“Good value for money” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
“Good value for money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Stayed here night before U.S. A. national triathlon. Staff was friendly and accommodating. They even did the breakfast an hour early so athletes could participate. Clean room but beds seemed saggy in middle.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay at our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and breakfast. I will take your feedback and insure we are providing the most comfortable beds by doing a routine check on mattresses. It is with regret your bed was not of the utmost comfort.
Once again we thank you for your comments and hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Daytona Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

This is a late review following our US road trip last summer. We stayed at this Sleep Inn in July 2012. The good: the rooms were roomy and comfortable, and the hotel was close to the city.
The bad; obviously poorly trained and uncaring managers.
As my wife and grandson entered the hotel, my wife tripped on the entry mat. Walking behind her I saw her fly into the air dropping out camera and the other bags she was carrying. While laying flat on her back, the desk clerk just gave her a dirty look, never inquiring if she was hurt or helping her in anyway. Luckily, she was only bruised, and I helped her off of the floor and to our room. Later, one of the girls from housekeeping (Jennifer) came over to help, showing more class than her managers.
Later that evening my wife wanted to wash clothes in their laundry. The evening manager would not give her change, and sent her to Wendys across the street. While washing clothes she noticed water pouring out of the washer and informed the manager. He was busy playing on the computer and told her he would take care of it. When retrieving her clothes later, the entire floor was flooded.
My grandson wanted to swim in the pool and the door was locked. When my wife asked the manager about it, he said it would be open soon, as they had to make a payment first!!!
He later unlocked the door, but when asked about towels, he said he would get some but never did.
Unfortunately, none of the managers in this hotel were doing their jobs. Dirty buckets of water were just sitting in the halls as well as other cleaning tools. No one was cleaning anything.
This hotel to change managers badly, as well as provide them with some common sense training.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Thank you for forwarding your comments regarding your stay last year. We have changed management (I have been here since the end of Sept 2012) and a large number of staff since your stay. It is with regret you did not receive the level of service we strive to provide each and every guest.
I do hope you will consider returning should you come to the area and experience the new staffing and service you should expect from our property.
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

WE checked in for our two day stay. the person at the desk was ornery. The room itself was clean comfortable and had a good exterior view. Next day when we came back in the afternoon, our key card did not work. We checked at the desk and a different employee provided us with a new key. Yet, we noticed that the room had not been cleaned or the bed made. Complaining at the desk they were surprised. The manager showed up, extensively apologized and gave us plenty of towels. Asking for details she confirmed who was the person registering us the previous day and said that employee had just been fired. Next morning during breakfast she approached us, apologized again and told us we have been taken care of. Checking into our credit card I see we have only been charged for one night. Thanks.
The breakfast was good, Wi.Fi worked very well and the air conditioning unit was efficient and surprisingly quite. This hotel is a very good choice very near the airport but quite and with extreme easy access to downtown.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank martinezcm
TLCH38, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you for completing a review of our hotel. I am pleased to learn your experience with us was positive and we were able to rectify the issues you had.
It is our goal to provide superior customer service and we do hope that you will return in the near future.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

We live in a very noisy apartment building and wanted a quiet place away for a night. Read the reviews and thought this would do as we knew the area. Check-in was easy, the girl put us on the 3rd floor when we said we wanted quiet. Room was great, although there was a stain on the bed sheet. Everything was fine until the next morning when at 6am, the towel person slammed the doors across the hall and next door...waking us up. And slammed each door not once, but 3 times. Impossible to get back to sleep so checked out breakfast. Woman running it was rude and snotty which didn't make a good impression after another employee woke us up. For this we could have save $114 and just stayed home. NEVER AGAIN!!!! And they need to fix those doors...someone's going to lose a finger with the way they slam shut.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank John M
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I have addressed your concerns with the particular staff members as outlined and assure you corrective measures have been taken. I apologize you did not received the quality of service we strive to deliver to each and every one of our guests.
We do hope you will allow us the opportunity to accommodate you in the future and gain your trust back as a guest.
Oak Lawn, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

The Sleep Inn was a very nice Budget priced hotel. The staff was very friendly, the room was clean and comfortable, and the hotel is about 10 minutes from the Downtown area. The Breakfast was good, the bed was comfortable, the A/C worked wonderfully and the shower had very good pressure. I would definitely stay again!

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy to pass on your feedback to our staff. Your comments allow us to maintain or improve on area within the hotel and are most appreciated.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
McHenry, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

Nice hotel and easy access to the airport. We always stay here when flying out of MKE. Very friendly staff that is helpful. Pool is small but clean and comfortable. Lots of fast food choices nearby.Oakland Gyros is always good.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay at the hotel. We strive to exceed the expectations of our guests and I will certainly pass on your comments to our staff.
Thanking you again and we hope to see you again soon.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Check-in was smooth and easy. I came in with some coworkers and while we were originally assigned to different floors, the staff offered to switch the rooms to enable us all to be on the same floor. I like that the room included a small refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and free wi-fi. I also enjoyed the free breakfast that had a variety of options including waffles, sausage links, boiled eggs, yogurt, cereals, fresh fruits, and juices. The staff working the dining area in the morning was courteous and periodically checked in to see if my coworkers and I needed anything.

I was particularly happy to receive a "Do Not Disturb Package" which included shampoo, lotion, soaps, and a garbage bag. I have not received this at other hotels before so this was thoughtful on their part. Usually when I stay just a few nights at a hotel, I put up the do not disturb sign outside my door so that housekeeping doesn't need to bother with making my bed. The exception to this is if I need extra shampoo or lotions that I did not pack. I debated that morning whether I might need more and ultimately decided that since I had only a day left, I would make do with what I had remaining so I put up the do not disturb sign. When I got back that evening, the housekeeper had left the do not disturb package along with a note that said I can contact the front desk if I needed anything in addition to the shampoo, lotion, and soaps that was in the do not disturb package. I really appreciate the little thoughtful things like this.

There were only two things that were not so great. The first is that I could hear the people walking and talking in the hallway. The second is that the air conditioner was a bit loud and continually turned on and off trying to adjust to the temperature. Overall though, I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites. I have shared your comments with our staff which enables them to continue to deliver the best customer service experience possible.
It is with regret you were able to hear noise in the hallways, we walk the hotel throughout the evening/night hours to insure quiet time for our guests, we will keep a closer eye on this.
I apologize your air conditioner was loud and turning on and off. These units are made to be sensored to save energy, unfortunatly, this is not always a benefit to our guests. I will have our Chief Engineer check on the noise level of the unit, this should not have happened and we may need to service it.
Again, your comments and most appreciated and we do hope to see you return in the near future.