“Fine Hotel in heart of city”

InterContinental Milwaukee
Ranked #29 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Good staff - very helpful front desk team. Hotel is okay - no club floor - and a bit dated in the rooms. The common areas are very nice - attached to theater building so there is a lot of movement before and after shows. Lobby bar was good - once again nice staff. Only drawback is the very expensive valet parking - on top of reasonable room rates. Make the hotel expensive very quickly. A few good restaurants within walking distance. I would return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Mentioning the staff twice gives me a great reminder to take into training that service is in fact the heart of who we are and what gets noticed. I am delighted to know that the hustle and bustle of downtown will not deter you from returning. It will be our pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

The rooms were very nice. The staff was superb. The food was great. The location couldn't have been better. I had a problem with my bill where an item from the honor bar was added but when I called and brought this to the attn. of the hotel it was promptly resolved. I hope to visit again soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

It is always rewarding to get a review from a guest who has used so many of our amenities. I am delighted to hear upon finding a problem, we were able to immediately address it to your satisfaction. We hope you get to visit again soon too!

Reviewed 25 October 2013

After reading the room description, I phoned ahead to check if there was a refrigerator in the room for guest's personal use. I was told that there was not, but that the minibar could be emptied for us. I requested that this be done before our arrival.
Check in was swift but our room was not ready as we had arrived early. The hotel called us when the room was ready, but the minibar had not been emptied. This was rectified following a visit to reception.
Unfortunately, I had a list of other complaints regarding housekeeping the following day:
The mattress protector was down-filled, but the feathers poked through the sheets, resulting in a very prickly and uncomfortable first night for my husband & I.
There was a great deal of dust both in the room and bathroom - the sort that had accumulated over weeks not days - especially behind the minibar, on the wall skirting and on light fittings. I am asthmatic, so this is especially irritating. Fixtures in the bathroom were grimy and the floor did not seem to have been cleaned.
All of these complaints were rectified and we were sent a bottle of wine and fruit platter as an apology. This was a nice gesture, but should not have been necessary. I have stayed in many intercontinental hotels on scores of occasions and this is by far the worst housekeeping I have ever experienced.
This is a shame as the room itself was spacious and well furnished, although the bathrooms are in need if a refurb.
The hotel is ideally located in Downtown Milwaukee. there is a great bar in the lobby - Clear - which has an extensive wine list and reasonably priced beverages and delicious bar food.
Breakfast in Kilowatt is excellent, although one morning my husband dined alone and the service was slow. The other 4 mornings, both the food and service were super.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

We work very hard to exceed industry standards, so it is disappointing to hear we fell short in this instance. It is gratifying to know that all problems were dealt with immediately and to your satisfaction. Rest assured these reviews are used to help us grow, improve and in training new staff so standards are kept. Thank you for the kind words about Clear and Kil@wat.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We arrived to the hotel at 3:10 pm and were told our room wasn't ready. We were told the room wouldn't be ready until closer to 5:00 pm.

This was a problem because we had a reception we needed to be at 5:30 pm and still needed to shower and change clothes. We finally checked in to the room just before 5:00 pm and once we showered, etc... we were an hour late for the reception.

We were told too many people were allowed to check in to their rooms early so housekeeping was running behind in cleaning.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Empressw,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I sincerely apologize that you had problems upon check in and room availability. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Visited Milwaukee for the first time and stayed at the Icon Enjoyed my stay so much that when I returned 6 weeks later I decided to stay there again. Great location, walking distance to anything you want. Near riverwalk, restaurants, bars, shopping, and performing arts. Front desk perfect both times wonderful customer service. Lobby bar very nice, good service both at the bar and the tables. Nice rooms, King room on second trip had a separate sitting room with flat screen-very comfortable. Free wi-fi, $25/night in and out parking. Gym with sauna, no pool. Did not eat at Kilowatt restaurant because I was in Milwaukee and the pub fare, comfort food and, of course, beer is what they do well there. Lots of performing arts close by as well as theaters attached to the hotel building itself. Bathrooms could use a little update. Will stay there on next visit.

Room Tip: Join IHG rewards before booking, that is how I got the free upgrade to the executive king room, at l...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

What a wonderful tribute...and it sounds like 3 trips 3 stays the greatest of all compliments in this industry. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and know we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Came to Milwaukee for my first time and the InterContinental was unbelievable. Great location. Attractive lobby. Nice bar with good number of televisions and seating. Amazingly friendly and welcoming staff that always seemed in a terrific mood. Great hallways and elevator lobbies. Beautiful rooms! Great views. The MOST comfortable beds I have ever stayed in! Clean furniture. Great television. Beautiful bathrooms fully stocked with high quality products for use.
Parking below hotel was helpful at $25 a day. Internet computer available in lobby as well as free wi-fi throughout.
Over all, I can't say enough about what a great experience it was to stay at the InterContinental. I was so impressed at how beautiful it was from lobby to room. Very well run hotel that I would recommend to everyone every visiting Milwaukee. The best part of staying here would have to be the 6 inch down top mattress that you seriously just sink into. 5 star hotel all the way!!
Only item that may sway someone from staying here is that this hotel does not have a swimming pool.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Great hotel,with,very comfortable beds.Service from the front desk was great! We enjoyed dinner at "Killowat",the hotel restaurant.My wife raved about the lamb shank. It was very large,and,came with delicious mashed potatoes,and,gravy. I had pan fried chicken . It was awesome. Crispy skin,and,moist insiide.

We shared a large cesar salad. It was different,and,quite average.I had mushroom soup which was delicious. For desert,we shared a small lemon pudding tart with mint oil.That was very good. ..We will return to this very nice hotel.Excellent location in downtown Milwaukee..

Room Tip: Ask for a king deluxe
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple