtown Milwaukee. We casually mentioned at the front desk that this was our first visit to Milwaukee, and upon returning to our room later, found a gift basket with cheeses, beers and crackers, welcoming us to the city! Every staff member was courteous and helpful, and the hotel has plenty of amenities, including a small gym, a stylish bar and a top-notch restaurant. We loved it!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 11th floor and had a stunning view of the city.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
I think we have a top notch staff and there is nothing that gives me more pleasure than to have that affirmed by our guests. This review will make one of our training sessions great fun. So very delighted your stay was filled with good memories. We hope we will have the pleasure of your company again.
Aberglasslyn, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I had the fortunate experience to stay at the intercontinental for 3 weeks as part of a business trip. Aside from the fact that my Wifey was back home in Australia- it was like a home away from home. Let me break down some of the features of this hotel

My room- My room was on the 8th Floor. I had a large desk which was a fantastic work station, king bed, large TV, lounge chair and a large bathroom. It catered for my every need and more! When I had friends come up to to my room, they also were thoroughly impressed!

Gym- This facility on the 4th floor is 24 hours and contains more than enough equipment to satisfy any work out. It is a clean facility with a TV for entertainment. Whilst I should have spent more time there, I had much else to do in Milwaukee

Restaurant- The Kilawatt restaurant on the second floor has the most delicious meals. They were very reasonably priced and the service was second to none! I was never left waiting for my meal any longer than a few minutes- the kitchen staff really prepare a fast, filling fantastic meal. I only had enough room to try dessert once- but I have to tell you the banana creme brule was amazing.

Bar- There is a bar in the lobby which is usually very populated. I didn't spend any time here myself but many people used it as a wind down from a long day, or the start to a big night on the weekends

Service/Staff- I can not commend the staff at this hotel enough. Each time I stepped into the lobby I was greeted with by a staff member. The restaurant staff were exceptionally impressive as I found myself arriving at my table, not more than 10 seconds before my morning tea was there to greet me. Each enquiry at the front desk was dealt with rapidly and it seemed that every enquiry become a personal mission of the front desk staff to get the best possible result!

To be honest, there are a lot of people and services at this hotel that I literally miss interacting with (Paul, Maisy, Lucas, John, Travodis to name a few) and I'm very much looking to my return there later in the year.

Do yourselves a favour

Room Tip: The higher up you go, the better the view and less road noise. On the 8th floor there was no road/t...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Barry P
Your kind words have made my day. This review virtually covers what we in the hotel industry strive for on a daily basis. Seldom does anyone take the time to cover all the aspects of a stay. A "home away from home" is as great a compliment as I can imagine. Thank you for writing a review that could be the best advertisement ever. I will make sure to share this review with the staff. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again. Safe journeys, always.