“Great Staff!”

Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #21 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I wanted to give a shout out to Vanessa Miller who works at the Front Desk, she went above and beyond to help me with meeting needs that I had. I need over 100 pieces copied as well as faxed and she did this happily for me. Makes business travel so much easier to have such wonderful support.
thank you Vanessa!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Clint W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Stacy S:

At the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee airport we truly strive to help our guests with whatever needs they may have in order to make their vacation or business trip as successful as possible. The Crowne Plaza brand actually has the vision of enabling our guests to Travel for Success. The fact that Vanessa did such a great job assisting you with your copying needs shows that she truly cares for our guests and their needs.

I will make sure to share your kind comments with not only Vanessa but the entire staff to celebrate her success.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I had a group of people coming from several cities in the US and Mexico.....travel was complicated by bad weather, but, the staff at the Milwaukee Airport Crowne Plaza made our experience quite pleasant. Due to luggage issues, several had to request amenities from the hotel....all requests were handled in superb fashion. The front desk check-in representative was extremely efficient in handling a large group late at night. Our Sales contact, Katie McGinnis, was a blessing.
The Club Room on the 5th floor provided a Continental breakfast to wake everyone up and allow a quick exit.
Only comment from some was that a hot service (it was cold outside!!) would have been really appreciated. This hotel is clean, comfortable and ultra convenient to the airport...we will be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Clint W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Charlie Q 69:

I was so happy to read your review about your groups recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. Here in Wisconsin we know how much of a pain weather can bring to our lives and the fact that our staff was able to take very good care of your group during bad weather was music to my ears.

Katie McGinnis is truly a star in our sales department and I'm glad that you got to experience her excellent customer service.

We look forward to welcoming your group the next time you are in Milwaukee.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We chose this hotel because of it's close proximity to the airport, parking and shuttle. We were sadly disappointed by almost all aspects of the stay.
1. We were given a room that was ALREADY OCCUPIED - this was shocking not just to us but the couple that we walked in on!
2. We were given drink tickets for THAT inconvenience - our drinks and appetizer evening ended up in the bar/restaurant. Likely some of the SLOWEST service ever. I believe our appetizer and drinks evening - TWO HOURS! We had to calculate the tab from the menu so we could leave...as we had a very early flight the next day. We continuously tried to hail the waiter with no avail!
3. When we returned tired and exhausted from travel, the shuttle NEGLECTED to pick us up - We had to call THREE TIMES. Each time we were told that the driver misunderstood the instructions to pick us up at customs international gate and was at gate FOUR instead. We were the very LAST travels to be picked up....all of the other hotel shuttles had picked up within 20 minutes after the flight. Some came more than once.

The room itself was comfortable, clean and was a reasonable cost but the main reasons why we choose this hotel - THE SHUTTLE!

Room Tip: OK stay if you DON'T plan to use the SHUTTLE SERVICE!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Georgie912

Dear Georgie912:

Thank you for providing such honest and valuable feedback regarding your recent stay. I apologize for the inconveniences that you had to endure and want to assure you that they are rare at our hotel.

Although I cannot pinpoint the date of your stay on Trip Advisor I believe it was on a night when our occupancy surged 35% in the day for the day. This is a very rare event and unfortunately it found the hotel understaffed. We have spoken to our entire management team about this situation and put plans in place to ensure that when occupancies do surge this much over such a short period of time we can have upper management alerted asap so that staffing levels can be adjusted.

Once again thank you for choosing our hotel and I hope that you can give us another try the next time your travels find you in Milwaukee.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

First let me say how great the sleep I had here was, thanks to the extremely comfortable bed and pillows - definitely head and shoulders above other properties nearby the airport area.

Otherwise this is an older and fairly average Crowne Plaza, nothing really outstanding or terrible either. The hotel has been through an obvious renovation, the bathroom in my room was nice and modernized and so were the furnishings and decor generally speaking. There were two things I found not to be that great here in the room I stayed at on the 5th floor (top, club), however.

Despite the fairly recent painting, there were a several stains on the walls, as if things had been spilled or splashed, as well as two areas that appeared to have spackle on them for no apparent reason (this stood out on the green paint on the wall). These things seemed like they would be simple to clean up, so I don't know why they weren't as it really detracted from the appearance of an otherwise modernized room. Also some old water stains on the ceiling.

The room tended to be very cold - this was winter during a very brutal cold snap - because the old window and sliding patio door just don't have the insulation or newness needed to keep up and cold air liberally seeps through. I had to keep the heater and fan on constantly, and i am usually not a cold person. Hopefully the hotel will consider renovating or replacing this in future.

Stayed on the club floor and the continental breakfast and "lounge" (a former hotel room it seemed) were nice. The lady who ran it was nice.

Room Tip: Top floor is club floor - same rooms but you get a free continental breakfast & some evening sna...

