“Excellent one night stay - downtown Milwaukee”

InterContinental Milwaukee
Ranked #26 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Excellent one night stay - downtown Milwaukee”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Enjoyed my stay at the InterContinental Milwaukee. I had a King room, and I liked the private sitting area separate from the bedroom. It was nice to relax, mix a cocktail, and watch a little TV without having to do so in bed. Room was very quiet, didnt hear anyone on the floor. Also bed was very comfy and the room was clean. Check in-out was very easy. Hotel was accomodating with directing us around the city. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor to get a good view of downtown Milwaukee
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
This is exactly the review we all get excited about receiving. I am delighted that everything was to your satisfaction, and we will certainly look forward to your next visit. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
North Salt Lake, Utah
Reviewed 8 June 2014

There are two things I really love about this hotel and many more to really like. The decorating throughout the hotel, meeting rooms, lobby, bar, and rooms is beautifully done in a modern blonde-wood, very clean styling, making the whole atmosphere elegant and enjoyable. The second thing I really liked was that the service was attentive and friendly throughout (although there wasn't table service in the bar, but I have legs, I can walk up to a bar to get a drink). Other things I appreciated were the value and the location, close to several very walkable areas, including an easy walk to the lake. Beds were comfortable, the shower was hot and high, and the view was pleasant. The Zen Den is a great and fairly quiet place to have a drink, while the lobby bar rocks with live music and crowds enjoying the wares of the chocolatier. For me the only cons, easily overlooked, was that my very nice room (600) was close to the ice machine so there was a little noise from that, and maid service was not very thorough during my stay with used glasses left sitting out and the bathroom unswept. As I said, I loved the hotel enough to overlook these little things and would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 00, such as 600, are beautifully appointed but close to the ice machine. On the oth...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank diinslc
Thank you for all the positives you shared about us. It is always refreshing to see ourselves through someone else's eyes. As for the "little things," it will be brought to the department's attention as we strive to offer the best in every area; and frankly, these reviews assist us in helping make that happen. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I just returned from a 5 night stay at the Intercontinental in Milwaukee but I was there on business so I cannot comment on the value of this hotel because my room was paid for. To make things simple and easy to read, I will break down this review with a "Pros" and "Cons" section to get an idea of this nice hotel.

Pros:
This a nice 10 story hotel right in the heart of downtown Milwaukee. You are right on (or right off) the river-walk in Milwaukee and you are nearby many restaurants and bars in the city. There are also a few bars and restaurants on the property and a full menu for room service. I can't comment on the quality of any of the food because I did not eat during my stay, I can say they looked nice in terms of decoration and ambiance and they were busy almost every time I walked past them. The rooms are a decent size and have a small living room area with a sleeping area with a tv in both areas. The staff at the hotel is very friendly and attentive, this was a plus during my stay.

Cons:
The bedding is not up to par for a 4 star hotel in my opinion. The pillows and mattress were nice but the comforter and make-shift duvet cover and sheets need to be replaced. Also, the bathroom is very plain and very basic. The shower is ok but after a shower the drain would take 5-10 minutes to drain the water fully. Lastly, and this wasn't a huge deal, the A/C worked way better in the living room than in the bedroom portion. There would be a 5 degree difference just walking down the hallway. I like to sleep in cooler temperatures during the summer months and the bedroom would just not get as comfortable as the living room.

All in all, I did enjoy my stay at the Intercontinental and it was not a short one. The bathroom bothered me the most and the bedding could be improved but I would return to the Intercontinental but I would suggest a different room. It's a good location, nice hotel, great staff, and has everything you need in a downtown hotel. If you are traveling to Milwaukee on business or leisure this place suits both. Give Intercontinental a look.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MNVikings2011
I appreciate the time it took to write this review. Thank you for mentioning the staff as they are the heart of our hotel, and it is always good to have positive things to share that get noticed by our guests. I do hope you notified someone about the shower. We also have added new linens to our stock so our guests can enjoy those nice pillows and mattresses better. We hope the next time you're in town we will have the pleasure of your company.
Maryland
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel is an excellent value. The rooms are very nicely decorated, clean and the price is very competitive. The staff was very friendly and the hotel bar was also very convenient. One of the notable cons is that the room does not have a mini fridge.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
So happy you enjoyed the bar and liked the service provided from our staff, as well as, the comfort of the room. We do keep mini fridges for our guest who would like to have one. Simply ring the front desk and they will be happy to have one delivered. Thank you for your patronage, and we look forward to your next visit.
Florida
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel has a great downtown location, nice rooms, and friendly service. I stayed here for a couple of nights on business, and I was very satisfied overall. The next time I'm in Milwaukee, I'd be happy to stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
The next time I'm in Milwaukee, I'd be happy to stay here" is the best endorsement we can ask for. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We look forward to your continued patronage.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Only negatives are the parking is pricey at $25 per night since it's in a non-hotel owned garage and there is no pool for the kids. They do have a pool access with a relationship with the Pfister Hotel, which is a short walk away. We used hotels.com and got a great rate, so might be worth checking the discount hotel sites.

Staff was friendly and it is conveniently located near food & the arenas.

Stayed May 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 May 2014

What a lovely stay with a great view looking over red arrow park and city hall! My sister and her husband surprised us with an overnight downtown as a stay-cation ! Then, the hotel surprised us with adjoining rooms and a nice upgrade! The room was definitely designed with the business traveler in mind but it was comfortable and the bathroom was huge with a nice glass shower (but no tub). The lobby is chic and service very friendly! It's a little strange that there isn't a spa or hot tub which would may have given this hotel five stars. Parking at $32 a night is a little spendy for Milwaukee but not outrageous.

Room Tip: Corner luxury king was spacious with great views!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends