“great breakfast buffet”

Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #23 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 7 November 2013

One of the nicest breakfast buffets I have seen anywhere. They change the food choices enough each day to keep things interesting. Very nice restaurant. They are serving at 6:00 a.m. Its great to have a nice breakfast early and be on my way. Great staff at the front desk {Maureen} and at the restaurant {everyone}.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Clint W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Bill W:

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport as your hotel of choice when in the Milwaukee area. We greatly appreciate your comments regarding our breakfast buffet and the service you received from our team members especially Maureen.

We are also in the process of further improving the appearance of the buffet and further changing up the variety of options that are offered on a day to day basis. I think you will even think higher of our breakfast buffet when the changes have been implemented.

Thank you once again for taking time out of your day to post a review on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed only one night here but found this to be a very nice property. They offer a free shuttle to the airport and surrounding area. We arrived around 1am and had the shuttle driver take us to George Webb down the street so we could eat. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. The property is very clean and has a pool, jacuzzi, fitness and business center. The exterior can be deceiving as it seems as if it is an older hotel, but once inside it will not disappoint. Rooms are large and come with a coffee maker. Next to the front desk they have a pantry area with snacks and toiletries.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Traveler J:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experiences at our hotel during your recent trip to Milwaukee. Its always great to hear how our team members are able to provide our guests with the special attention that they so deserve.

You are correct that the exterior of our hotel can be deceiving and it is indeed an older building. We completely renovated the interior of the hotel and opened as a Crowne Plaza in August of 2009. I think you will find our hotel to be the nicest upscale hotel in the Milwaukee Airport market.

I also wanted to let you know that we recently completely revamped our gift shop to include many more items since your last stay.

Thank you once again for your kind comments I will be certain to share them with our entire staff.

Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel probably 50 times in the past 6 yrs. I am writing this as I'm sitting at the hotel lounge. If you want to stay near Milwaukee, but not downtown, this really is the place. The food here is restaurant quality great! 8 times out of 10 I will eat here instead of going out. (The other 2 are because you have to have some variety!)
But their food selection is very good-
Sliders are great, specials are great, cod dinner is great!
Enjoy!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Clint W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Ryan:

Thank you so much for providing great feedback regarding the food at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. I would also like to thank you for your continued patronage of our hotel whenever your travels bring you to the Milwaukee area.

I was very happy to see that you dine with us so frequently and like the food and service that you receive. We have also rolled out a variety of daily specials that I think you will also enjoy. We have also rolled out a new program called "steak by the ounce" where you get to choose exactly how many ounces you would like your steak to be.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport the next time your travels bring you to our area.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Great service was provided by John at the front. Initially I had several issues that concerned me. However John was attentive, professional and courteous. Charles the bar tender was Second to None. He recommendation were superb. His conversation was enjoyable and entertaining. Charles is an excellent bar tender. I look forward to my next stay

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Clint W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Amy:

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to post such wonderful comments about your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. We truly do appreciate it when guests provide honest feedback that we can celebrate with our staffs for a job well done.

I will make certain to show your comments to our entire staff especially John and Charles.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Just a quick overnight stay for a baseball tournament. Hotel staff was super friendly and welcoming. I was worried when I pulled up as I thought the hotel would be a dive, but much to my surprise when I walked in the hotel was very nice. Good price and close to the fields. The rooms were nicely decorated and very clean. The only downside, the doors slam when closing. Imagine a very large baseball group (13-14 yo boys) in and out of rooms with doors slamming all the time. Other than the doors, would recommend

• Stayed: October 2013
Clint W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Dear valued guest:

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport while in yown for your baseball tournament. The hotel was completely remodled in 2010 and we are looking at revamping the landscaping next spring to truly highlight the hotel.

I will make sure to share your kind comments about the service you received with all of our associates. I will also speak with maintenance abouy adjusting the door closers so that they no longer slam.

Thank you once again for choosing the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

They renovated this hotel a few years back. It was obviously an extensive makeover. The rooms are nicely decorated. There are two types of rooms that I've had there. One is a suite setup with a sitting area separated from the bedroom area by the bathroom and closet, the other is a conventional setup room. While the rooms look good the beds are rock hard. It is a shame because otherwise they are great rooms but the sleep horribly. The AC units are a bit loud. Bathrooms are cramped in the standard rooms but good in the suites. The towels are inexplicably hidden under the sink on the bottom shelf which isn't convenient when coming out of a shower.

Front desk staff is generally pretty good although there have been exceptions in the past. Transportation from the airport is haphazard at best. Sometimes you get picked up promptly, other times not so much and then all you get is excuses and accusations that you didn't call.

The in hotel restaurant, Altitude, has some nice food. I recommend it for either a beer or dinner. The location is nice in regards to the airport but otherwise I'm not sure it is the best.

Room Tip: Go for the suites.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Clint W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Crjdrv:

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to post honest feedback regarding your previous experiences at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport.

We truly value your feedback and rest assured we do take it seriously. Its the honest feedback from guests such as yourself that help us improve our service and operations at the hotel.

My official start date at the hotel was October 14th and I would love to hear some further observations from yourself regarding your previous experiences. Please do not hestiate to contact me directly at cwills@crowneplazamke.com.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I came to Milwaukee on business and was lucky enough to have Maureen check me in to the Crowne Plaza hotel at the airport. The hotel is great but Maureen made the normally drab check-in one of the best experiences in my career of traveling. She was courtious, kind and so helpful it was unbelievable. I arrived late from meetings and she welcomed me to the hotel and checked me as quickly so I could have a chance to unwind. She sugggested as I was completely worn out I might try the hotel restaurant as the food was delicious and the staff very helpful, she was absolutely right. I travel to the area rather frequently and although it is not the nearest hotel to my meetings I wouldn't stay anywhere eles as long as the folks are half as pleasant as Maureen. I don't noramlly write reviews but as Maureen was so kind and helpful I could not go without relaying this message to the powers that be. If there is an employee of the month program she has my vote. Thank you, Terry Morris (Please share with Maureen.)

Room Tip: Ask for Maureen, if there is a way to help she will do her best to improve your stay.

Dear Terry:

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to post a review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

A smile came to my face when I read your review mentioning how wonderful Maureen was during your entire check-in process. At the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport we pride ourselves on providing exceptional service throughout the entire hotel and I'm happy to hear that we lived up to not only our own expectations but yours as well.

I will make certain to share your kind comments with Maureen and the rest of the staff.