Dear Hotel Reviewer:

Thank you for providing us with such valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwuakee Airport. I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed a great nights sleep while at the hotel. In fact as comfortable as you felt our bedding was when you stayed with us we are completely changing our bedding package in mid March to include new higher threaded sheet counts, new pillows, bed skirts etc.

We opened as a Crowne Plaza about 4 years ago and at that time completely renovated the previously branded hotel. We find that we have the nicest upscale hotel in the Milwaukee Airport area.

I apologize for the markings on the green wall in your guest room. We are actually in the planning stages of replacing that wallpaper with paint in order to make it a focal wall and allow our maintenance staff to touch-up more frequently when damaged.

Once again thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. We look forward to greeting you the next time your travels bring you to the Milwaukee Airport area.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

i recently had the chance to stay at your hotel and i must say that your food was truly yummy.. we had the breakfast buffet and to our surprise we were able to be seated early before anybody else.. Alex our server had told us that the breakfast cook Matt was just about to put out the buffet i had the breakfast burritos that he had made and other goodies that were on the buffet It was well worth the money to get the buffet. Thank you again for allowing me to get served early Alex and Matt!!!

Room Tip: worth getting the buffet lots of choices and friendly staff
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank s t
Clint W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear S T:

I was so glad to read that you enjoyed our food offerings so much during your stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. Matt does a great job coming up with specials to add to our buffet so that guests staying more than one night can experience a variety of different items.

I have shared your kind comments with our entire staff especially Matt and Alex.

Thank you once again for choosing the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

This was the first time to this hotel, however I have stayed at other Crowne hotel.

The decor was slightly old, but still very comfortable. The meeting room was even temperature, comfortable chairs and where the drink/ food was stationed, it was within a reasonable walk . The beverage station was always, full and warm!!!!

My room, a king suite, was nice. My one compliant, there was an air draft from the slider door, I even thought it was open at one point. I was not thrilled at the bedside phone placement, but the area housing a king bed did not allow many other choices.

The breakfast was full of many choices, eggs evenly cooked and amble amt of fruit. The host and waitresses were ideal. Our evening choices met the fare, I would have preferred more sandwich choices. The service, one lady, was beyond great, although I think she could have had help serving the main dishes. She knew the menu well, offering her choice while still backing the main menu selections.

The main desk and shuttle was professional and friendly. The one fault, a small 'gift' shop . I would suggest playing cards for a minimal price.

I had heard of the option to stay one night , park a private vehicle and be shuttled to the hotel. I thought this was a terrific service for travelers. My one compliant of the whole experience, I asked and was charged for the concierge room but the open hours did not work with my stay, knowing this I would have expected a refrigerator in the room.I feel the booking process should have alerted to this issue. Overall, if the group choices this venue again, I would be very happy to return in 2015.

Dear Slainte23:

Thank you so much for providing such great feedback regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. We were so happy that you decided to move your group to the Crowne Plaza and that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to hosting your group next year and will share all of your kind comments with our entire staff.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

While visiting my family in Milwaukee I had an amazing stay at your wonderful establishment. From the moment I checked in Vanessa and Jeff at the front desk were very polite. It was my birthday and on the tv in my room said Happy Birthday. My friend and I went into the club that night and met Joni very nice woman. We had breakfast in the restaurant the next morning and had the pleasure of meeting Julie and Jen. Jen was very pleasant she's from Montana just like us so we talked alot about everything. Julie was great she took us on a tour of all the banquet rooms since we were interested in having a family reunion maybe sometime this year. Because of how pleasant both Julie and Jen were we had breakfast in the restaurant each morning. We had the buffet the food was amazing as well as the kitchen staff Tom, Jason, and Matt.
In the evening we had dinner and drinks Erica was our server very nice to us and our 10 year old niece. Our niece liked her and Joni so much she made them both loom bracelets. We also had the pleasure of meeting 2 of the best bartenders ever Charles and Paul. We also went to the club another evening and met Samantha she was very nice and polite.
The first day we were there the hot tub wasn't working we were very upset but than Jerry the maintenance man reassured us it would be up and running shortly and it was. We had the pleasure of meeting Elvis in the restaurant very nice man. Clint the GM even introduced himself to us. We also met Joya through passing in the hall it was a pleasure talking with her very sweet woman.
All week the customer service was great completely 5 stars from all the staff. Thank you to everyone for making our stay so memorable. We will definitely be back when we come back to Milwaukee. I also told all my facebook friends how amazing everything was.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Clint W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Caroline Z:

Wow! Thank you so much for posting such excellent feedback regarding the service you received while staying at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. We pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service to each and every guest and the fact that you were able to remember all of those staff members truly means that we lived up to our own high standards.

I will make certain that all members of our team see your great feedback and celebrate success together.