“Not worth the extra money!”

Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #21 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Dallas, Texas, U.S.A.
“Not worth the extra money!”
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Chose this hotel because of the relatively good ratings. Check in went well and was able to get the price down $10.00 using my AAA discount however, $132.00 including tax was way too much for an airport hotel. Room was pleasant and standard for this type of hotel. There was a pool, a restaurant and bar. However, they wanted an $8.50 rip off charge to use the so called business lounge computers for a few minutes and, $10.00 to use the wireless keypad computer in the room. This is way too much when you consider that many chains don't charge any fee at all! Parking was OK and it was about a 7 minute drive to the rent-a-car return area at the airport. I would advise those who don't like being ripped off to choose another hotel, if you don't mind being gouged then stay here!

Room Tip: Read more reviews and double check what is offere!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank packersbacker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 May 2011

Great location if you are flying out of MKE airport. I am Platinum Priority Club member and was upgraded to a nice junior suite that was newly remodeled and very nice. Ate lunch in the bar and was very satisfied with the meal. Had the catfish poboy which was surprisingly good (as I am from the south and know good catfish).
Overall, great hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
CrownePlazaMKE, Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, 13 May 2011
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to write such a nice review. As a Priority Club Platinum member you must travel frequently and your opinion is greatly valued. We know you have lots of choices in the Milwaukee Airport area and thank you for choosing to stay with us.
minnesota
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Bed and pillows comfortable. Room clean. Husband used the fitness room. Liked the spinner. Did not use the pool or hot tub. The restaurant was a plus. Price was right and it may have been because it was March. Could not afford to stay there during peak times.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank erameram
Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. When you are looking to return, even during peak times, we do offer some great deals online and directly at the front desk. We would love to have you back at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport!
Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 February 2011

My husband, myself and another couple recently stayed at this hotel to utilize the park and fly. We arrived around 8:00pm and check in was a breeze. My huband and I have stayed here once before to use the park and fly and that's why we decided to stay here again.

The rooms are very nicely updated and I really like staying in rooms with flat screens (which the Crown Plaza has). The beds and pillows are comfortable and I like the fact that they have a linen spray, ear plugs and an eye mask. The only negative would be the size of the bathroom. The vanity is very small and if you have two people trying to get ready at the same time, it doesn't work. There is a mirror and table outside of the bathroom, but the lighting is so dim that it is impossible to use. Also, I couldn't find any outlets by that mirror.

We ate in the restuarant and the food was good, had a couple of drinks which were tasty, but expensive which is typical of hotel bars.

The shuttle was ready and waiting to take us to the airport and they gave us a card to call when we needed them to pick us up after our trip.

When we arrived back to the airport after our vacation, I called the hotel, and the shuttle was there within 10 to 15 minutes.

I would recommend this as a very nice, easy place to stay if you need to stay someplace close to the airport.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. Our Park and Fly package is one of our most popular, as we are only 2 miles from the airport and our shuttle runs on demand 24 hours a day. We hope to see you again on your next flight out of General Mitchell International Airport or just for a relaxing weekend.
Plymouth, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 December 2010

I had a quick stay here before an early flight out of Mitchell International Airport. The hotel was clean and the staff was efficient and friendly.

I took advantage of their Park n' Fly program. My car was safe in their lot and the shuttle was prompt and had me to the airport in less than 10 minutes.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank coso333
CrownePlazaMKE, Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, 15 December 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We appreciate all feedback and are thrilled that you found our hotel comfortable, efficient and friendly. We look forward to seeing you again at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport.
Lake Oswego, Oregon
Reviewed 19 November 2010

A truly pleasant hotel experience. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and stylish. If I didn't know better I would have thought I was in a boutique hotel in New York. The service was 5 Star! The staff was welcoming, helpful and professional. The room was well appointed, comfortable and quiet. Dinner at the restaurant was awesome. I could not have been more pleased with my stay and should my travels bring me back to Milwaukee, I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 18 November 2010

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza while visiting family in Milwaukee. I was impressed with the room and common areas and especially with the fine service from the staff. Will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2010