“Charles & Mel 24th Anniversary Getaway”

InterContinental Milwaukee
Ranked #29 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Intercontinental! Dave from the bell staff person was right there to give us maps and tell us about the great places to go in town. When we got back to our hotel that evening, there was sparkling wine, chocolates and a card from the front desk and bell staff. It was delightful. They made us feel welcome right when we arrived, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, we were close to downtown and the nightlife and we had a great time. We would definitely visit the Intercontinental again some day. Thanks Dave for your kindness. Thanks Nadia for your graciousness!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Well, Nadia and Dave will be sure to receive big kudos in our next staff meeting. I am delighted you chose us for such a special time in your lives and that we will be a part of such a pleasant memory. Congratulations on your anniversary, and we are delighted you would chose us again.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

We stayed two nights at the Intercontinental. The first evening we had dinner at the hotel restaurant Kil @ Wat; our meal was delicious and the portion bigger than we could eat. When asked if we'd like to take our remaining food with us we declined saying our room didn't have a refrigerator.
Our waiter, said that wasn't a problem; he could have engineering bring a small refigerator to our room! Before we could get back to the room, the refrigerator was always delivered, plugged in and getting cold.
We drive a Ford Super Duty 350 which sits up higher than most pickups. The clearance going into the parking garage is 6'6" and we were afraid the antenna wouldn't clear. The staff didn't hesitate to offer to get tools so we could remove the antenna. In the end, we weren't able to use the parking ramp.
Additionally, the staff was able to direct us to a nearby parking lot with 24 hr. employee coverage.
The location of the hotel is centrally located to any number of popular venues, restaurants and the riverwalk.
Our room was comfortable, the bed invited a good nights sleep and the internet was included.
As you can tell we thouroughly enjoyed our stay at the Intercontinental. If you're looking for comfort surpassed only by great service this is the place for you!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stayed 4 nights here. The room was an exec and split into 3. A lounge area, bathroom in the centre and bedroom. The division made each section small and the lounge area was not comfortable enough to justify the use of the space. Poor design.

I left a toiletries bag in the room when I checked out. I called the following day and was told it had not been found. The hotel immediately focussed on them having no liability. This was all they were concerned about. For a premium brand hotel I thought their response was unbelievably poor.

Room Tip: Don't pay for a premium room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank CJMDebyshire
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Dear CJMDebyshire,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at InterContinental Milwaukee. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Came up to Milwaukee for the Kenny Chesney and Eric Church Concert at Miller Park on May 18th. I bought the tickets and he got the hotel. We both brought our girlfriends and each had our own room. First and foremost the hotel staff were excellent. Very knowledgeable and helpful in every aspect. Parking is a bit expensive, but that comes with the territory and can't really complain about it. We got to our rooms and brought a few drinks up with us. We each had a room with a King size bed. Rooms were nice and spacious, but I immediately noticed that this was a business style hotel. Our rooms had a large desk in it. I trusted my buddy to book a nice hotel, which he did, but not a business one. So we had our drinks and I wanted to keep the extra ones cold and I looked for a mini fridge and to no avail did I find one. No mini fridge in the room! Come on! Luckily I had a small cooler that we could put them in and keep cold with ice from the ice machine.
The bed was very nice and big, and looked very comfortable to sleep on. Until I laid down on it. there was a feather style mattress top that, when laying down on it, felt like i was being stabbed with little prickly feathers all over my back and sides. Luckily there were about 5 extra sheets we could lay down first to sleep on, which helped a little for the poking.
We didn't eat at the restaurant in the hotel, but I heard nothing but good things about it. The menu looked amazing though. The bar downstairs near the lobby is very contemporary and upbeat, and also very nice staff. No pool here, but not a big deal.
Overall I liked the stay at the hotel, but would not stay here again. The hotel is more attained to business guests whom may stay 1 night or less.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ken B
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I have stayed at the InterContinental Milwaukee three times for business trips. The hotel is conveniently located downtown, just steps away from the beautiful Riverwalk. The rooms are large, modern and clean. Bed is comfy with nice pillows and a duvet. There is a large desk in the room with several plugs for charging all the electronics that seem to accompany us these days. There is a gym, which is nice, but it's pretty basic with a few treadmills and some weights. Go run along the river instead! Our rate included free wifi and a $40 breakfast voucher for the in-house restaurant (Kilowatt). The restaurant has a nice menu and the food is tasty - both dinner & breakfast. There is also a nice lobby bar for a nightcap.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Really nice hotel. Great location and central to most everything downtown. Staff is top notch. So why not 5 stars? The music. Yup, loud elevator lobby music on every floor, all night, all day. My room was around the corner from the elevators which is generally no big deal. But with the gap between the door and floor, all night long my room was flooded with Marvin Gaye, KC and the Sunshine Band, etc. Really? Can't there be a few hours after midnight until maybe 6am without a need to blast the tunes? I would have expected more.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We were happy with our stay. The lobby is spectacular. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and courteous. The view from our room overlooked City Hall and was very lovely. One drawback is the hotel parking costs $25. There aren't really any other options but to pay it. There is no pool at the InterContinental, but you may swim as a guest at the Pfister, a few blocks away. We did that and had fun at the Pfister. We were in town for a kids soccer tournament, and would have appreciated on-site laundry, but this hotel doesn't have it.
But overall, we were very satisfied with our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor room overlooking City Hall.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family