“Worth every penny!”

Ranked #26 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Worth every penny!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is a beautiful hotel with excellent staff. The food at the hotel is great as well as the restaurants that are on site. The valet staff is top notch. We had a great time and will definitely be back

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for taking time to write this review. Your gracious words will certainly be a joy to share with the staff. We look forward to your return.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location for events at the Marcus center and not that far from the Bradley Center and Water Street restaurants. The check-in process was smooth and our room was nice and quiet. The rooms could use an update as the tub/shower had chips in the porcelain which had discolored. The staff was helpful directing us to restaurants in the area as well as the nearest Starbucks.

• Stayed March 2014
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for mentioning the convenience of our location, but more importantly for taking time to mention the helpfulness of the staff. As we outlay our plans for improvement these reviews help us determine what our guests would like to see us prioritize. We appreciate you taking time to write this review and hope to have the pleasure of your company again.
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here one weekend and had a great time! We were seeing a show in the attached Pabst Theater, so that was extremely convenient. Self-parking and check-in were easy and fast. Our room was very clean and I really like the separate sitting area. We spent some time in the bar and I appreciated their choice of beers - great to see! We also grabbed an appetizer in the hotel restaurant. We split the quesadilla and planned to grab dinner later, but it was big enough that we were both filled up. The bed was super comfortable, except that I prefer thin pillows and couldn't find one in the room. When we returned home, we realized we left a phone charger in the room. I called Housekeeping and they found the charger and mailed it back to me at no charge. Excellent customer service - and exactly what I've come to expect from IHG properties. Next time we're in Milwaukee, we'll definitely consider the InterContinental first!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kevin A
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to right such a great review about your recent stay. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed it and had great interactions with our staff along with the opportunity to dine in Kil@wat. We look forward to serving you again.
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Perfectly nice hotel in a good location in central Milwaukee. Helpful staff, clean and comfortable room, and a good base for walking around and exploring the city. We didn't stay for breakfast so I can't comment on that, but everything else was nice. Underground parking available.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
So delighted to hear your stay was pleasant, and you had time to explore our city. Always like hearing the staff was helpful as they are the heart of the industry. We hope to see you again the next time you venture into Milwaukee.
Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed on the 8th floor in a kind g executive suite. The room is beginning to look old. Corners dirty, Televisions are flat screen but like the year 2000 style. Housekeeping knocked on our door at 9 am to see when we were checking out. I was sound asleep. I think that is uncalled for. I paid for my room until check out time. Let me sleep in on a Saturday. It was fun climbing out of bed wondering why we are being disturbed. Just not impressed. I will return to the IRON HORSE next time we visit MKE.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Each one is looked at closely and all are used for training purposes either to reward or retrain. It is never easy to hear we failed to meet the standards we set for ourselves and our guests, but we will use this in both staff meeting and trainings.
LI, New York
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Whoever does the hiring at this hotel should be commended. Every person I encountered from the valet to the front desk to the restaurant staff was helpful and friendly and knowledgeable. Special note should be taken of Andrew at the front desk. What a gentleman! I was only there for one overnight, but each time he saw me, he addressed me by name. I don't know how he did it. He was truly a help and an asset to the hotel experience.

Room Tip: Comfortable, friendly hotel. Breakfast was very good and fairly priced. Will definitely return to...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Wow, thank you for writing a review. It makes me very proud when guest comment about my staff as I think they are wonderful. I will make sure to give Andrew the accolades he deserves. We hope to serve you again in the near future.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This hotel Rocks!!! The Location is awesome, the Lobby is amazing, the rooms are clean, and the beds comfortable. But the staff, that is why I loved this place, I checked in with Andrew he was helpful and did what ever he could to give me what I needed.

The location is great, walking distance to some good restaurants, the hotel restaurants was awesome, the bar was fun not stuffy like most hotel bars. To be honest the next time I am in town I won't bother looking for another hotel, I will stay here everytime!

Room Tip: We had 5 rooms, they were all consistently amazing!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
I agree...location, lobby, rooms and beds are important to a comfortable stay; but staff is what can put a stay over the top. I am anxious to see Andrew to share your review as well as taking this into our next training session. Thank you so much for sharing your experience, and it will certainly be our pleasure to see and serve you again.