“Avoid MKE Hampton Inn Downtown”

Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #28 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I have had good experiences with Hampton until now. Avoid the Milwaukee Downtown Inn on Wisconsin Avenue. The service was terrible. They forgot my wake up call and got my bill wrong. The place is under construction because it is worn out and threadbare. Parking is a ripoff. The room cleaner was good.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Misty K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Jeff,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am disappointed by the review you provided, as we pride ourselves in being Milwaukee's friendliest hotel. I am sorry that you did not experience this level of service during your stay with us. I would love to speak to you about the service that you received so that your concerns can be addressed wtih my staff immediately. We have just recently started a renovation of all guest rooms. I hope that you will consider coming back to visit us once the renovation is complete. Thank you again for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Misty Kingsley

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Dirty, confusing, misleading. No luggage carts, misinformation about best parking option to use. Our bathroom was filthy (stained walls, etc). Broken Toilet seat would not stay up, toilet paper rack set behind you which makes using the toilet a challenge. Stairs in middle of the hall around a corner, so dont let little ones run ahead at all. Milk is $2 or $3 depending which person is working the front. The location is good, and the work out room is acceptable for a small room (accommodate 3 people maybe 4). The pool is long and narrow, more like a lap pool than a family fun pool. The breakfast is as expected, watery eggs with cheese mixed in them. I was here for a wedding, and would not stay here again if it was my choice. Hot tub gets very Hot, jets in the tub are average.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I did enjoy the hot breakfast, it was very nice. The staff was very helpful and kind. I did not like that I had to ask for a fridge (I did not have a suite). I could clearly hear my neighbors engaging in loud behaviors, my sliding lock on the door was partially broken. I struggled with feeling uncomfortable with the location of the hotel in downtown Milwaukee.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I travel for work and often stay at Hampton Suites because they are usually constant with room and services. This location if far from Hampton quality standards that I have experienced in other parts of the US.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

This hotel is close to quality restaurants and the Milwaukee River Walk. It is across the street from an awesome YMCA although the hotel has a above average fitness center. The YMCA has an indoor running track.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Had to check in in the middle of the night because my car broke down en route to Chicago. Man at front desk and valet were extremely nice and helpful. Love that they have breakfast to-go bags if you have to leave before the complimentary breakfast. Overall amazing!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I had a great experience staying at your hotel. I had a conference right across the street, there were good restaurants on our block. I also heard about free shuttle service around the city, but didn't actually use it. The continental breakfast had good selections. Over all, my stay was well worth the trip.