“A Real Surprise”

Ranked #21 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Gunter, TX
“A Real Surprise”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here because I couldn't get a room downtown. Good clean rooms, food was very good and everything was priced good. Indoor pool and free parking another plus. Free Airport shuttle. Lobby bar plus bar in resturant

Room Tip: Top floors have a balcony
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Clint W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear CarnivoreGunter_TX:

I'm so glad that you chose to stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport when you were unable to find a hotel in downtown Milwaukee. Many people are pleasantly surprised when they stay in the Milwaukee Airport area. We offer complimentary parking and shuttle service and the area is much nicer than other airport areas throughout the country.

Thank you for the great comments I will be sure to share them with our entire staff.

Clint Wills

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Blackstone, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Great customer service starting with initial reservation, check-in and overnight stay. I had an early return flight the following day and decided to stay over in Milwaukee the night before. I read reviews for the Crowne Plaza and decided to give them a try. Great customer service throughout. Very clean. Super comfortable beds. Reasonable rates. I will definitely stay there the next time I'm in Milwaukee. Lee H.

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor right off the lobby. Very convenient but still nice and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Clint W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Lee H:

Thank you for not only choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport but for also taking the time to place such a great five star review!

At the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport we strive to provide "One Step Ahead" service to each and every guest. I'm very proud of our staff for succeeding in welcoming you to our hotel and providing you with a great service experience.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel because our flight had been cancelled and we got a lot more than we bargained for. The woman at the front desk, Maureen, was so sweet and when we told her that we were staying in Milwaukee again because our flight home was cancelled she gave us two tickets for a complimentary breakfast. We ate in the hotel's restaurant that night and it was absolutely fantastic. Erika took great care of us and was so sweet. The manager Rachel came over and spoke to us about why were staying in the hotel and asked us how our meals were. And they were delicious. My husband went for a swim in the pool and said that it was a little chilly, but that it was nice and clean. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed being stranded in a city for the night.

Room Tip: Room with double beds are very spacious.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Aubrey V:

I'm sorry to hear that your plans were changed due to a cancelled flight but am delighted to say that you enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. Its never fun having all of your plans changed at the last minute, however i'm truly delighted that our staff welcomed you to our hotel and took care of your every need.

We look forward to greeting you the next time your travels find you in Milwaukee (hopefully voluntarily).

McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 17 May 2014

All the things you want in your hotel. Location, airport shuttle, quiet & clean room, friendly staff, bar/restaurant, and to top it off - a magnifying makeup mirror in the bath! After a miserable 2 night stay at a downtown hotel, this was a welcome night's stay. I would highly recommend the Crowne Plaza!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Clint W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Lisa I:

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. I'm so glad that we were able to help you enjoy your time in Milwaukee after a less than desireable stay at another hotel. Many guests comment how accessible the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport is. We are just a short drive (10 minutes) from downtown Milwaukee and are within a 10-15 minute drive from all major destinations in the city of Milwaukee.

We look forward to greeting you to the Milwaukee Airport the next time your travels find you here.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I would recommend this hotel to future guests. The facility is very nice and well taken care of. I appreciated the smiles at the front desk everyday and their willingness to help me find restaurants and attractions in the area. Very helpful! I loved the exercise and pool area as well. I haven't seen free weights in a hotel exercise room in a long time! I am grateful I was able to stay at this hotel for the past 3 nights.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators. They can be a little loud.
Dear Jim P:

Thank you for your great comments and the five star review regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. I think we have the best front desk team in the Milwaukee Airport market. We always strive to provide "one step ahead" service where we truly try to serve all of your needs.

I will make sure to share your kind comments with our entire staff.

Janesville
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We did their park/ride/fly special & everything was great from the location, friendly staff, room and comfy bed. We had a very comfortable night sleep in the room. It was quiet & it got dark in the room which made it easy to get enough sleep before our 6 a.m. flight the next morning.

The shuttle driver was not only on time, but very nice.

We have stayed at other hotels in the same area, but we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Roxane E:

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport the night before your trip and utilize our Park and Go package which offers convenient shuttle service to and from the General Mitchell International Airport..

I'm so glad that you had a good nights rest before such an early flight. In April we actually replaced all of our bedding in the entire hotel. Crowne Plaza is also known for our Sleep Advantage program which includes a guaranteed wake-up call and an aromatherapy kit in each guest room.

We look forward to greeting you the next time your travels bring you to the Milwaukee Airport area.

Greendale, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were just taking a night away to celebrate an anniversary. Had a wonderful experience from the moment we walked through the doors. Front desk staff were welcoming and when they found out it was our anniversary they treated us even better. Had dinner and breakfast in the restaurant within the hotel, delicious food, great service from our servers (Erica especially), had cocktails in the lobby lounge and had a very engaging conversation with the bartender Silvi, then had a late night snack at the bar and was very pleased by the manager Rachel who was dealing with an unruly group of children that were disturbing the other guest. Treated to a breakfast upgrade to a warm breakfast by the morning desk staff Jeffrey. All in all, one of the best hotel experience we have had in a long time and we will for sure be back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Clint W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Tammy D:

Happy Anniversary!

I was so happy that you chose the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport as the hotel to celebrate your anniversary at. Thank you so much for the kind comments regarding our staff and service at the hotel. We strive to provide exceptional experiences for each of our guests and I'm glad that we succeeded during your stay.

I will be sure to share your kind comments with our entire staff.

Clint wills