“Overpriced. Poor.”

Ranked #27 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Overpriced. Poor.”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stayed 4 nights here. The room was an exec and split into 3. A lounge area, bathroom in the centre and bedroom. The division made each section small and the lounge area was not comfortable enough to justify the use of the space. Poor design.

I left a toiletries bag in the room when I checked out. I called the following day and was told it had not been found. The hotel immediately focussed on them having no liability. This was all they were concerned about. For a premium brand hotel I thought their response was unbelievably poor.

Room Tip: Don't pay for a premium room.
2 Thank CJMDebyshire
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Dear CJMDebyshire,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at InterContinental Milwaukee. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Beecher, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Came up to Milwaukee for the Kenny Chesney and Eric Church Concert at Miller Park on May 18th. I bought the tickets and he got the hotel. We both brought our girlfriends and each had our own room. First and foremost the hotel staff were excellent. Very knowledgeable and helpful in every aspect. Parking is a bit expensive, but that comes with the territory and can't really complain about it. We got to our rooms and brought a few drinks up with us. We each had a room with a King size bed. Rooms were nice and spacious, but I immediately noticed that this was a business style hotel. Our rooms had a large desk in it. I trusted my buddy to book a nice hotel, which he did, but not a business one. So we had our drinks and I wanted to keep the extra ones cold and I looked for a mini fridge and to no avail did I find one. No mini fridge in the room! Come on! Luckily I had a small cooler that we could put them in and keep cold with ice from the ice machine.
The bed was very nice and big, and looked very comfortable to sleep on. Until I laid down on it. there was a feather style mattress top that, when laying down on it, felt like i was being stabbed with little prickly feathers all over my back and sides. Luckily there were about 5 extra sheets we could lay down first to sleep on, which helped a little for the poking.
We didn't eat at the restaurant in the hotel, but I heard nothing but good things about it. The menu looked amazing though. The bar downstairs near the lobby is very contemporary and upbeat, and also very nice staff. No pool here, but not a big deal.
Overall I liked the stay at the hotel, but would not stay here again. The hotel is more attained to business guests whom may stay 1 night or less.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ken B
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I have stayed at the InterContinental Milwaukee three times for business trips. The hotel is conveniently located downtown, just steps away from the beautiful Riverwalk. The rooms are large, modern and clean. Bed is comfy with nice pillows and a duvet. There is a large desk in the room with several plugs for charging all the electronics that seem to accompany us these days. There is a gym, which is nice, but it's pretty basic with a few treadmills and some weights. Go run along the river instead! Our rate included free wifi and a $40 breakfast voucher for the in-house restaurant (Kilowatt). The restaurant has a nice menu and the food is tasty - both dinner & breakfast. There is also a nice lobby bar for a nightcap.

Wilton Manors, Florida
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Really nice hotel. Great location and central to most everything downtown. Staff is top notch. So why not 5 stars? The music. Yup, loud elevator lobby music on every floor, all night, all day. My room was around the corner from the elevators which is generally no big deal. But with the gap between the door and floor, all night long my room was flooded with Marvin Gaye, KC and the Sunshine Band, etc. Really? Can't there be a few hours after midnight until maybe 6am without a need to blast the tunes? I would have expected more.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We were happy with our stay. The lobby is spectacular. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and courteous. The view from our room overlooked City Hall and was very lovely. One drawback is the hotel parking costs $25. There aren't really any other options but to pay it. There is no pool at the InterContinental, but you may swim as a guest at the Pfister, a few blocks away. We did that and had fun at the Pfister. We were in town for a kids soccer tournament, and would have appreciated on-site laundry, but this hotel doesn't have it.
But overall, we were very satisfied with our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor room overlooking City Hall.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We stayed here on the first weekend in May, while seeing an event at the Milwaukee Rep. Hotel is on Kilbourn Avenue next to the River Walk. It has access from its lobby to the Pabst Theater and Milwaukee Rep as well as City Center; and the River Walk is on its western boundary. We stayed in a King Bed room and we found it clean, sufficiently large enough and quiet. Hotel has valet and self-service parking. The entire staff was professional and very helpful with information, things-to-do, and city information. There is also a bar and restaurant in the hotel.

Room Tip: Tell the hotel staff your a graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, a number of them are...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We there at this hotel for a week because of a conference. I had the opportunity to view the sights in Milwaukee. The bell hops were extremely helpful in directing us to places to see and activities to do. Our room was well taken care of by house keeping. .This hotel is in a great location to see the sights of Milwaukee!