“Good choice for a soccer weekend”

Hyatt Place Milwaukee West
Ranked #22 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Carmel, Indiana
“Good choice for a soccer weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

My son had a soccer tournament close to the Hyatt Place. Two teams from our club chose to stay here. The rooms were big enough and very accommodating with a mini fridge, desk and nice size couch. There was a little nook with a closet, vanity and mirror to allow me to get ready outside of the bathroom so others could utilize it. The king bed was quite comfortable. Our room was at the end of the hall and facing away from the highway. I found it to be rather quiet. Others in our group were not so lucky if they faced the highway or were close to the elevator. There is a nice area in the lobby of the hotel to gather. One evening after our late game we brought in Olive Garden for the team and there was plenty of room to set up the food and places for people to sit and eat. The staff were very accommodating and helpful. They have a small bar that serves drinks but it was quite crowded with our large group! I think they were a little overwhelmed. In the mornings, they had a decent selection of breakfast foods and coffee. They do make Starbucks coffee at the bar but I found that was a very slow process. The gentleman who was running that was as slow as molasses. Very stressful when trying to get to the early morning game and you need your caffeine fix! Since we made it to the championship game on Sunday, we didn't play until 2:30pm and the staff allowed all of us to have a late checkout so we had somewhere to rest and relax before the final game. My biggest complaint would be that we did not get towels restocked when they cleaned our room. When you have teenage boys playing soccer, they need lots of showers!! Easy fix though. Overall, we had a great experience at this hotel. Would definitely stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevator and opposite from the highway
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Bradenton, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

We have stayed here 3 years in a row. The room was very nice and clean. The front desk agents were helpful. The breakfast was good, althought they had a hard time keeping up with food and dishes both mornings.
The staff cleaning the rooms had jeans pulled down to his knees and a t-shirt on, not very professional at all. I would expect more from the Hyatt name at the cost of our room.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

I just spent two nights at the Hyatt Place West. I was a little concerned about staying here based on the reviews suggesting that the location was less than desirable. However, it was close to where I would be working.

I found the opposite to be true. There did not appear to be any real issues with the location. In fact, the hotel is just off I-45 and easy to get locate and ample parking. There are several fast food and full-service restaurants near the hotel. I found the front desk staff to be friendly and efficient on the two days I was at the Hyatt.

The breakfast during the week is usually a breakfast sandwich, along with fruit and cereal, On the weekend there were had scramble eggs and sausage links. I checked out of the hotel on Saturday and there were about 100 young people in town for a football game. Most of the food and all of the coffee was gone. Since I was driving a great distance and did not want to wait and eat, the front desk staff insisted that they fix me a breakfast biscuit to go and get me a large coffee...

The hotel room consists of a bedroom separated by a partition with a sofa and desk. There is a 42 inch screen with many channels. The mattress and pillows were comfortable and the furnishings were sufficient. My only complaint (which seems silly) was that the toilet paper holder was about a foot behind the commode; cause one to almost turn around to get some paper. My other issue was with house keeping. After my first night stay, house keeping did not replace the sheets on my bed. They simply made my bed and put two new towels in the bathroom. They did not even replace the two glasses I had used in the room. Also, remember to get hot water turn the facet to the left, not the right! I waited five minutes to take a shower, only to realize that the water is opposite from what is typical.

I would probably stay here again. However, be aware that this is probably a pretty busy hotel for kids sport teams on the weekends. However, the hotel was really quiet and I did not hear ant excessive noise from all the kids in the hotel. It was amusing, when I returned to my hotel late on Friday, there were several 10 year olds setting at the bar, waiting for food!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Borrego Springs, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

A newer facility up to the Hyatt standard. Front desk was efficient and helpful. Lobby, room and fitness gym spotless. Staff well trained. Complementary morning breakfasts were outstanding in both quality and selection. Assistance with some business services was handled smoothly and efficiently.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank thunefeld
Appleton, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Place for just one night. We didn't want to spend a lot of money as we knew it was just a short stay so for $99 we gave the Hyatt a try. Location was fine for us as it was right off the Highway exit. We were very pleasantly surprised by how nice the hotel was. Room was very spacious, well appointed, clean, bed was very comfortable and the staff seemed very friendly. I have stayed in other hotels where I have paid 3 times as much and they weren't up to par with the Hyatt Place. We didn't use any of the amenities such as the business center, wifi, or swimming pool so I cannot comment on that. My husband checked out the fitness center and commented that it had minimal equipment and no television.
In the morning we had breakfast. Very well presented eggs, sausage, French toast, pastries, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit - again better than most hotels that offer free breakfast.
Overall - well done Hyatt Plaza. I don't give out excellent scores often but this one is well deserved. We'll be recommending you to anyone looking for a Milwaukee hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stopped here on a 3 night business trip whilst visiting Harley Davidson.

Excellent room, very large with a divided sleeping and lounge area. Ample wardrobe space, plenty of sockets for charging tech and a simple coffee maker. Air con was effective but noisey, I tended to freeze the room during the day and switch it off at night.

Decent reception with a small bar serving local and national bottled beers and wine by the glass.

Breakfast was fresh and tasted good although there was not much choice. Ample free coffee made up for this, or you could pay for a starbucks coffee from reception.

Wifi was good in reception but on the 3rd floor in my room was non existant.

Only real gripe was the ingress of noise from both the freeway which runs past the hotel and the train tracks on the other side. Train whistles at 4am are not appreciated when you are both tired and jet lagged.

Would still use again with the addition of ear plugs. Still the best hotel near to Harley davidson.

Room Tip: All rooms suffer noise. Select if you prefer the freeway or the trains.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed for a night in June (2014) on a business trip. I really like the Hyatt Place concept - large comfortable rooms, a place to get a drink or a bite to eat, and great Hyatt customer service. I especially like to stay at Hyatt Place when I am traveling for more than one night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business