“Great hotel, great location, great night's sleep!”

InterContinental Milwaukee
Ranked #31 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We booked the Intercontinental when we were attending a concert up the road. We had a top floor king room with great windows/views looking east. Desk staff were extremely pleasant and nice whenever we had to interact with any of them. No problems or rudeness at all there. Location could not be beat. The room itself was very nice, though furniture showed some signs of wear/age. While it was still nice, it could use a little sprucing up - and I say that only because of the prices of these rooms. The price was steep but for a "downtown" location, it is comparable to other hotels in the area.
I do recommend stopping by the restaurant in the hotel for breakfast. It is top notch with surprisingly affordable prices. Overall, pleasant stay, great sleep, quiet room while in the middle of downtown Milwaukee. Definitely would consider staying here again if needed!

Room Tip: Do grab breakfast in the hotel restaurant - it's both tasty and affordable!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura I
BryantJB, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you! My service team and I are dedicated to creating a great Guest Experience, and I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed our team. We truly work hard to care for our guests and I know my team appreciates hearing their successes!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,113)

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The room layout is not functional and is in need of updating. The lament on the doors is pulling away from the frame. There was ripped wallpaper in the bathroom. There was mold in the bathroom grout. The sink area was also not very clean. I called to have my room serviced and for the room service dishes to be removed at 9:00AM and returned to my room at 6 PM to find it in the same condition I left it. I called in another request prior to leaving for dinner. After I returned from dinner at 9:30 the bed was turned down but the dirty dishes remained. I did not have an issue with paying for parking in the city and Wi-Fi was free. Overall, not what you would expect from an InterContinental.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

I'm so sorry that your stay didn't meet your expectations, it is truly disheartening, as our guest experience and satisfaction is what we work hard to deliver. I will take your experiences and share them with my Housekeeping and Food & Beverage teams so we can further train our associates and be sure situations like yours are not repeated.

Thank you for your review, I truly appreciate all feedback.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed in one of the two Pink Rooms. A donation is made to breast cancer research and you also get a $20 gift card to the hotel bar. The location lets you easily walk to restaurants or the riverfront path. I also liked how parking was directly underneath the hotel. My only complaints: rooms need a fridge. Also the bathroom could be better taken care of. The tub was scratched up, and the vent had a thick layer of dust on it. Those things wouldn't keep me from staying here again though.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Chicagolefty,

Our PINK ROOMS have been a huge success, and all for a brilliant cause! Were you able to read the story behind them? It's a brilliant story, deeply rooted with members of our Hotel family! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and will return! I have sent your comments regarding the vents to my Director of Housekeeping and I think you'd be happy to know, we are working to get refrigerators placed in all of our guest rooms!

Thank you for taking your time to comment on your stay, and I look forward to welcoming you back to MIlwaukee!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

front office staff awful, don't even know how to handle Platinum elite guest. Anyway I don't care for that. rooms were more awful. "oooh god.. no minibar, no fridge". Called room service for ice, took 80min for the delivery.

breakfast at restaurant was amazing but expensive,

hotel is surrounded by few local restaurants & clubs and also back area has water lake.... good for sigh seeing.

Lobby bar servers were very good at their jobs and very professional.

Recommended for only those who has got no hotels to stay, can stay here for short while or overnight

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Manpreet K,

Thank you for advising us of your dissatisfaction towards our Front Desk service. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience or negative impression this might have caused you. I understand why you are disappointed, let me assure you that this is not our usual level of service. Our management has taken note of this and proper action has been taken to ensure that situations of this nature will not reoccur in the future. Again, thank you for all your comments which help us identify areas of improvement. We hope to welcome you back to be able to demonstrate to you the true InterContinental service.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Enjoyed my stay at the InterContinental Milwaukee. I had a King room, and I liked the private sitting area separate from the bedroom. It was nice to relax, mix a cocktail, and watch a little TV without having to do so in bed. Room was very quiet, didnt hear anyone on the floor. Also bed was very comfy and the room was clean. Check in-out was very easy. Hotel was accomodating with directing us around the city. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor to get a good view of downtown Milwaukee
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

This is exactly the review we all get excited about receiving. I am delighted that everything was to your satisfaction, and we will certainly look forward to your next visit. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

There are two things I really love about this hotel and many more to really like. The decorating throughout the hotel, meeting rooms, lobby, bar, and rooms is beautifully done in a modern blonde-wood, very clean styling, making the whole atmosphere elegant and enjoyable. The second thing I really liked was that the service was attentive and friendly throughout (although there wasn't table service in the bar, but I have legs, I can walk up to a bar to get a drink). Other things I appreciated were the value and the location, close to several very walkable areas, including an easy walk to the lake. Beds were comfortable, the shower was hot and high, and the view was pleasant. The Zen Den is a great and fairly quiet place to have a drink, while the lobby bar rocks with live music and crowds enjoying the wares of the chocolatier. For me the only cons, easily overlooked, was that my very nice room (600) was close to the ice machine so there was a little noise from that, and maid service was not very thorough during my stay with used glasses left sitting out and the bathroom unswept. As I said, I loved the hotel enough to overlook these little things and would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 00, such as 600, are beautifully appointed but close to the ice machine. On the oth...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank diinslc

Thank you for all the positives you shared about us. It is always refreshing to see ourselves through someone else's eyes. As for the "little things," it will be brought to the department's attention as we strive to offer the best in every area; and frankly, these reviews assist us in helping make that happen. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I just returned from a 5 night stay at the Intercontinental in Milwaukee but I was there on business so I cannot comment on the value of this hotel because my room was paid for. To make things simple and easy to read, I will break down this review with a "Pros" and "Cons" section to get an idea of this nice hotel.

Pros:
This a nice 10 story hotel right in the heart of downtown Milwaukee. You are right on (or right off) the river-walk in Milwaukee and you are nearby many restaurants and bars in the city. There are also a few bars and restaurants on the property and a full menu for room service. I can't comment on the quality of any of the food because I did not eat during my stay, I can say they looked nice in terms of decoration and ambiance and they were busy almost every time I walked past them. The rooms are a decent size and have a small living room area with a sleeping area with a tv in both areas. The staff at the hotel is very friendly and attentive, this was a plus during my stay.

Cons:
The bedding is not up to par for a 4 star hotel in my opinion. The pillows and mattress were nice but the comforter and make-shift duvet cover and sheets need to be replaced. Also, the bathroom is very plain and very basic. The shower is ok but after a shower the drain would take 5-10 minutes to drain the water fully. Lastly, and this wasn't a huge deal, the A/C worked way better in the living room than in the bedroom portion. There would be a 5 degree difference just walking down the hallway. I like to sleep in cooler temperatures during the summer months and the bedroom would just not get as comfortable as the living room.

All in all, I did enjoy my stay at the Intercontinental and it was not a short one. The bathroom bothered me the most and the bedding could be improved but I would return to the Intercontinental but I would suggest a different room. It's a good location, nice hotel, great staff, and has everything you need in a downtown hotel. If you are traveling to Milwaukee on business or leisure this place suits both. Give Intercontinental a look.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MNVikings2011

I appreciate the time it took to write this review. Thank you for mentioning the staff as they are the heart of our hotel, and it is always good to have positive things to share that get noticed by our guests. I do hope you notified someone about the shower. We also have added new linens to our stock so our guests can enjoy those nice pillows and mattresses better. We hope the next time you're in town we will have the pleasure of your company.