“Beware!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #27 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This hotel is noisy, rooms are rundown, parking is very expensive, and breakfast is not worth waking up before 10am to have. The pool is very small but not as small as the rooms! Very disappointed. The employees were very nice and friendly but could not do anything to make the room more comfortable as the temperature is fixed, the refrigerator was loud all night, but not as loud as the other guests that were pounding the floor walking by or hearing them through the paper-thin walls. The lobby and common areas are up to date and nice. The exercise room looked nice too. The elevators are fast. This was just not as all that we expected.. very disappointed in the quality of the room, or the quality of the night's sleep we didn't get.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 592lisag
Misty K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

592lisag,

I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are proud to offer lodging accommodations in downtown Milwaukee, however this does mean that our location may be noisier than other Hampton locations. We have recently updated our lobby and public spaces, and plan a complete renovation of our guestrooms and hallways beginning this month. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I hope that you will come back and visit us once we have completed our renovation. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We had a one night stay, They were very friendly at the desk. They helped us when we had questions. We payed $14 for parking even tho the Web site said something else. We had a problem trying to get in the hotel from the parking garage. We kept trying with are key but never worked. We were able to get in the door because someone was coming out from the other side. When we got in are room it was okay, there is no mini fridge. The ice machine was not was not working. The bathroom sink was dirty. The pool and hot tub were small. We did get the breakfast in the morning and it was good. Other than that it was a okay experience, might look for another place next time we stay downtown.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Mike B,

I apologize that you did not experience a 100% exemplary stay with us. I apologize that your room key did not work from the city-owned and operated parking garage; I do know that extreme weather conditions do have the ability to effect its functionality, and I apologize for this. I am sad to hear that you found your room in any other state than 100% clean. Please reach out to me personally, as I would like to give you another opportunity to come visit us and experience our Hamptonality. Thank you for your review and I hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

My son and I stayed for one night to attend a concert at the Riverside. Hotel staff was nice. We used the valet parking just because we got in late and I was tired and I felt worth the $25.00. After the concert we had birthday cake in the lobby with friends and there was room to visit without feeling like we were intruding on other guests. The breakfast was good and had a variety. My only complaint was that the only working ice machine was on the 6th floor. I did not figure this out until I went to floor 2 and 4. Really the best part was the location to the Riverside. Easy in and easy out of Milwaukee. We had a great time.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Misty K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Victoria,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear that our location worked perfectly for your needs. We hope to see you again for your next event at the Riverside Theater.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

worst value for the dollar I have ever spent. the carpeting was ripped and nail strips were sticking through the carpeting. we had to lay towels over just to walk around the room. The pool was about 8 feet wide, no fun for the kids. I will never spend 160 dollars a night to stay there again. I will stay else where and drive in.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Heather,

I am disappointed that you did not thoroughly enjoy your stay with us. I am even more disappointed that I was made aware of your dissatisfaction though an online survey and an online review, as opposed to a personal phone call or email, and that we weren't given the opportunity to make things right for you before you left our hotel. While I cannot change the size of our pool, when we learned of your report about carpet tacks, the Chief Engineer immediately went up to your guestroom with your husband to resolve the problem. We thought that we had resolved the problem and did not hear anything else about it when our Front Desk Supervisor followed up with your group the next morning. I apologize that the service that we provided was not friendly enough that you felt comfortable enough to voice your dissatisfaction in person. As my Front Desk Supervisor has already said, we are very sorry that you did have an exemplary stay at our hotel. Please feel free to call me if you would like to discuss your stay in greater detail.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I decided to stay at the Hampton and not the hotels that were being offered through my conference because The Hampton offered complimentary breakfast and wi-fi everyday and is only a short walk from the convention center and the price was comparable to the discounted conference rate at the other hotels that didn't offer free wi-fi and breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Misty K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel, and for your kind words. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to serve your lodging needs again when your travels bring you back to downtown Milwaukee.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Do Not stay there unit they fix this issue. It is a known issue, they are not fixing it.AC/Heat ran the entire night. it was either 100 degrees in the room or it was 40.. staff all knew there was problems. T

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and I apologize for this. The 3 buildings that the hotel is housed in were added to the Milwaukee skyline in the 1930's. While this often lends to an interesting and unique hotel experience in a good way, sometimes the age of the building lends to unexpected experiences that negatively influence a person's stay. Because of the unique set up of the building, the heating and cooling systems are separate, unlike the singular heating & cooling unit found below the window in many hotel rooms these days. This means that both systems must be on at all times to accommodate the varying comfort temperatures of all of our guests. The system has a very specific point at which both systems turn off to keep a room at a static temperature, however with these extreme temperatures outside, it becomes increasingly difficult for the system to maintain this temperature inside the building without turning on. That is why it seemed as though the heat or cool air was always coming through the vents; because this is what was happening. When temperatures outside are less extreme, the systems are able to reach and maintain an equilibrium more easily, and the unique heating and cooling configuration isn't even noticed. I can understand how frustrating this can be, and again I apologize that it effected your stay negatively. Please feel free to reach out to me personally if you would like to discuss your stay in greater detail. Thank you again for your time and I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed here for an interview. Took the train in to Milwaukee, and it ended up being comically late, as in 3 AM. Got to the hotel, and had to use the intercom to get in. The night desk man was extremely nice, getting me to my room extremely quickly.

The room was huge, clean, and quiet. The bed was extremely comfortable, the room warm, and the wi-fi was impecible.

I had breakfast the next morning, and used both the pool and the work out room. The breakfast was excellent, featuring many well-prepared hot foods, on top of the traditional rolls and cereal.

The pool was nice, and was at a good temperature, but as others had mentioned, it was a little on the smallish side. The work-out room was also slightly small, but had good equipment in great condition, so no complaints there.

The staff where extremely courteous, and helpful. I asked for a late check-out, due to my late arrival, and the gave it to me.

And to top it all off, the hotel was very reasonably priced. If you are planning on staying in Milwaukee, I recommend this hotel wholeheartedly.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff friendly and accommodating. Thank you for your time in providing this very comprehensive and insightful review of the hotel. We look forward to serving your lodging needs during your next trip to Milwaukee.