“Updated, clean, and affordable”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #24 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
“Updated, clean, and affordable”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We were just passing through the area for the night and found good reviews and a reasonable price on a room. It was updated and had a better breakfast than most places we've stayed (with hot options). Staff was very friendly and helpful! A nice, affordable place to stay!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. We are very happy to learn you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast offering. I will pass your comments on to our staff who truly appreciate your feedback.
We do hope you pass through again and allow us the opportunity to have you as our guest.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Homer Glen, Illinois
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Very Clean Hotel. Attentive staff and easy check in. Great location, quickly made it to and from both Miller Park and Downtown easily.
Pool is as I expected, not very big or too crowded. Surrounded by nice and safe neighborhood too. Recommend.

Stayed June 2014
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for posting a review regarding your experience at our hotel. We are very happy to learn you enjoyed your stay and we met your expectations. Your feedback is very valuable to us and we thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
We hope you will return as our guest in the near future.
Minnesota
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed at the Sleep Inn in Milwaukee for two nights in June 2014 in order to visit the U of W as a prospective student. The hotel has all the standard things you expect in a Choice Hotel property - the comfortable beds, nice pillows, refrigerators and microwaves in the rooms, breakfast in the mornings, WiFi, etc. I was pleasantly surprised by two extras that this hotel had on top of that, though. First, the coffee maker in our room was a larger 6-cup size rather than the standard 1- or 2-cup size and the carafe was metal instead of glass. Second, there was a bowl of sliced strawberries next to the waffle makers so that people could have strawberries on their morning waffles.

Some other things to note: The hotel is easy to get to and is located near several restaurants. There was plenty of parking while we were there and I felt very safe. There was almost no noise to be heard from either outside or inside the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are very happy to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and the "extras" you mentioned. The entire staff strives each day to exceed the expectations of our guests and I will certainly pass on your feedback to them. We thank you for allowing us to serve you.
We look forward to having you as our guest once again in the future.
Chicago
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This property is situated in a quiet area of the city with the exception of some airplane noise. (It is nearby Milwaukee's airport.) It is a newer facility with the doorless shower which I really like. The room was very neat and clean. Bed was comfortable and there were a lot of plug ins for everything you could need. But, the breakfast was lacking. I stayed for two days so when I went down for breakfast the first day, there were now eggs, but there was meat so i thought maybe they just ran out. But, this morning, the same thing, meet but no eggs. I will survive, but a bagle and a sausage is not what I am used to.
The price was very good for the Milwaukee area and it is only about 10 minutes from down town and 5 minutes to the airport.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very happy to learn you enjoyed your stay and we were able to meet your expectations. With regard to breakfast, we do not serve eggs as part of our breakfast offering, Sleep Inn & Suites offer make your own waffles and sausage links. There are other Choice brands that serve eggs but not in the Sleep inn family. I apologize you were expecting this item and hope you did enjoy the other items available. We have expanded our breakfast to offer donuts, a variety of cereals, a variety of yogurt flavors, fruit cups and multiple bagel flavors which many Sleep Inn hotels do not offer.
We do hope you will return to stay with us again in the very near future.
With many thanks.
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel while in town for a Brewers game. It was very nice for a 2 star hotel. The beds, pillows were comfortable and clean and the front desk was very friendly. They were very good about replenishing the breakfast the day we stayed so the food was plentiful. The coffee was always lukewarm so we wondered how long it had been sitting out. The pool is kinda small (in comparison to how it appears in pictures) but it is open till 11pm so we found that to be very convenient. They were kind enough to give us a late check out for one of our rooms. The only real negative we experienced is that the hotel is right across the street from a factory and a trailer park, so its not an area you would feel very comfortable walking around after dark.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor and had no noise issues.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for submitting a review on our hotel. We are very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and we exceeded your expectation of the property.
It is with regret the area was not comfortable for you, I assure you this is a very safe location without issues and hope you will return in the future.
Thank you again for your feedback.
Portage, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Our room was okay. My issue came when we came back with my family from a vacation. We waited over an hour for the sleep inn to pick us up from the baggage claim.....and by the way, they subcontract their pickups and drop offs through RightWay Transportation so they blamed them for the delay and offered no further help. This was inconvenient and not worth the hassle when you consider the hassle of driving to the airport itself. I will find a different park and fly.. I've used other Milwaukee airport hotels before that have their own 24HOUR shuttle service and have been happy.

Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Bob M
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience with the shuttle service on your return trip. We do offer 24 hour shuttle service and we assume the cost for the 3rd party service (Go Riteway) during hours we do not have drivers on staff, we do not have a driver on duty 24 hours 7 days per week but we do insure shuttle service all days/hours. With the construction at the airport, the 3rd party service was severely behind in their shuttles this particular day which rarely occurs, unfortunately, we did not have a driver available to pick you up and I sincerely apologize for the wait.
Should you allow us the opportunity to accommodate you in the future, I can assure you this was an isolated incident that would not reoccur.
It would be our hope you will give us another chance to prove our standard of service and if in fact you do need accommodations in the Milwaukee airport area, please contact me directly and I will personally handle your reservation.
Thanking you again.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I usually go to Comfort Suites or Country Inn& suites ((both on 13th and Collage)) Although I love both I thought that I would give Sleep Inn a try.
I stayed for 2nights... On the first I got no sleep!!!! I could here other guest in the rooms, doors constantly slamming, the traffic from the streets and when I complained about it I pretty much was ignored...
The next night I took my 3year old to the pool... It was freezing!! Not to mention, the pictures "Online" made the pool looked way bigger!! Never Again!! I work hard for my money!!!

• Stayed February 2014
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. I am very sorry to learn you did not enjoy your stay. I will certainly share your comments with our staff to insure we utilize them as a tool to provide the best experience possible to future guests.
Should you allow our hotel another opportunity to service your accommodation needs, I would be happy to handle your reservation personally.
I do hope you will return and experience the standard of service we pride ourselves on delivering.
SIncerely,