“ENJOYED OUR STAY AT THE CROWN PLAZA”

Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #21 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
minnesota
“ENJOYED OUR STAY AT THE CROWN PLAZA”
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Bed and pillows comfortable. Room clean. Husband used the fitness room. Liked the spinner. Did not use the pool or hot tub. The restaurant was a plus. Price was right and it may have been because it was March. Could not afford to stay there during peak times.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank erameram
CrownePlazaMKE, Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, 13 May 2011
Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. When you are looking to return, even during peak times, we do offer some great deals online and directly at the front desk. We would love to have you back at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 February 2011

My husband, myself and another couple recently stayed at this hotel to utilize the park and fly. We arrived around 8:00pm and check in was a breeze. My huband and I have stayed here once before to use the park and fly and that's why we decided to stay here again.

The rooms are very nicely updated and I really like staying in rooms with flat screens (which the Crown Plaza has). The beds and pillows are comfortable and I like the fact that they have a linen spray, ear plugs and an eye mask. The only negative would be the size of the bathroom. The vanity is very small and if you have two people trying to get ready at the same time, it doesn't work. There is a mirror and table outside of the bathroom, but the lighting is so dim that it is impossible to use. Also, I couldn't find any outlets by that mirror.

We ate in the restuarant and the food was good, had a couple of drinks which were tasty, but expensive which is typical of hotel bars.

The shuttle was ready and waiting to take us to the airport and they gave us a card to call when we needed them to pick us up after our trip.

When we arrived back to the airport after our vacation, I called the hotel, and the shuttle was there within 10 to 15 minutes.

I would recommend this as a very nice, easy place to stay if you need to stay someplace close to the airport.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. Our Park and Fly package is one of our most popular, as we are only 2 miles from the airport and our shuttle runs on demand 24 hours a day. We hope to see you again on your next flight out of General Mitchell International Airport or just for a relaxing weekend.
Plymouth, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 December 2010

I had a quick stay here before an early flight out of Mitchell International Airport. The hotel was clean and the staff was efficient and friendly.

I took advantage of their Park n' Fly program. My car was safe in their lot and the shuttle was prompt and had me to the airport in less than 10 minutes.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank coso333
CrownePlazaMKE, Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, 15 December 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We appreciate all feedback and are thrilled that you found our hotel comfortable, efficient and friendly. We look forward to seeing you again at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport.
Lake Oswego, Oregon
Reviewed 19 November 2010

A truly pleasant hotel experience. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and stylish. If I didn't know better I would have thought I was in a boutique hotel in New York. The service was 5 Star! The staff was welcoming, helpful and professional. The room was well appointed, comfortable and quiet. Dinner at the restaurant was awesome. I could not have been more pleased with my stay and should my travels bring me back to Milwaukee, I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 18 November 2010

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza while visiting family in Milwaukee. I was impressed with the room and common areas and especially with the fine service from the staff. Will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2010
Racine, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 November 2010

As the one responsible for planning a 50 person family gathering, I dealt directly with several hotel staff, each one more pleasant and helpful than the next. From the supervisory level to the front desk and kitchen as well as housekeeping, our entire family was treated like we were their family. Rooms were clean, well stocked, comfortable and convenient. The location was perfect as several of us came into the Milwaukee airport (making the hotel shuttle service a real plus). Food was excellent, from the catered dinner to breakfast. Above all, service couldn't have been better. Staff in every area anticipated and met the needs of all 50 of us. We will be back.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank anniversary502010
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 November 2010

My husband and I stayed one of our two nights in Milwaukee at this Crowne Plaza and had such an atrocious experience, we had to check out and go to another hotel!

It was Halloween weekend and when we came back to our expensive, and quite hotel from Friday night - the parking lot was packed and their was the loudest music I've ever heard being blasted through the lobby! There were hundreds of teenagers dressed in costumes that left, lets just say, VERY LITTLE to the imagination (picture nipple pasties and thongs only) walking completely trashed all over the lobby and standing outside drinking and smoking. We went upstairs to our room after asking the desk clerk how long this was going to go on, to which we were informed UNTIL 4 AM! In our 4th floor room, you could feel the walls vibrating and couldn't hear anything but the bass and the drunk kids wandering the hallways and sitting down on the floor when they got too tired. We asked if the top floor was any quiter, so they moved us up (one floor) to right above the party, which was even louder.

The desk told us the only thing we could do was wait till morning for a manager to come in. I don't think so! I wasn't about to attempt to sleep there! We called the 1-800 number and they were very helpful, called the hotel, made them call in their manager and move all of the guests not associated with the party to another IHG property, a Holiday Inn Express, right down the street.

You may think this was an isolated incident, but I would never stay here again because of the bad judgment of the management for letting this take place in such an expensive establishment, where people are expecting a quite weekend. If this is the way they run a business, I want no part of it. Will never stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alley_gator773
CrownePlazaMKE, Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, 8 November 2010
On behalf of the entire management staff at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport I would like to apologize for your experience on the night of October 30th. We definitely did have a group of unruly adults in the hotel for a Halloween party on the holiday weekend. We did our best to control the crowd, but realize that it was not at all an acceptable or enjoyable evening for any of our other guests. We issued refunds for that night to all guests who voiced a concern and we will not be hosting an event like this in the future. Our number one concern is complete guest satisfaction, as I hope is evident by the multiple positive comments on this website along with our #1 ranking for Overall Satisfaction among Crowne Plazas in North America. I know our Guest Services Manager was in contact with you throughout the evening and did completely refund your stay and find alternate accommodations at a sister hotel. Again, we greatly apologize for your experience and hope you will give us another chance to impress you.

Regards,