“Overall disappointed especially with the rooms”
Review of Hotel Metro

Hotel Metro
Ranked #40 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Chicago
“Overall disappointed especially with the rooms”
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Cons
Rooms need renovation!!! (hotel does not look as nice as the pictures)
Bed was a bag of sand
Smelled of old smoke
Front desk service was off with some of the staff
Rooms are loud (you can hear everything in hallway)

Pros
Great valet
Nice outdoor sundeck (although no lounge chairs!)
Service in bar, valet and restaurant was excellent
Downtown, ideal location

Overall, would not stay again

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Northern Virginia
Reviewed 14 August 2011

My wife and I found this hotel to be in a terrific location and something outside the normal hotel room. Our room was a suite with the bed completely isolated from the living area with a unique and stylish curved wall design. We were able to leave the mess of our clothing and unmade bed outside of view as several visitors came to call. The bathroom is quite large with a huge tub. The hotel staff were exceptional - I arrived by redeye flight and while I know they probably can't always do this, they were able to let me go to my room early in the morning. We also had a function at the hotel's rooftop terrace - what a great venue and terrific views of Milwaukee. The catered food was exceptionally good - both in presentation and taste. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Cedar Grove
Reviewed 18 July 2011

The Hotel Metro is the only romantic getaway hotel we will ever stay at in Milwaukee. We always get wonderful service and are never disappointed. The valet parking is prompt and curtious. David at the front desk is always welcoming with a warm smile! Another new friendly face at the front desk is Kevin. These two gentlemen are tops in our book and are sure to fulfill any request. Our room was clean, tidy, and cool enough as the air was set just right. Room service was right on time also. We will return in the future for more romance and look forward to more pampering! LOVE IT!
Thanks so much!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I stayed here with two people in one of the King suites (one king bed and separate room with sofas, table, etc). The room is huge, and for that reason it could offer decent value for large groups. It is also in a superb location, and the valet service was quick and dependable during our stay.

However, the room itself was not very clean and was in need of updating. There was cracked/peeling paint in several places, the drapes had brown stains of some sort on them, the fireplace had tiles breaking off of it (one of which I stepped on), and the shower had rusty metal poking out of the hose. The bed was not comfortable (pillows felt like sacks of sand). The rooms were very dusty. I expected better from a room that's $300/night.

Room Tip: Bring the coffee mug from your room to the restaurant for free coffee
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 May 2011

It's a good hotel, rooms are great, cleverly designed suites, but at the hotel restaurant which I visited because there was no room service menu in my room, I was appalled to receive pork bits placed on top of the my fish and have the manager say that was the chef's customary practice - no mention of it in the menu and I had to complain alot before they removed my charges for being served pork unknowingly! Likewise a visit to the tiny health club was disappointing give the sauna "needed a fuse installed" but no one could come change the fuse... pretty bad if you ask me, also no towels set out nothing. What's the point of advertising a spa if the equipment doesn't work... Very nice staff though.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
San Francisco, California, USA
Reviewed 3 May 2011

My friend and I just wanted to check out Milwaukee. Not only was the hotel really central- we could walk to good food and drinks (including the Safe House bar), but the service was exemplary. They have a London-style cab with which they will drop off and pick you up from nearby places. The guy gave us a 45- minute driving tour around Milwaukee- narrating it the whole time. We loved it- would definitely recommend them!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
chicago
Reviewed 4 April 2011

I thought the hotel had a great location and the valet parking was excellent. All of the staff was friendly and helpful.

The room we had was really nice. It was a king size room, with the whirlpool tub, 2 tvs, couch and seating area. We were really happy with the room, until we tried to sleep.

There is some club or something across the street that pounds bass until 2 in the morning. We were on the 5th floor and this was loud. I could have zoned that out, but then whenever our heat would kick on there was a terrible loud pounding and clicking noises. So we slept terribly.

We tried to turn the heat up and then turn it off, so it would only run once and then be off. However it either is hot or cold air that will come up. So if you crank it to 75 for the night then want to go to bed at 70, it turns the air on to cool it down.

The next day we told them about this and there were supposedly going to fix it. They did not fix either the thermostat, or the pounding when the heat kicked on. And obviously they could do nothing about the bass.

So I would not recommend this hotel unless you can get a quiet room, which I would imagine there has to be a some. I think maybe towards the front of the building instead of the rear.

In addition to this, our closet had a terrible smell in in.

The pluses for me were the free valet, the 25 food/bar voucher and the free wi-fi.

I would stay here again, but only if I could have a quiet room.

Room Tip: Try and stay on the opposite side from the clubs.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple