“Great Place”

Ranked #21 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Monroe, Wisconsin
“Great Place”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Hotel very clean and freindly staff from the front desk to the resturant people very good food, to the club room on the 5th floor especially Jeanne she was there to help and serve was all freindly and helpful, we talked about my pets and her Gretchen.

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor and it was quiet and sunny the suite was large anything you could want was i...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Clint W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Lois H:

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. It is especially refreshing to see you mention Jeanne in our club lounge. She truly does everything in her power to ensure that each and every guest that visits her in the club lounge is treated like royalty and starts their day off right.

We look forward to seeing you the next time your Travels find you in Milwaukee.

Clint Wills

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Elmhurst, Illinois
Reviewed 29 July 2014

From the moment you walk into this hotel you are made to feel like family. From Maureen at the front desk with her friendly smile to Kathy in the lounge on the fifth floor it just feels like home. Then when Erica or Yaleni brings up your food from room service your night is complete.

Room Tip: Next to the lounge!
Dear Droral90:

Wow what a great review! Thank you so much for your five star review about the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. Our team truly attempts to provide excellent customer service worth remembering. The fact that you can specifically name four of our associates means that they did a fantastic job.

Thank you so much for your recognition of their efforts I will be sure to congratulate all of them.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Kathy Krause in the club room makes the stay worth while. She makes it so welcoming and inviting for everyone. She is there to help and serve. I find myself sitting there talking beyond the hours of service because time flies by. I travel for work and she is simply the best. Thanks Kathy!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Norel83:

Thank you so much for your 5 star review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. Kathy does a great job in our club lounge and truly loves what she is doing. Our guests look forward to staying at our property just so they can see her and catch up on their personal lives and what has been going on.

I will make sure to share your kind comments with our entire staff and especially kathy.

Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 28 July 2014

At 7 Pm my flight to NY was cancelled and I had to book an airport hotel.
This seemed like a reasonably priced solution, so i took it.
Crowne Plaza hotels vary dramatically in quality and rating.
I would rate this as a 3 star hotel with all the basic amenities and a bunch of packaged food if the restaurants are closed, although the bar was still active til late.
My main issue was the AC which wasn't central, rather a large floor unit, which was quite noisy.
Otherwise, as I said, it was OK and served the purpose.

Dear yacovk:

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your honest feedback as it truly is the only way that we can improve. We look forward to greeting you the next time you find yourself in the Milwaukee area.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We broke down and were forced have our vehicle dropped off at a dealer for almost a week now. We would have never stayed at this hotel otherwise but we are sure glad we did. We met some great people. One worker in particular was Kathy Krause. She was our guest services provider. Kathy was an amazing worker with an outstanding attitude. Her outgoing personality had the entire VIP lounge socializing and laughing for the entire time it was open. There truly is nothing like great customer service. I would come out of my way to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Clint W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Burnzie1390:

I'm sorry to hear that your vehicle broke down but very happy to hear that Kathy and the rest of our staff were able to make the situation more palatable by providing you with exceptional service. Kathy truly is one of our all stars and does a great job providing excellent service in our executive lounge.

We look forward to greeting you the next time your travels find you in Milwaukee (Hopefully for better reasons next time).

Viroqua
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed here after our nephew's wedding reception. The price was very reasonable for the area and convince. I would highly recommend this hotel for your wedding needs. Very nice room for the reception too!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary H
Dear Mary H:

Thank you so much for choosing the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. I'm glad you enjoyed your time at the reception and everything at the hotel was to your liking.

We look forwarding to serving you again the next time your travels find you in Milwaukee.

Golden, Colorado
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Was here for a client visit downtown (last minute booking), and everything downtown was booked solid for a convention. With that said, I'd stay again.

First and foremost, the staff was superfriendly - I got in near midnight on Monday night, and the staff was welcoming and helpful. The next morning, I was being picked up by a colleague, but probably looked a bit confused (I generally look confused). Someone came over and asked how he could help, which was very nice.

The free wireless was very good - I hate the hotels that charge you a lot for your room and then tack on extra for wifi that turns out to be inadequate. This was a strong signal (and my room was at the end of the hall, so probably the furthest from the router) and easy to get work done and replicate e-mails I had written on the plane.

The bed was very comfortable. I had reserved a king bed, which they were out of when I arrived, so I ended up with two queen beds (I used one for me and one for my bag).

The free coffee in the lobby was very tasty and got me revved up for my meeting.

This is a common plaint that I have about hotels these days, but there's just not enough real estate around the sink. When I'm putting my contact lenses in in the morning, I'm always worried that one is going to fall either into the sink or into the toilet that's right next to the sink. The hot water in the sink was tremendous, although the stopper didn't work (I had to hold it closed to keep it closed, which made shaving a challenge). The light in the bathroom was also a bit dim.

I should have known better and put my do-not-disturb sign on my doorknob (so this one is on me), but be warned that the cleaning staff starts promptly at 8am, and if you're first on the list, they're going to be knocking on your door. They were super friendly (see above), but I'll know better next time.

Anyhow, this hotel is a good value for the money, and I'd stay again.

Dear Mary H:

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. I will make sure to share your kind comments with our entire staff.

Clint Wills
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milwaukee
Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Hyatt Place Milwaukee Airport
Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport

Been to Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!