“Nice Stay Downtown!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #27 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very friendly staff greeted us, got us checked in quickly and gave good recommendations and directions to restaurants. Free breakfast was hot and hearty with lots of healthy choices. Being in the middle of downtown, we were concerned about street noise, but the hotel was very quiet.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Misty K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Sue,

Thank you for your review and for your kind words. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My son graduated from Marquette University and we stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites for the weekend. It was within walking distance (about 4 blocks) of the Bradley Center and Milwaukee Theater where the general graduation and Business School Graduation was held. The hotel cost was reasonable and the staff was very courteous. I recommend staying here for MU commencement.

Tom,

Congratulations on your son's recent graduation! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to serve your future lodging needs in Milwaukee. Thank you for your time in completing this review and for your business.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is a Hampton under room up grades.First room was recently renovated and still had the glue smell.As the windows don't open I asked for another room. It was busy but they accommodated. The new room didn't have refrigerator and safe.When I went to front desk they insisted all rooms had fridge and sent me back to look some more,Needless to say my next trip to the front desk I asked them to join me.They declined.
The room was clean but has a thermostat adjustment that has three settings Heat-Off-Cool.
I was not satisfied with the stay and lack of refrigerator was annoying.The front desk did inform that eventually all rooms will have refrigerator.They did adjust the bill to reflect the Hampton satisfaction guarantee.
The location is downtown and convenient. I would probably not go back as there are other hotels in the area at their price point that are newer and already brought up to current standards.

Room Tip: ask about refrigerator and if room had been upgraded recently?

Joe,

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to accommodate your request for a room with a fridge, but as my front desk team told you, all rooms will have fridges once our rooms renovation is complete. We are proud to stand by our Hampton guarantee, and while I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your needs and that was necessary, I am happy to hear that my staff is actively embodying Hamptonality and honored it for you. I invite you to come back to visit us after our renovation is complete to experience our new guest rooms. Thank you!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We went to Milwaukee for a one day get away over Mother's Day weekend. We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites about 6 years ago and thought we would try it again. I read the reviews and was very concerned with what I saw but since we were only staying one night I thought we would try it.

The hotel needs to some some upgrades that is for sure but if you are staying one night and want to be close to the river and you are not picky it will do. Our check in when smooth but it appears the parties before us did not have a smooth check in. They mentioned to me that they opened our AC worked, when we got to our room it worked fine.

The one thing I like about this hotel is the room lay out. When you walk in, you walk into the sitting area, which contains a couch, chair desk, refrig., sick, microwave. Next is the double sink and across from that is the toilet/shower which does have a door to separate it. After this is the bedroom which also has a door you can shut. Our room view was of another building but again that did not matter to us since we were there for one night and did not plan on staying in the room all night.

The hotel is great if you are travel with kids and to want to put them to bed but you want to stay up and talk, you can be in the sitting room and they can be in the bedroom.

Parking - We parked in the parking garage and found our way to the entrance door - which if I recall was between the 2 and 3 floor. The cost of parking of the night was $14 or $16.

Pool - the pool is small but when we went to use it, it was us and one other family, so it was not a problem. The hot tub was so hot I could not sit in it but everyone else could.

Staff - the staff was very nice and helpful. On Sunday they wanted to make we had a place to sit and had enough to eat. Was very impressed with their concern.

Breakfast - a great breakfast, if you go away hungry, that is your fault. they have a great variety of options.

Like I said the hotel is ok, would I stay there again, not unless I could got a really good deal. Would I recommend the hotel? I would tell others if they can get a good deal it would probably be worth it but I would let them know what to expect.

G Packer Gal,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel with such detail. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the front desk staff provided exceptional service. I am happy to inform you that we are currently undergoing a renovation of all of our guestrooms, therefore an update is on the horizon. I hope that you come back and visit us to experience our brand new rooms. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

This downtown location is perfect for walking to local sites. Lots of restaurants and so much beautiful architecture to take in. Not a small children family vacation oriented part of town. It's totally safe, but would be more enjoyed by a an adult crowd.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Doreen,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving your lodging needs on your next visit to Milwaukee.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

My husband and I were on a family visit and have been to this hotel on more than one previous occasion. The hotel has a very accommodating staff at a fun location downtown! It is our hotel of choice in Milwaukee.

Tim,

Thank you for your business and your kind words. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The hotel has a good location, but the hotel itself is very old. The air conditioning in the room did not work whatsoever. I was moved to a new room for the second night of my stay and the air conditioning in that room barely worked. At this point I just had to deal with it. In addition, the wireless internet was in and out and was extremely slow when it was "working". Lastly, the TV in my second room did not work. You would think that if you experienced an issue that the staff would check to make sure everything was perfect in your new room before moving you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Misty K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Andrew,

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize you did not experience the quality of amenities you've come to expect from us. Though we were able to relocate you, we regret any inconveniences this may have caused to your trip. Our maintenance team has been alerted of the issues you've mentioned with your guest rooms and will be sure to repair them for future guest use. We have just started a complete renovation of our guestrooms, which does include updates to our HVAC and wireless internet systems. I hope you would consider staying with us again when these updates have been completed. Thank you again.