“Outstanding Location!”

InterContinental Milwaukee
Ranked #30 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This modern hotel is located right in the heart of the city. It's in a fabulous location, has a great staff of helpful people and very nice rooms.
Kilawatt restaurant, Clear Bar all nice. Real Chili close by, great late night food.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice recommendation of our hotel, Kil@wat and Clear. It is always rewarding to hear when a guest has such a positive experience especially when using so many of our amenities. It was our pleasure serving you.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Took a weekend in Milwaukee and stayed at the Intercontinental,
Will be staying again.
Price was excellent for the location and quality of the hotel.
Employees very warm.
From the valet, to front desk, bar tenders, wait staff all great.
food in the restaurant was exceptional for dinner and breakfast.
The bed was heavenly comfortable.
We did not want to get up in the morning.
The hotel accommodated our request for late check out which gave us a few extra hours to enjoy the city without being hurried.

Room Tip: Join the IHG rewards club before making reservations. if you want an automatic room upgrade join th...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Knowing it won't be your last visit is the greatest compliment we get in our industry. Thank for for mentioning so many of the departments in this review as we do use this for training purposes and, of course, sharing it is always a morale booster for hard workers! We look forward to having you on property again! Please be sure to ask if there is anything you ever need to make the stay more comfortable.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stayed here for the Veteran's Day long weekend and enjoyed it very much. The rooms were large and comfortable with a king bed and separate sitting area. Despite having a large sporting event down the street for the 3 days I was there, the hotel was exceptionally quiet at night. This is a huge factor for me in determining where I stay. I mean it was eerily quiet. Maybe I was just lucky but I'd stay here again just for that reason. The lobby staff was courteous and professional. My only negative comment would be directed at the housekeeping staff. Forgetting to clean my room 2 nights out of 4 but taking the tip money I left is pretty sorry. All in all though, the experience was a good one.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am happy to know you were pleased with the room but dismayed about housekeeping. Please know this review will be taken into account at our next meeting as clearly this is not an acceptable standard.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

My second visit to this hotel. I wasn't as impressed this time as the previous stay, but I was sick when I checked in so that could be why. The rooms are nice and clean (if you don't look too closely) and the service is always perfect. In the rooms, the furniture and decor was nice enough, but the room itself is starting to look tired and rundown. I will say that I hate throw pillows in hotels so the two that were in the room were two too many. I had their room service for breakfast and it was decent enough. I do wish they'd call up the InterCon in Chicago and ask them how to make better scrambled eggs though. I was going to order dinner from them, but the vegetarian options on their menu were scarce and not very appealing.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

I am sorry to hear you were sick when you last stayed with us. If that happens again, please call down as the kitchen is very good about accommodating those types of situations. I appreciate despite feeling awful you still mentioned our service was perfect. Our staff works hard at meeting the needs of our guests. Hopefully the next time you're in town we will see you.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

For the time frame we were there, all was very nice. Price were very good for the location and what we got. Went to Kilawat for breakfast every morning. Nice choices and cook correctly. Could not have ask for a better location. Rooms were clean and comfortable.The best way to enjoy the area in and around the Hotel is leave your car parked and explore by walking. Parking gets very pricey in Milwaukee and the Hotel itself. The only negative thing I can say about the Hotel is that the prices can jump up pretty high depending on what is going on (events) in a given time frame.
It's the old supply and demand that comes into play. I would stay there again, with no problem if the price is right.

Room Tip: Chose a room on the Kilbourn Ave side. Very nice view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

It is always gratifying to hear everything is nice. I am delighted to know you frequently Kil@wat, as well as, taking time to explore our downtown area. Thank you for writing this review and we do hope the next time you are here we have the pleasure of your company.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I am a loyal Trip Advisor user and IMG points member. I planned a weekend getaway and tried to do the research. Booked room at reasonable rate, platinum IHG member (and Marcus Points) I called after reservation, stated romantic night. I did get a room upgrade (not top upgrade) asked for a city view room, but got a view of the roof top and the side of neighboring building. Room was clean and sharp. Bed was outstanding. TV Remotes, did not work, called front desk, took over 90 minutes for maintance man to show up and said yes, these remotes are cheap. Went out the town, ate a Kilawat, visited downstairs bar. Nice night, but not the TOP flight experience other fellow Trip Advisors experienced. I did mention some issue at check out, when asked, and she front desk, said yes, but please understand we are swamped and have a huge business week coming up. FYI - Parking is $25 - $32 a night.

Room Tip: East side if your best bet at a city or street view (and a non roof or brick wall view). Like many...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

I appreciate your comment that the room was sharp and the bed was outstanding even though the view wasn't quite what you had hoped. We are committed to every guest having a good experience and are happy you had a nice night and hope we have the chance to serve you again.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

My wife surprised me on 11/2 with a stay at your hotel following a promotional exam. One things she surprised me with was my favorite dish from Kilawat the "puffed Brie." She knows this is my favorite but found out that it was not available for individual room ordering. The person she was speaking with found the head Chef (I forget his name) and told my wife he was willing to make an special accommodation for us.

When we arrived it was delivered to our room by Miguel. At this time my wife and I were both very happy and I got the overwhelming sense that he was happy that we were so happy. He asked where we were from and what not and we thanked him as he left. But then he came back a few moments later with 2 glasses of champagne for us. I was personally very touched that he went out of his way to do this for us who were on the 8th floor.

I hope that the head chef and Miguel receive some recognition for participating in that awesome night for my wife and myself. Not to mention the overall staff was amazing as well as the stay as usual.

THANK YOU!
Jordan Ponder
jcponder@gmail.com

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

What a wonderful surprise for a spouse to give and how lucky we are to play a major role. I am delighted to hear our Chef and Miguel were able to add an additional element of excellence to the stay. Yes, this will certainly be shared, and we hope we have the pleasure of your company again soon.